• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: Memories (Otome, Steam/Vita) Releases in August 25th (NA) and 26th (EU)

Shizuka

Idea Factory International’s Amnesia: Memories update is twofold today. In addition to a new trailer that shows how the visual novel plays on the PlayStation Vita, it has revealed additional platforms for the game. The otome will also come to Android and iOS devices.

Idea Factory International is working with Gloczus for the Amnesia: Memories mobile release. The companies previously paired up for the Android and iOS releases of Hakuoki.

A price and release date has not been announced for the mobile ports of Amnesia: Memories, but they have an August release window. The PlayStation Vita and PC versions will be released on the PlayStation Store and Steam on August 25.

Source: Siliconera.

Idea Factory International really working overtime these days. I still remember when they first became a thing and insisted their purpose was to "help promote Idea Factory games in the west", and now look at them...

Anyway, I really appreciate what they're doing. Broadening markets for their own JRPG's & VN's while still sticking to their core markets on PS3/PS4 & Vita etc.

For the time being, it certainly seems like they're pleasing everyone, so as such I really do hope things keep working out for them.

BTA

It's a shame this comes out the same day as Steins;Gate. I've been wanting to play a romance-themed game lately and Hatoful didn't scratch that itch enough; guess I'll pick this up as soon as it's in a PSN sale.

jzbluz

Going to buy it for Vita because it's my preferred platform, but mobile is pretty nice and I would have gone with that if I didn't have a Vita.

Also, back in Japan, Norn9 is getting a mobile port so I wonder if Gloczus will also released that game as well. They did release Hakuoki, and I heard that they used Aksys' translation.

It's a shame this comes out the same day as Steins;Gate. I've been wanting to play a romance-themed game lately and Hatoful didn't scratch that itch enough; guess I'll pick this up as soon as it's in a PSN sale.

We're also getting Norn9 and Code:Realize in the fall if you want to wait for more choices.

BTA

Going to buy it for Vita because it's my preferred platform, but mobile is pretty nice and I would have gone with that if I didn't have a Vita.

Also, back in Japan, Norn9 is getting a mobile port so I wonder if Gloczus will also released that game as well. They did release Hakuoki, and I heard that they used Aksys' translation.

We're also getting Norn9 and Code:Realize in the fall if you want to wait for more choices.

I'm aware, hah. I'm pretty interested in Code: Realize so I'll most likely be getting that when it comes out (even though it, unfortunately, also doesn't come out at a great time with regards to other stuff I'll be picking up).

So, Amnesia: Memories prices:
Steam: $15 for the first week
Regular Price: $30
PSN: $30

I'm aware, hah. I'm pretty interested in Code: Realize so I'll most likely be getting that when it comes out (even though it, unfortunately, also doesn't come out at a great time with regards to other stuff I'll be picking up).
I was already very interested in Code: Realize, but someone who reviewed the Japanese version compared it to Full Metal Alchemist. October can't come soon enough. :D

6WU9Cau.jpg

Shizuka

I understand the first week discount for the Neptunia games when they're released months after the Vita version, but since Amnesia is getting a simultaneous release, it sucks that they give a huge discount for PC owners and Vita owners get the short end of the stick.

BTA

I was already very interested in Code: Realize, but someone who reviewed the Japanese version compared it to Full Metal Alchemist. October can't come soon enough. :D

6WU9Cau.jpg

I'm happy you got something out of reviews, because I went looking for one on a whim as a result of this thread reminding me it was coming out and all I found was an unmarked spoiler that I'm hoping isn't as massively big/lategame as it seems. ;_;

Honestly, most otome game reviews I've seen tend to be filled with spoilers (though at least they tend to give warnings, unlike this one). I'm guessing it's a result of these games not usually getting released in English in the past, so them basically functioning as a summary as well was to be expected since the reader wouldn't be playing it themselves, but now that more and more are coming out here it's a bit of a minefield.

I understand the first week discount for the Neptunia games when they're released months after the Vita version, but since Amnesia is getting a simultaneous release, it sucks that they give a huge discount for PC owners and Vita owners get the short end of the stick.
That's exactly what I was thinking! What's up with that?

I'm happy you got something out of reviews, because I went looking for one on a whim as a result of this thread reminding me it was coming out and all I found was an unmarked spoiler that I'm hoping isn't as massively big/lategame as it seems. ;_;

Honestly, most otome game reviews I've seen to be filled with spoilers (though at least they tend to give warnings, unlike this one). I'm guessing it's a result of these games not usually getting released in English in the past, so them basically functioning as a summary as well was to be expected since the reader wouldn't be playing it themselves, but now that more and more are coming out here it's a bit of a minefield.
Yeah, I used to go around reading import reviews all the time, but I stopped because otome games are starting to come out here. It's pretty much spoiler city out there.

Tohsaka

I want the Vita version for the trophies, so I'll probably just wait for a sale since I already watched the anime and most likely will still be playing DT2 or Pirate Warriors 3 when this comes out.

Shizuka

I want the Vita version for the trophies, so I'll probably just wait for a sale since I already watched the anime and most likely will still be playing DT2 or Pirate Warriors 3 when this comes out.

How is the anime? Did you like it?

Tohsaka

How is the anime? Did you like it?

I liked it, the guys are all pretty different and the protagonist was cute. I'm sure the VN is better, since the anime didn't really get to fit all of the backstories in due to it only being only 12 episodes.

jzbluz

Yeah, it sucks that Vita users don't get a first week discount, but I gotta support my platform of choice and show day 1 support for otome games. Besides, who knows when I would get around to playing the pc version if I bought that one.

Heh. I've gone from complimenting IFI to criticizing them in two posts.

That is weird. I understand it completely with the late ports, but same-day releases? Odd move which I'm not a fan of.

Yeah I don't think that's fair at all.
I am assuming that the Vita has licencing costs, whereas Steam has none.

Probably not $15 per copy though

I am assuming that the Vita has licencing costs, whereas Steam has none.

It's $30 on both platforms, Steam is just getting getting a one week launch sale. It actually makes sense, they want to try to push otome games in the larger Steam market while whatever small audience there is on the Vita will buy it without an immediate sale. There will almost certainly be PSN discounts later.

Shizuka

It's $30 on both platforms, Steam is just getting getting a one week launch sale. It actually makes sense, they want to try to push otome games in the larger Steam market while whatever small audience there is on the Vita will buy it without an immediate sale. There will almost certainly be PSN discounts later.

Not really as pushing an otome game, more as keeping up a tradition on the platform, it's not exclusive to Amnesia. Still, with a simultaneous release, not offering the discount for the Vita owners is not a nice move and I wonder if there was a way to let them know about this.

Not really as pushing an otome game, more as keeping up a tradition on the platform, it's not exclusive to Amnesia. Still, with a simultaneous release, not offering the discount for the Vita owners is not a nice move and I wonder if there was a way to let them know about this.
Well, I already aired my grievances on their forums and others did so too.

Top Bottom