• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The odor 1886 $19.99 bomba

People on the fence should buy it. It is really good. Gunplay and shootouts are very good. If you like Trophy hunting you will get ~10 hours out of the game.

I feel like people should make this clearer in conversation. My work schedule makes time more important than any dollar cost, basically in every game I put time into. If your work schedule is creeping up on 60 hours a week, you need to be more discerning.

That's one of the reasons I really enjoyed this and got incredibly bored by Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Shadow of Mordor. I'd rather something focussed and to the point, rather than meandering and packed with filler.

That said, Fallout 3 and RDR got the balance right, maybe the world just has to feel enjoyable to explore, but I've yet to encounter one of those experiences yet in this gen, hopefully Fallout 4 will deliver.

todahawk

BzX37U1.png

You mean "The OrdEr"

Gestault

That's one of the reasons I really enjoyed this and got incredibly bored by Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Shadow of Mordor. I'd rather something focussed and to the point, rather than meandering and packed with filler.

That said, Fallout 3 and RDR got the balance right, maybe the world just has to feel enjoyable to explore, but I've yet to encounter one of those experiences yet in this gen, hopefully Fallout 4 will deliver.

Some games out there really drag on with content that's hardly compelling.

Ill take a copy for free if someone wants to pass off a turd. Just got a ps4. Don't know if I would even pay 20 bucks for it. :)

LowSignal

I didn't love the game but no doubt it's worth $20 to experience, I would imagine you could sell it or trade it afterwards and come out even. IMO it's silly to say it's not worth $20.

Shitting on games is so funny olol.

The Order is not a great game, but it is not a bad game either. By any means. Worth it to experience the visual spectacle alone.

Endo Punk

Oh wow I could not disagree anymore. Tlou and uc were visual powerhouses. The problem with the order is the lack of understanding of what makes these cinematic games fun. I could delve deeper into explaining where they missed the boat, which believe me they missed by ALOT. It was a completely misguided game that had it's priorities all mixed up. Worst game I've played so far this gen.

Hmm just goes to show how insane the hype surrounding this game was. Even got me believing that they will be this gens ND. Looking at UC4 it makes the statement even more ridiculous.

RAD were ill prepared for large scale console development but I'm even more surprised Sony backed them despite their lack of experience.

russtc3

Neo Member
For $16 and 5% back... Sure why not.

Heads up for anyone interested who prefer Amazon: They price-matched to $19.99.

antitrop

The gameplay is so basic that you can blindfire from cover your way through almost every single firefight in the game, on the hardest difficulty. Blindfire accuracy on standard guns is hilariously generous, some weapons just auto-aim for you (Arc Gun), and others don't even require precise aiming at all (Thermite Rifle). Even if you start to get slightly overwhelmed, they just give you an automatic win button in the form of Blacksight.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes it's short, but the game is really fun tbh. Has a good story, pleased I rented it though.

Easy platinum too, which is nice.

Daingurse

Paid $60 for this, I would say it's worth 19.99 for people on the fence. Honestly enjoyed my time with the game and was highly impressed by it visually.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh come on. Some people act like this is the worst game ever. $20 is a steal just for the graphics and photo mode this game has.

Opinions? I personally can't justify buying a game just to look at. The gameplay is horribly paced and completely dull. The gunplay is actually good, but the design of the firefights is horrendous. The story is as by the numbers as it comes, and the characters are lifeless and boring. Its a bad game. If you enjoyed it I will not fault you or anybody else, so I simply can't understand why people are faulted for not liking the game. This seems to be the case with any Sony exclusive lately.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I would agree but it will NEVER happen. The low sales and the hate it got makes that a non starter.

Killzone met with a lot of criticism when it released on the PS2 and it had the hype of being Sony's Halo killer which it never lived up to. They still greenlit the sequels for the PS3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Killzone met with a lot of criticism when it released on the PS2 and it had the hype of being Sony's Halo killer which it never lived up to. They still greenlit the sequels for the PS3.

Well for one Sony had just massively invested in guerilla games.

adixon

I remember people trying to convince themselves, and even worse, others, that the Order is a good game. Disgusting.

To be clear, you're saying that people discussing the quality of a game on neogaf is "disgusting" to you?

I haven't played the order and I'm not quite interested in it even at this price, but this comment made me snort audibly, eye roll, and now I'm moving on.

No excuse to not buying at this price. The game is good not great. The guns and gunplay are really satisfying and highlight of the game apart from the graphics. Wish they had more of that. Play the game on hard if you want a good challenge.

Still wishing Order 1887 comes :(

Grit

Neo Member
Seriously, what happened? I missed the Order completely. Last thing I heard about it was that they were planning on having black bars ingame, and people were defending it using the 'cinematic' buzzword.

I see a lot of comments along these lines here, but buying a game 'for the graphics' seems.. weird to me. if you want to look at pretty images in a passive manner just watch a blu ray? ymmv.

Top Bottom