• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT2| Prepare to Dye

Mononoke

Banned
I was born Lv. 20

In all serious, it almost feel like I am never leaving Lv. 19.

You can do it. Are you playing Ranked? I found leveling up from 19 to 20 hopeless doing that. Switching to Turf, made it easy.

EDIT: It's true that doing Ranked = double the points. However, if you get in a losing funk, it's so damn frustrating. At least with Turf, even if you lose, if you play really well, you can get 1,200-500 points of XP every match. You have a little bit more control over your destiny.

DrStruts

Neo Member
Small issue but could they change it so the "Ink low" message comes up before you run out of ink? Something similar to how CoD has the reload prompt come up when you have only a few bullets left in the magazine. And I would also prefer to get rid of the map rotation thing that happens every four hours. Would rather have all the maps available so I don't play the same map five times in a row.

TheJoRu

You mean Bob Ross brush

zlCfzTbbfyowhyN0Kg

Jamie OD

Going through some of the boy inkling Amiibo challenges.
Am I eventually going to have to do the entire DJ Octavio battle with the roller? That sounds tough.

Grakl

Why doesn't this game give you points when a teammate leaves

Like +100 points at the end per DCed teammate would be nice

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, it counts as a loss.

Ouch! Damn. That's so harsh. I can't even imagine DC right before a Win, especially if you are in a funk to begin with. Ranked can be harsh as hell. I have no idea why I'm dominating it today.

I'll just chalk it up to you guys giving me luck.

@Reila

You can do it. I have faith in you. Sending all my winning energy your way >>>>

Mononoke believes in you! :D

NotLiquid

While the 40 or so people who voted on the runner-up might be a bit disappointed, I think they might appreciate the update I did to the OP's FAQ.

Mononoke

Banned
While the 40 or so people who voted on the runner-up might be a bit disappointed, I think they might appreciate the update I did to the OP's FAQ.

Your OP's are perfection.

Thanks for the hard work (sorry just wanted to say that).

they have to or do you want to go back to the plugger era?

Great point. I would just feel bad for folks, when their is a wave of DC/lag that is on games side. Personally, I haven't had many DC's overall. But you are right.

Dr. Buni

Ouch! Damn. That's so harsh. I can't even imagine DC right before a Win, especially if you are in a funk to begin with. Ranked can be harsh as hell. I have no idea why I'm dominating it today.

I'll just chalk it up to you guys giving me luck.

@Reila

You can do it. I have faith in you. Sending all my winning energy your way >>>>

Mononoke believes in you! :D
Haha thanks :) Have we added each other on the Wii U yet, btw? If not and you are interested, my NNID is reilas.

Also, that is a great Max avatar you have
I want it just to see how it works.
Magic

Legit considering not playing ranked anymore. Every time I play I get covered in sweat and I always get so angry when I go on a 3+ losing streak. It just isnt worth the heart break.

Grakl

Still feel like I'm missing something with the Kelp Charger. I feel like I'm nailing people and I'm just missing. Aiming too hard.

I want it just to see how it works.
The shots aren't instant and there is always a bit of lag. But yeah, shots not being instant means you'll miss sometimes

noshten

7-2 with the Roller, first day playing rank today a real joy to have a different mode.

Seems there is so much more at stake

Any word on if the new modes will be exclusive to ranked or if there will be other modes for regular battles? Because I'm probably not playing ranked much anymore.

Crayolan

Small issue but could they change it so the "Ink low" message comes up before you run out of ink? Something similar to how CoD has the reload prompt come up when you have only a few bullets left in the magazine. And I would also prefer to get rid of the map rotation thing that happens every four hours. Would rather have all the maps available so I don't play the same map five times in a row.

You have a constant visible ink meter. It's on your back.

nice

NotLiquid

Any word on if the new modes will be exclusive to ranked or if there will be other modes for regular battles? Because I'm probably not playing ranked much anymore.

Upcoming modes are all (currently) Ranked but they will be available as custom rules in the August friend matchmaking update.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
2 chargers and an A+ Splatshoot Pro are paired together at the Mall. I (splatshoot jr.) am paired with two short-range players and a roller. Needless to say we lost, and I was rewarded with -12 points.

The matchmaking is so stupid sometimes. Chargers dominate Mall, split them up!

Grakl

2 chargers and an A+ Splatshoot Pro are paired together at the Mall. I (splatshoot jr.) is paired with two short-range players and a roller, two of which are B ranks. Needless to say we lost , and I was rewarded with -12 points.

The matchmaking is so stupid sometimes. Chargers dominate Mall, split them up!
3 charger teams are my favorite teams to be on tbh

Would be really funny if when they add the brush, they change the turf war maps to the mall and skatepark just to troll everybody trying it out.

Gsnap

Legit considering not playing ranked anymore. Every time I play I get covered in sweat and I always get so angry when I go on a 3+ losing streak. It just isnt worth the heart break.

Seriously. I always get one game away from ranking up then get splatter over and over for multiple losses

Mononoke

Banned
Haha thanks :) Have we added each other on the Wii U yet, btw? If not and you are interested, my NNID is reilas.

Also, that is a great Max avatar you have

Magic

I haven't added myself to the Google Doc yet, but I'll add you. :D

Zomba13

If a goddamn missile can have shutter shades, I'm sure that we will be able to have them in the future, alongside the inevitable Octoling DLC

I want to be an octoling, firing ink missiles, while wearing shutter shades. (the missile also has shutter shades).

phanphare

Banned
blackbelly skatepark when it's covered in your ink = GoaT-tier

blackbelly skatepark when it's not covered in your ink = fuuuuuck this shit

Top Bottom