• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 has been decided, but Nomura can't announce it yet

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

DKHF

I'm guessing it will be in late 2016.

Hopefully at least the release window is announced in November at D23.

lumi7890

Wow. Maybe it is going to come out soon then all of us thought. I wonder why they wont announce the release date thought?

Peff

As for the next time we will learn about FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Nomura says that the date has been set, but he declined to say when exactly that was. He apologizes for the extremely long wait that fans have had to endure, promising that the next update will come with some substantial information.

The more things change...

Einbroch

Banned
KH3 - October 2016
FFXV - March 2017
FFVIIr - October 2017

2017 is the 20th anniversary, make it the year of FF.

2022 is 25, we'll get FFXVI and FFXIIr.

Ryan_MSF

My entirely unscientific guess would be something like;

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Winter 2016
FFXV - Early 2017
FF7:Remake - Release date coinciding with 20 year anniversary.

I expect late 2016 at the earliest. The 'in development' update given to us at E3 pretty much told us that the game is still way off.

Walpurgis

Banned

I heard during FFXIII's development, once they made the vertical slice for the demo included in some bluray, their vision became unified and development went so well that they didn't miss a single deadline.

In the case of Kingdom Hearts III, since they are using UE4, I don't expect any technical issues to waste development time. I think Nomura also said that the game's worlds have been developed but now they are filling them in with details and polishing. I don't think there will be any delays.

JCX

"Almost all the worlds will be new" is bigger news to me. So tired of Olympus, Agrabah, and Wonderland.

Having a release date doesn't mean anything if Nomura targets 2017. Still, will be crazy if 2016.

WHERE DAT DREAM DROP DISTANCE CONSOLE PORT, SQUARE? You can't drop the bombshells that occured in DDD and just throw it out there in KH3.

Didn't they say the same about XV a while back and look at that. I wouldn't get too excited. But if it is sooner than expected, maybe GameXplain's theory for 2016 is right.

Auctopus

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series has revealed in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation magazine that they have decided upon a release date for Kingdom Hearts III but they cannot announce it yet. Nomura also states almost all of the worlds in Kingdom Hearts III will be new.

....except for the Coliseum.

Top Bottom