• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT| 28 Episodes Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

maxresdefault.jpg

get hype

best ep.

Busaiku

unless there is a contract with someone like toonami where they can't stream it because it needs to air on tv first there is no way funimation is behind the lack of simulcast announcement, it's all on toei.

funimation makes to much of their money off dragonball, they would be screaming it from every rooftop if they had a choice.
Fansubs in 2015...
I hate this company.

I-hate-u

I know most hate it (like most hate GT, in general), but I legit loved what little of Piccolo was in GT. That sage like personality, guy who has just outright ascended to the point of not giving a fuck. 'Earth is exploding? Fuck it, I'll die with it, fuck it. I'm in heaven, but my friend who needs me is in hell? Fuck it, I'll just go to hell, fuck it. I can't get out of hell and am stuck here? Fuck it, I'll just stay here and beat up bad guys for eternity, fuck it.'

True Buddha.

GT sucked for the majority of its episodes, but the ending of the show was touching, especially the Piccolo and the Roshi/Kuririn farewell moments.

Edit: Dat Hitori Janai orchestral ;((

zulux21

Fansubs in 2015...
I hate this company.

it's highly unlikely you will need to resort to fansubs.
there will likely be an announcement either this Thursday or this Saturday related to db super and funimation streams.

funimation's whole anime expo experience is basically dragon ball related this year.

Shauni

Money's on Gine or Pan, but they'll be pushed aside 10 episodes after their debut.

Who is Gine? Is that one of the many names for Bra (Bulma and Vegeta's daughter)? Because I always thought it was a missed opportunity in GT for her to go super saiyan when Baby-possessed Gohan destroyed her car filled with all her clothes from a shopping spree

Toad.T

Banned
Who is Gine? Is that one of the many names for Bra (Bulma and Vegeta's daughter)? Because I always thought it was a missed opportunity in GT for her to go super saiyan when Baby-possessed Gohan destroyed her car filled with all her clothes from a shopping spree

I think it's the name for Goku's mom? I'm not entirely sure. Basically, we'll have flashback bullshit before a female super Saiyan.

Gine is Goku's mother. Before you get too excited, it's been stated that she was not cut out for fighting and is also dead. So don't expect Gene to become a Super Saiyan anytime soon.

Calcaneus

I actually love the Super Saiyan God design, the other one not so much, but I should probably watch the movie first before I decide.

I'm excited for the show but I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't meet our expectations.

zulux21

Ah, I thought it was cannon. Lol. Well that's good news. My one hope for the new series is Vegeta be undeniably better than Goku for a period of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a period like that given we got that during the android saga (while having a heart attack vegeta was undeniably better than goku) and the cell saga (for the 18 hours between when vegeta and trunks left the chamber until goku and gohan did vegata was undeniably better than goku)

personally instead of merely vegata > goku I would prefer to see vegata take more of the role of zoro from one piece. powerful in his own right, and facing off against goku would be a great fight, but goes off on his own adventures and does a lot of the darker things goku wouldn't be able to handle such as killing threats.

though to be fair I am hoping that they are inspired by one piece in general and decide to make the battles more squad based rather than just the big bad. It would be great if all of the characters had their own time to shine in each arc.

EGOMON

Its finally happening! The return of my favorite anime of all time *sniff*

In it for the "Goku's voice by an old woman!???" tears.

Never get tired of that.
My man
Goku Voice is so iconic and unique you could recognize it over a thousand voice all playing together

Wasn't that his design at the end of Z, too?

shit i think you're right. guess I have to accept gohan has been a scrub for a long time.

also, since the show is turning the movies into arcs, should I watch battle of gods? i haven't seen it yet.

Shauni

Hm, that actually does make it sound like the beginning of the show will be a retelling of BOG and RoF, at least to some degree.

Jigorath

Banned
PLEASE TELL ME THEY RETCON PUSSY GOHAN AND GOHAN TURNS SUPER SAIYAN GOD AND KILLS EVERYHING

:(

Gohan is a barely a main character anymore. Just look at the poster, he's shoved all the way in the background. Even Goten and Trunks are more important characters now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
New Message from Toriyama,

A story in the universe next door? Gigantic "Super Dragon Balls"? The past two movies made into "arcs"?!?!
-Translated by Julian Grybowski

tumblr_nqsjksH4ia1rogah4o1_540.png

Get HYPE!
So BoG and RoF are what DBS is, but longer this time.

...alright.

super dragon balls? lol of course

man the shadow dragons were such a good concept, there should be a consequence for abusing the balls too much, stupid GT ruining such a good idea.

zulux21

Well I'm sure it'll be more like the beginning of Super. I kind of doubt the entire show will just be a longer retelling of the newest films.

that's kind of my thoughts.

the movies were each what 100 minutes or so thus like 5 episodes?
I imagine this time around they will be extended to 10 episodes each or so (giving side characters more time to do stuff, I haven't seen the second movie but battle of the gods could definitely use more time on setting up
super saiyan god
), with a couple intro episodes and maybe one closing episode to make up two seasons (26 episodes) of anime.

from there we will get totally new stuff.

Inukage

How does the Revival of Freeza movie fit into this chronologically?

Death of Kid Buu
6 months
Dragon Ball Super
3.5 years
Dragon Ball Z: BOG
1 year
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
5 years
28th World Martial Arts Tournament (End of Z)

Dysun

Death of Kid Buu
6 months
Dragon Ball Super
2.5 years
Dragon Ball Z: BOG
1 year
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
5 years
28th World Martial Arts Tournament (End of Z)
So its safe to watch without prior knowledge of Battle of the Gods/Revival of Freeza? Somehow I never got around to it with the lukewarm reception of the former

Inukage

So its safe to watch without prior knowledge of Battle of the Gods/Revival of Freeza? Somehow I never got around to it with the lukewarm reception of the former

Apparently both movies will be made into arc in Dragon Ball Super :)

zulux21

it's at least safe to start super without seeing the movies.
we still aren't 100% clear if super will redo the movies in tv anime episode chunks (likely with new content) or if it will just do a quick arc summery of them expecting you to have already watched the movies. (think fma brotherhood version of the first 10 eps or so that cover the first half of the original series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom