• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PS4 Update 1.04 is out!

murgo

Guys, check for game updates. It's finally out! Downloading the 500mb update right now.

Patch notes by Reddid user chains-:

08tBEEl.jpg

grq3Ly7.jpg

1.04 for consoles and 1.05 for PC.

Patch notes:

THE WITCHER 3 - UPDATE 1.04/1.05 NOTES
Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

EDIT: Not sure if these are full patch notes or if there are more, they may be outdated.

Dubz

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

Can I get a hell yeah?

No mention of the slow motion bug :( Guess I'll just stick to Witcher tradition and not use crossbows.

Can anyone get a screenshot of the increased font?

bombshell

I read in the other thread that slow camera panning is smooth now on PC. Someone please test if it's smooth on PS4 now too.

DWinn7

"Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements."

Praise be to Allah!
*Mike Tyson voice

eshwaaz

I really hope the enlarged GUI and HUD are optional. They're just fine for me; I don't want more screen clutter.

Can someone do me a favor and confirm whether or not the text above NPC's heads saying "Press X to talk" or whatever is any larger? I don't want it to be since I already hate that text and wish I could turn it off.

UI is a bit better but some stuff is still pretty small

Subtitles still look like they belong on a 15 inch monitor and not my living room TV.

But pulled up some book text and bestiary text and it is a bit easier to read

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
What an era to live in...

Getting hyped about random patches...

So true.

Problem is, this patch thing lowers my hype to play games... Now when I play games like DriveClub or The Witcher, I say to myself 'I should play it when the next patch comes out, it'll be more fun'

Well there's always the era of the game that's shipped is what you have to live with...forever.

in that era the game was entirely perfect, now developers rush their games through the door so they can cash in the hype of fans.

omonimo

Banned
I have the suspect they never will fix 20 fps lock bullshit on ps4 or not so early. Should be from day one this issue.

Daffy Duck

Is that not talking about the other issue with the XP quests being above/below a certain level and not actually talking about receiving 0 XP from quests?

bombshell

Is that not talking about the other issue with the XP quests being above/below a certain level and not actually talking about receiving 0 XP from quests?

No, that was by design. But it was also related to playing these grey quests that the game would bug and not pay out xp for normal level quests.

Top Bottom