Originally Posted by Analogue
Analogue Nt: HDMI
There has been just as much dedication into developing the HDMI upscaler side of the Analogue Nt as the rest of the system. We knew we had to develop something that blows away what is currently available on the market: poorly designed, laggy analog to digital video converters.
We’re fortunate to have some incredibly talented people on our team.
From our lead video hardware engineer Kevin Horton “There is no analog to digital converter. The HDMI adapter upscales digitally — directly from the digital signals on the PPU and CPU. This means no lag and zero signal degradation since it’s handled digitally. Not to mention digital audio: 48KHz, 16bit. Unlike a traditional scaler, upscaling works without a frame buffer. The HDMI adapter directly up converts the NES’ video as it is being generated. This results in absolutely no lag.”
Upgrading your Analogue Nt with HDMI is the highest quality way to play NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System games in HD. The HDMI upgrade not only offers reference quality video, but an unparalleled degree of control over the way your games are formatted on your TV, monitor or projector.
**Your Analogue Nt can be upgraded with an internally installed daughterboard that provides unparalleled digital features. If you’re Analogue Nt does not already have an HDMI upgrade, you can upgrade at any time by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HDMI at a Glance
HDMI Upgrade Video Features
• Zero lag, zero signal degradation - 148.5 million pixels/second, direct conversion of video, no frame buffer
• 480p, 720p, and 1080p in NTSC/60Hz
• 576p, 720p, and 1080p in PAL/50Hz
• other features: scanlines, scalers, palettes, cropping, horiztonal position, horizontal stretch, overclocking & more
HDMI Upgrade Audio Features
• 48KHz 16 bit stereo audio
• full panning and volume support for all audio channels
• full audio chip support (VRC6, VRC7, MMC5, sunsoft 5, FDS, N106)
• overclocking without audio pitch shifting