• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is evidently the name of the new game

RSB

Banned
I love Mirror's Edge, but... it's not that good of a game, as such. Mediocre, at best. It's a great virtual parkour simulator, though, and that's why I love it.

I'm afraid that Dice will mess up this reboot by including too much action sequences in it. Basically not learning anything from the mistakes of the original.
If they make the action sequences similar to the first level (Flight) it wouldn't be so bad, actually. The problem would be if the action sequences were like those in The Boat level. Basically they should make it so all (or most) encounters can be avoided using parkour. They should also make it so the combat movements don't interrupt your flow, so you can chain offensive and evasive maneuvers seamlessly.

Oh, and as it's already been said, I don't care how it's called, I just want to play it. Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've been waiting for the sequel for almost 7 years already. E3 Hype!

tci

Looking forward watching this next week. Hopefully only in-game gameplay this time. And a complete track. The music in the series is godly.
It's crazy how good this actually was though.
I remember downloading it for free and removing it 1 min later. I despise mobile games tho.

They can call it Birror's Medge as far as I'm concerned - they've got to get the gameplay right though.

I think they are going to attempt an open world - pretty sure they have already said they are. Which makes me worry - this can't get too close to Assassin's Creed territory. Faith climbing towers to unlock areas of the map? It sounds so easy a trap to fall into. Don't.

This game needs some linearity to allow the running of courses for time attacks and leaderboards. Can they manage to incorporate both into one game? I think they can if done the right way. Think SSX, an open world but with clearly designed 'runs' around the world. When engaging in 'missions' (remember Faith is a courier) the open world 'locks' into runs, what while having some width and multiple paths within depending on skill levels - allow DICE to time these sections for that true Mirror's Edge gameplay. Story missions could be more open.

So there, if they can get the visuals, sounds and awesome first person parkour thrills in a world that uses Faith's vocation as a lead into gratifying gameplay - this still could be a big win for us!

Please EA!

Quentyn

100% confirmed now.

CHEkiO1WwAAGN-T.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/mirrorsedge/status/608307595682684928

Edit: More

Hello everyone,

Two years ago we revealed that we were making a new Mirror’s Edge™. Last year, we gave you a behind the scenes look into some of the early progress we had made. And though we haven't said much else in all that time, we have been listening. Thank you for your incredible passion and your patience. I'm excited to tell you that it's paid off — by this time next week, you will have finally seen more of the game at E3.

Mirror’s Edge has always had a special place in the hearts of all of us at DICE. The first game had a lot of promise. It was unlike anything else in terms of the gameplay and style — it had a unique soul. But as much as we loved that game, we knew it could be more. So that’s what we have set out to do as we introduce Mirror’s Edge to a new generation.

The team has spent a lot of time re-evaluating every aspect of the game and making it a new experience. This is not a sequel, this is not Mirror's Edge 2. We have landed on a vision that honors the first game — pushing the boundaries of first person movement and diving deeper into the story behind our heroine Faith — but also brings a lot of great new, interesting gameplay and features to the experience for our players.

So on behalf on the entire team here at DICE, we can’t wait to show you what we have been pouring our heart and soul into. We can’t wait to introduce you to Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst.

The signature of Sara Jansson
Sara Jansson
Senior Producer, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst

Tune in to the EA press conference on Monday, June 15 at 1:00 PM PDT to learn more. You should also be sure to subscribe to our official YouTube channel to be the first to see more.

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/

Top Bottom