• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"ZOMBI" for Xbox One rated in Australia, published by Ubisoft

Gurrry

ZombiU was awesome for me until it basically broke. Im not sure what happened, but it wont even run on my WiiU anymore. And the disc is in perfect condition (no scratches, smudges, etc).

Did anyone else have the issue where you would try to open a door and it would take 30-60 seconds for it to finally open? It was like it was loading the next room, but now that I think about it, it might just be my bad copy. No other game on my WiiU has so many issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if its a hd version of ZombU thats neat, I loved it on the Wii, but at the same time, the gamepad stuff was pretty essencial so it will lose alot of its charm without it

GDGF

Soothsayer
I need to finish this game. Kind of stuck somewhere in the middle in what looks to be a warehouse with a bunch of zombies on the outside. They have all my stuff and I want it back.

They'll probably just put it in-game. Like the game pauses or something whenever you use something that was on the Gamepad and it displays it on screen. The whole Smartglass, Vita as a second screen thing kind of died on arrival. I don't see them really making it a mandatory thing for any game.

Wasnt the interesting thing about it that the game was NOT paused and you could be kill while looking at your bag?
If you pause that menu then it looses some of its roguelike elements.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
if its a hd version of ZombU thats neat, I loved it on the Wii, but at the same time, the gamepad stuff was pretty essencial so it will lose alot of its charm without it

I dunno with the advent of Smartglass and PS4 having a similar app you could easily bring over those parts. Maybe have 2 modes. A regular version and then a version that recreates the Wii U gameplay via smartglass etc. Other way would have it maybe not pause the game when you go into the bag. Have it be somewhat transparent around edges so you can tell you're being attacked.

Xater

If they re-worked the UI it can totally work without the second screen. I mean not being able to pause while managing your inventory is really not such a novel concept. The Souls games have it and tons of survival games.

Shauni

It was on the Wii U and in HD.

Wasnt the interesting thing about it that the game was NOT paused and you could be kill while looking at your bag?

Was for most, yeah, but like I said, I don't see them making Smartglass/Vita second screen a requirement. An option maybe, but I kind of doubt they will even bother.

Atolm

I loved the game and by the end of it I found the Gamepad elements a chore more than anything else so I'm not sad to see them go.

It was on the Wii U and in HD.

Was for most, yeah, but like I said, I don't see them making Smartglass/Vita second screen a requirement. An option maybe, but I kind of doubt they will even bother.

Maybe make the menu tranparent so you can still see the screen and bag at the same time? That or putting a little window pop up as the bad when you want to look for something.

Nosgotham

Got launch day Wii U ZombiU bundle and still not played it.

For shame! It's pretty great. Probably not enough people now to populate your world so you wouldnt get the same experience if you picked it up

Zombi-Screenshot1.jpg

I would laugh if it was just an HD Zombi re-release.

For shame! It's pretty great. Probably not enough people now to populate your world so you wouldnt get the same experience if you picked it up

Over the course of the last 2 weeks I encountered roundabout 6-7 different player zombis, not much but they still helped filling up my inventory with ammo and molotovs etc.

It's online?

When you die then your character gets transferred into someone elses game as a zombi, it stays in your game too and you have to hurry to get your inventory back (with a new character, kinda souls like) if you die before getting it back then it's gone and if another player kills your character zombi in his game, it's also gone... I'm actually not sure if that is all correct what I just told you but I believe this is the case.

Y'all need to buy it. One of the best zombie games out there (in recent years) with a true focus on survival.

My guess is they just put the Gamepad screen to cover up the center of TV screen when entering the backpack, so you still get a similar real-time management result. Though it won't be as easily manageable without the touchscreen.

Hopefully this leads to Zombi
U

scitek

I'm sorry, but I don't see how the game would be any less effective by having a The Last Of Us-style inventory screen pop up instead of having the Gamepad. I guess the element of having to look down like you're the character rummaging through your bag could be lost, but the essentials of the experience would go largely untouched.

Why not ZombiOne :(

Because it would be hella confusing if the PS4 port would be titled "Zombi4" and everyone would ask themselves where the other 2 games are.

Yea. The reviews had me scratching my head. The game was amazing. More so cause it was an Ubisoft game and wasn't near as buggy as most of their games are.

It really only had one huge bug (a gamebreaking one even that forced you to restart) where a certain door wouldn't open after you killed a cretain zombie you had to kill to get a key to that door.
That one's been fixed a few weeks after release though.
Everything else in that game is damn fine and all the reviews don't do it justice.

This is one of the only games that I felt fully utilized the GamePad and made it feel like a necessity. It'll lose a certain quality when it's played on a normal controller.

Kouriozan

I liked it on WiiU, but the tablet stuff it's just boring.

It was (and still is, which is extremely sad) the only game that use 100% of the Gamepad, and use it very well.
I wonder how they'll replace it, hope that won't kill part of the tension (like picking up items/unlocking doors while stuff happens on screen)

Then make it not pause when you look at, say, your bag.

I think Alien Isolation did something like this to lesser level, when you enabled radar it blurred the rest of your vision - though very, very little.

Raide

It was (and still is, which is extremely sad) the only game that use 100% of the Gamepad, and use it very well.
I wonder how they'll replace it, hope that won't kill part of the tension (like picking up items/unlocking doors while stuff happens on screen)

They will probably just position the camera in a way that makes doing things more difficulty to see what is going on around you. The tablet stuff was just a distraction to look down at it instead of the main screen. They can replicate this by just having the play look into the bag on the screen and obscure your vision. I dunno!

Top Bottom