• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew: Wild Run Expansion Pack Announced (Trailer)

Hip Hop

Announced at Ubisoft Conference.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuU9NUER4PI

The Crew Wild Run Expansion takes players to The Summit, a huge gathering of drivers and racing enthusiasts facing off in a series of extreme events set in iconic US locations.

Players will put their skills to the test competing with cars from The Crew and four entirely new vehicle types to determine who will become king of the road.

Monster trucks that can perform dangerous back-flips and insane jumps

Motorcycles from prestigious brands that can take on the fastest cars on and off-road

Dragsters designed to reach incredible top speeds

Drift cars that demonstrate impressive control

They also mentioned "Complete Graphics Overhaul"

The Crew Wild Run expansion releases November 17, 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Rivitur

Banned
This is like please forgive us for shipping this unfinished turd here is us working on it for a few months and look it actually looks like we care now.

I was going to make a joke about how stoked the blogger who picked this game as his GOTY is but I can't even remember his damn name so w/e.

This is like the Shasta Cola to Horizon's Pepsi.

Aerocrane

Who wanted this...

I did, the monster trucks look real dumb but the other vehicle classes look cool.

I was going to make a joke about how stoked the blogger who picked this game as his GOTY is but I can't even remember his damn name so w/e.

Tom Chick. http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/01/08/top-ten-games-2014/

So now we seem to have two open world racing games taking the idea of a festival from Motorstorm. I wonder how much actual new content are they going to add with this expansion and will all of it be entirely focused on these new classes of vehicles.

I did, the monster trucks look real dumb but the other vehicle classes look cool.

Tom Chick. http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/01/08/top-ten-games-2014/

So now we seem to have two open world racing games taking the idea of a festival from Motorstorm. I wonder how much actual new content are they going to add with this expansion and will all of it be entirely focused on these new classes of vehicles.

To be quite honest, it's an idea I'd like to see more in racing games.

Aerocrane

To be quite honest, it's an idea I'd like to see more in racing games.

I just hope they don't try to somehow tie this expansion to the main story of the game. The festival is a neat setting, but I wish they had used it as the main setting of the whole game instead of bothering with that bad story about a racing gang. I've never played either of the Forza Horizon games, but it seems that those games use the festival setting pretty well. Then again, those games have a smaller playable area where the festival setting makes sense. It really doesn't make as much sense in The Crew where they have a scaled-down USA.

mclem

So, this announcement got me thinking, in a similar way to the Titanfall-on-EA-Access announcement at Microsoft's conference: There's a certain dark humour in seeing these games which were pushed so heavily at their original conferences being referenced so very briefly in later followup conferences, with The Crew here getting roughly equal billing to a Trials expansion.

I'm not sure what to make of this phenomenon, really. It's certainly a relatively new thing; that'd be in part simply because there's more reason to refer back to older games in press conferences these days. It's sad, in a way; it's information that needs to be disseminated, but doesn't merit much focus. We'll see how it goes in Sony's conference, but I strongly expect that there will be a lot more pomp and hooplah about the Bloodbourne DLC plans, a lot more confidence in them.

I fear it's a slight testament to the hit-driven focus of the industry these days. And I can't help but feel that that's a little bit of a shame.

Hip Hop

For anyone that cares, new video has been released with more info today.

Rain weather system confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmSjPKRa13Y

The game has been a joy to play. I've been playing it for the past few days now to actually beat the game. It's not as bad as people made out to be, and it doesn't drag at all. It's fun trying to level up your car, "MMO" style.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm actually intrigued this time

Shame that Forza 6 in September and NFS in November will make this purchase rather difficult

OrangeOak

For anyone that cares, new video has been released with more info today.

Rain weather system confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmSjPKRa13Y

The game has been a joy to play. I've been playing it for the past few days now to actually beat the game. It's not as bad as people made out to be, and it doesn't drag at all. It's fun trying to level up your car, "MMO" style.

Thanks, it looks nice. Also, I agree that game is fun, especially with friends.

Hip Hop

The problem with this game was the handling.

Did they fix it?

I guess?

I started out late in this game, so I don't know if it changed over time, but I never had a problem.

The starter cars were more "tough" to handle, which is why you always saw people complain about it with the beta since they were stuck using those cars.

but once you make progress, handling, breaking, acceleration, etc. all becomes much easier and better. And it doesn't take long to get there. The campaign is really not that long.

The beta put me off the game, but if this turns out to be fun then I might wait for the eventual Complete Edition to come out and then go on sale.

nikos

Really need to boot this game up again, as its been a while. The expansion looks great, and the addition of motorcycles pretty much makes it a must-buy for me.

So I would need the base game then get this correct? Does the complete graphics overhaul mean for the OG campaign too? Obviously right?

WinFonda

The Crew is honestly a pretty amazing game. I'm surprised to see some of the negativity around it, like GameSpot's review. It deserves way better based on its technical merits alone, I mean, my god... the world is immense and detailed, its better than GTAV imo... and the load times are nill. A graphics overhaul has me pretty excited, since the graphics are great considering the scope; I certainly don't find it lacking--except that the cockpit view doesn't have functional mirrors. The worldmap they've laid out has so much potential for other games, and sequels. I really hope Ivory Tower/Ubisoft put it to use.

Anyway, The Crew is the most fun I've had with a racer since Burnout Revenge and is some modern shade of Cruisin' USA. It's the game Driveclub should have been. It's just massive conceptually and very well executed.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The Crew is honestly a pretty amazing game. I'm surprised to see some of the negativity around it, like GameSpot's review. It deserves way better based on its technical merits alone, I mean, my god... the world is immense and detailed, its better than GTAV imo... and the load times are nill. A graphics overhaul has me pretty excited, since the graphics are great considering the scope; I certainly don't find it lacking--except that the cockpit view doesn't have functional mirrors. The worldmap they've laid out has so much potential for other games, and sequels. I really hope Ivory Tower/Ubisoft put it to use.

Anyway, The Crew is the most fun I've had with a racer since Burnout Revenge and is some modern shade of Cruisin' USA. It's the game Driveclub should have been. It's just massive conceptually and very well executed.

yeah bro you just lost me @bold.

willbsn13

"Its the game Driveclub should have been"

"Its a better world than GTAV"

ummmmmmmmmmm

worth $15?
Is that all it is? Think I'll find a copy of the base game cheap after I finish all the fall stuff and check it out. The base game was deeply flawed but the scope was really impressive, and it was fun just to put on some music and drive around.

But give me a break at it being the game Drive Club should have been Fonda. What do you even mean by that, they're totally different games. Maybe you mean the game Forza Horizon should have been?
Not that that's too much less laughable.

chixdiggit

The Crew is actually a lot of fun now. People should really give it another look. Most fun I have had with an arcade racer since the Burnout days.

Top Bottom