• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you played with your Parents?

My mom was super good at Dr. Mario on NES. She could win easily on the hardest level where it starts with 85% of the screen full

Did we have the same mother? My mom was obsessed with Dr Mario and would also start on the highest difficulty. My dad also enjoyed that circus game on nes. More recently, they enjoyed buzz and Rockband on ps3.

Daknight

I will always remember the adventure of lolo as the bonding game between my mom and me. She was good with the controls, but could figure out the puzzles fast. I would be the one inputing what she told me and we pass all the stages that way.

Same thing with lolo 2 :p years later I got her the three games, she couldnt play them with the nes control. I try an emulator instead to test other controls...she ace all three games in a week with a keyboard!! O_O

KawaiiRaptor

Neo Member
The original Super Mario Bros. That game came out way before my time, but it was a nice point where me and my father could meet in the cultural middle. That man can speed run that game in twenty minutes. Not bad for a florist who grew up on a farm.

Lichter

With my mom: Rayman 1, Super Mario Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country

Dad: Gran Turismo 2, Forza Horizon 2 (I'm not joking)

KimChi

Me and my dad always played games together by taking turns. Usually would switch every 30min or so.
We played Ape escape, God of War 1-3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, God Hand, Onimusha 1+4, Dark Cloud 1, and resident evil 4. The regenerating zombie or w/e in the lab I think? scared the hell out of us lmao. There are definitely more games we played together but I don't remember all of them.

Permanently A

Dad hates video games.

Mom likes to watch the story based ones. I played Yakuza 4 and Uncharted 2 with her. I would like to play something Telltale related although I think it would be too gory for her tastes.

Pele's Soccer
Bust a Move
Kirby's Avalanche

Probably other Tetrisy types of games too. Heck, my mother was a fiend on Tetris on the OG Gameboy.

Now, it's essentially just Words with Friends but I'll still get them to play the odd board game (King of New York and Batman Love Letter recently).

I do play loads of games with my almost 7 year old. I imagine he'll have a great answer to this in 20 years or so.

Saro

My mom and aunt got me into video games with Tetris, Mario Bros 1,2, and 3. My mom also played and watched Mario kart, Mario 64 Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Wii Sports.

I kinda want her to watch me play the Uncharted series.

Top Bottom