• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

My rewatch has finally progressed into the final arc of 02.

I'm really reliving all of the stuff I hated about it back when I was 13. It's still rage inducing. Episode 43 still pisses me off so much.

All that keeps me going now is the knowledge that if I can survive 7 more episodes, I can rewatch Tamers.

Not here yet so I don't know. Still waiting on it.

Just checked as well, it's in the country so it depends on customs I guess but I should get it this week.
Thanks, I normally receive stuff a day after it gets to customs. But I guess it depends on how far you live from their centre.

Stuart444

Thanks, I normally receive stuff a day after it gets to customs. But I guess it depends on how far you live from their centre.

My tracking says "Scheduled Delivery Date" (it's via EMS from Japan) so either here tomorrow or if I miss it (haircut in the morning lol) hopefully Wednesday.

I'm not too bothered when though but the sooner the better.

Stuart444

They arrived, didn't expect them til tomorrow:

19474009789_c98c4282bd_o.jpg

Tags + Crest in the box :)

The pin I got (yes, just one pin)

Crest of Light

And it lights up! :D

All of them together

Wow, those crests look awesome. I'd really like to pick those up but money's tight and I've already got a great looking replica that I picked up a few years ago. Mighty jealous!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Stuart444

Digimon World: New Order announced for Vita next year.

Better hope Cyber Sleuth sells well otherwise we won't be seeing this outside of Japan lol.

Digimon World: New Order announced for Vita next year.

Better hope Cyber Sleuth sells well otherwise we won't be seeing this outside of Japan lol.

Even if you hate Digimon Story games, the next Digimon World (and other Digimon games) coming over here hinges on its success, so y'all better support it.

Hopefully Cyber Sleuth 2 is also being planned. I'll probably import Next Order assuming it looks good.

I'm really happy right now. Despite Tri turning out to be an elaborate troll, Digimon is back as a franchise. That's what it feels like to me, at least.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Would be nice to get it, but I always get annoyed when the first game is skipped, since they say it's a Re;Digitize sequel.

Stuart444

Would be nice to get it, but I always get annoyed when the first game is skipped, since they say it's a Re;Digitize sequel.

Nothing about it has been said as a sequel, it's just set in the same world from the looks of it :p. (which I guess you could consider it a sequel based on that alone)

But if it makes you feel any better, ReDigitize was not the first game, it itself was a sequel to Digimon World PS1 as ReDigitize is set sometime in the future after World 1 from what I read on it.

But honestly any Digimon games released overseas should be cause for celebration. It was all but dead until the CS announcement.

Gotta hope it sells well so Digimon games come out here in the future. New Order and whatever comes after that.

I think it's a sequel in the sense that it has the gameplay of Re: Digitize, not really sure though.

I wouldn't surprised if there were cameos, considering Cyber Sleuth had characters from Re: Digitize (I'd almost say Mirei is a shoe-in).

I'm stoked to hear about this announcement! I bought All-Star Rumble and I'm waiting impatiently for Cyber Sleuth PS4, so I'll buy anything Bandai shits out with the Digimon name.

Here's the scan:

[redacted due to them not magazine scans not being allowed]

via Gematsu

I WONDER WHAT THAT MACHINDRAMON IS[/sarcasm] - Looks awesome. Hopefully they make it more like the OG digimon worlds battle system, Re:Digitized's felt clunky. Playing a modren Digimon World 1 esque game on the go is like a dream come true tbh.
I'm not complainnig since their evolutions are some of my favourite digimons, but maybe Agumon & Gabumon need a rest. Although... Agumon is always my starting Digimon :D.
Edit- Whoops, double post.

Stuart444

Magazine Scans aren't allowed here, better delete it. :)

Also I just realized it's next order, don't know why I thought it was new.

I'm tired I think lol.

Magazine Scans aren't allowed here, better delete it. :)

Also I just realized it's next order, don't know why I thought it was new.

I'm tired I think lol.

Wasn't there a manga called Digimon Next . I stopped reading it due to the translation being so slow.
Also, thanks for the pics. The crest pin also has all the crest symbols on the back which is nice.

EDIT- New smaartphone game as well - Digimon Linkz.
Via Gematsu's Source:http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/07/14/digimon-world-next-order-coming-to-ps-vita-in-2016/

Boss Doggie

Yeah remember those Digimon games based on anime that are good? Yeah me too!

except for Savers game, that one was playable

EGOMON

Please direct me to clips of Taichi or Taiki punching Digimon.

Actually that is the reason i don't like Daimon masaru he is typical anime macho protagonist why even he had a digimon partner? he would beat boss digimon with his fist it was so stupid i hated Digimon savers because of him

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing about it has been said as a sequel, it's just set in the same world from the looks of it :p. (which I guess you could consider it a sequel based on that alone)

But if it makes you feel any better, ReDigitize was not the first game, it itself was a sequel to Digimon World PS1 as ReDigitize is set sometime in the future after World 1 from what I read on it.

But honestly any Digimon games released overseas should be cause for celebration. It was all but dead until the CS announcement.

Gotta hope it sells well so Digimon games come out here in the future. New Order and whatever comes after that.

I didn't know Re;Digitize was a World sequel. I never really got to play them, except I did rent 2 once and got stuck when i found out you could only take a specific amount of steps in a dungeon in your vehicle. I kept running out of gas until I found my way through -_-

I mean, yeah I'm happy and will get it, but it does stink that SO many games we get now are sequels. A pain since for many, the first one was for PSP or whatever and the sequel ended up on the (more stable kinda sorta) Vita. So it's like, it would be nice to get the full story but what can ya do :/

I didn't know Re;Digitize was a World sequel. I never really got to play them, except I did rent 2 once and got stuck when i found out you could only take a specific amount of steps in a dungeon in your vehicle. I kept running out of gas until I found my way through -_-

I mean, yeah I'm happy and will get it, but it does stink that SO many games we get now are sequels. A pain since for many, the first one was for PSP or whatever and the sequel ended up on the (more stable kinda sorta) Vita. So it's like, it would be nice to get the full story but what can ya do :/

I haven't seen anything yet which points to it being in the same world. Jijimon & Greymon have the same roles though. The town is vastly different to what it was in World 1 as well. Digimon world 2 was broken at times, it's the worst digimon ps1 game imo.

Also, there's an image for Digimon Linkz:
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/digimon-linkz-new-mobile-game-coming-in.html
Looks like a proper game!

Another game app was announced last week apparently - Digimon soul chaser:
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/soul-hunter-digimon-soul-chaser.html

Boss Doggie

It's not a sequel, with that said it is re-imagining of sorts.

So I noticed Next's protagonist is in high school (if I read right). I wonder if they are fully committing to that older audience.

gotta tie it to Tri somehow

Digimon Adventure PSP is awesome.

I guess, but it feels kinda stilted if you know what I mean. Anime-based games tend to be like that.

I wanted to like that one but it was so slowwwwwwwwwww

you got a point

Actually that is the reason i don't like Daimon masaru he is typical anime macho protagonist why even he had a digimon partner? he would beat boss digimon with his fist it was so stupid i hated Digimon savers because of him

nah he beat digimon because of Agumon, and actually he reasoned with many Digimon

Stuart444

Sure wish Adventure had a Vita port made...

Enhanced port or remake would have been awesome. (gone over it before but the limitations of the PSP are evident).

Still as a fan of the anime, the game is awesome. The actual gameplay systems being good helps a lot though. :D

I-hate-u

Enhanced port or remake would have been awesome. (gone over it before but the limitations of the PSP are evident).

Still as a fan of the anime, the game is awesome. The actual gameplay systems being good helps a lot though. :D

Oh man, too bad its on the PSP. I would have loved to try it out had it came to the west.

Boss Doggie

What is this in reference to? Next Order? How is that any more of an anime tie-in than the well loved Cyber Sleuth and Re:Digitize?

Didn't they already showed signs of Takato and Gomamon in it?

Also I don't like CS and am saddened that it was the focus rather than the much better RD :(

Stuart444

Also I don't like CS and am saddened that it was the focus rather than the much better RD :(

I don't know how you can say this when you haven't played CS. You're literally basing it off previous Story games when this trumps them all.

And it;s the focus because it's the newest one, from a business perspective, it makes perfect sense.

As for next order, since it looks similar to Redigitize (and is a Digimon World game), you should be hoping CS sells well so we might actually get Next Order.

I can't only expect too much.

If the new game is re:digitize then they better expand it.

One of my complaints for Re: Digitize was the lack of Digimon, but hopefully since Cyber Sleuth had so many new models, this entry will step it up in that department.

The art might be hinting at two Digimon at a time too.

Top Bottom