• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother 64DD discs found on eBay

CO_Andy

ds.qj.net said:
About a year ago one person managed to snag four blue beta 64DD discs with M3 written on them. The buyer was told that these discs had Mother 3 on them, but he was unable to check the discs even with a 64DD development kit. The missing ingredient is a partner 64 cartridge and floppy discs containing the IPL4 rom program. All of the sudden the missing link popped up on eBay and maybe just maybe we will all get a chance to see Mother 3D soon.
g475462_mother3dd_medium.jpg

Amirox am heart attack? The original article can be found here --> http://www.siliconera.com/2006/06/15/earthbound-2-for-nintendo-64-unearthed/

ant1532

Banned
:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
why are there so many of these "long lost nintendo rarities" threads popping up? are these things coming out of nowhere or what?

how about everyone here on gaf gives amirox 20 bucks so he can bid?

edit: what if the person that bought the mother 3 discs already sold them or has no interest in buying the DD debug system? we'll never see the real mother 3 :_(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
..pakbeka.. said:

**** that, I`m bidding myself.

Zeed

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
If I understand the article correctly, there are two parts to this puzzle (or rather 3). A 64DD Development Kit, the disks, and the cartridges. Someone out there already has the Dev Kit and disks, but is missing the cartridges...which have now surfaced on eBay.

The chances of the one person with the Dev Kit and disks winning the auction for the cartridges seems highly unlikely...but it would be awesome if it happens.

EDIT: Looks like the auction ALREADY ENDED...winning bid, only $400...

ant1532

Banned
Zyid said:
If I understand the article correctly, there are two parts to this puzzle (or rather 3). A 64DD Development Kit, the disks, and the cartridges. Someone out there already has the Dev Kit and disks, but is missing the cartridges...which have now surfaced on eBay.

The chances of the one person with the Dev Kit and disks winning the auction for the cartridges seems highly unlikely...but it would be awesome if it happens.

EDIT: Looks like the auction already ended...winning bid, only $400...
Nowhere in that auction do i see a DD dev kit (which is seperate from a n64 dev kit) and the mother 3 disks.

rafman400

Zyid said:

EDIT: Looks like the auction ALREADY ENDED...winning bid, only $400...

Its like gathering all three triforces. =O

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
that's 'just' the 64DD devkit
The missing link that's needed is apparently those floppy disks you can see in the auction picture. The article clearly links that auction as being the "missing link".

It's all over.

rafman400 said:
Its like gathering all three triforces. =O
Yeah, and the one who does so can make a choice - spread the love to the whole world, or keep it all for himself.

Amir0x

Banned
Zyid said:
The missing link that's needed is apparently those floppy disks you can see in the auction picture. The article clearly links that auction as being the "missing link".

It's all over.

o i see

well... the ****er who got it better know how to spread the love

hard

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Pay huge sums of money to play an ugly incomplete and probably buggy game on crappy outdated hardware that is readily available with much better graphics on a handheld!

I totally want this regardless.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
davepoobond said:
why are there so many of these "long lost nintendo rarities" threads popping up? are these things coming out of nowhere or what?
Nintendo is one of the few japanese companies that actually archives old source code, old betas, and unused assets.

Zeed

Banned
MutFox said:
No kidding, or know someone that can.
He'll need to give it to the guy who has the disks. Some people are apparently willing to pay $3000 to see this thing dumped. Let's just hope that whoever won this knows about this and is willing to loan it out.

Az987

all good things
i am totally going to buy a bunch of old catridges and peel the stickers off real nice and write really rare game names on them and make a **** load off of ebay

Joe Molotov

Someone hurry up and port the code to the PC now, so I can play it without having to spend any money or know what an IPL4 rom program is, please.

Xdrive05

Is this the game where they cancelled it because they weren't comfortable programming in 3D or something?

Man... so we may actually see screenshots soon?

Senretsu

I don't quite understand how this works but someone get the **** over there and figure out if this is worth getting excited about. The screens I saw looked like shit, but it's Mother, so I can't help but be intrigued.

ant1532

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
Is this the game where they cancelled it because they weren't comfortable programming in 3D or something?

Man... so we may actually see screenshots soon?
They've been out forever lol.
http://starmen.net/eb64/

Joe Molotov said:
Someone hurry up and port the code to the PC now, so I can play it without having to spend any money or know what an IPL4 rom program is, please.
He just got the cables to hook up his dev kit last week or something so he's working on dumping on it soon.

Az987 said:
i am totally going to buy a bunch of old catridges and peel the stickers off real nice and write really rare game names on them and make a **** load off of ebay
Metroid 64 please. I'll buy it.

Top Bottom