• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT| 28 Episodes Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piccolo tried his best to turn Gohan into a man. Gohan never world have bagged Videl without that early influence from his real dad. Staying with Goku and Chi Chi would left Gohan a bigger loser than Yamcha.

TrueBlue

Neither Goku or Piccolo were particularly good father figures if we're going to go down that road again. Goku risked Gohan's life against Cell while Piccolo forced him down a path that he did not want to follow to prep for the Saiyans. It always amused me seeing Piccolo yell at Goku during the Cell saga for this reason.

Both had their hearts in the right place and obviously cared for Gohan, but still.

Welfare

Goku didn't realize that Gohan did not love to fight, making that Senzu Bean even stupider than what it should've been.

Besides that, what did Goku do wrong in so many people's eyes? Piccolo forced him to train for the Saiyans, Gohan willingly went to Namek, and oh, Goku trained Gohan for 3 years for the Androids after being told by Trunks that everyone was unprepared. So bad.

fSN2c65l.jpg

apYBlM4l.png

2qDq5kKl.jpg

suEFHtQl.png

nRvWm2Wl.png

dT9frlzl.jpg

MbwYLvjl.png

4UaxQNq.jpg

QVMvaMOl.jpg

hSl4Inrl.jpg

MiUNg5sl.jpg

Such an awful father.

Rented Battle of Gods last night.

I had low expectations because I haven't been enjoying Super, but wow, I actually thought that was pretty good.

Aside from too much CG, The animation was great.
The English voice cast really is quite a bit better than the Japanese.
Love King Kai.

Super Saiyan God wasn't as dumb as I thought it'd be and I'm warming up to it. Pilaf and gang were funny, but again, I think the English cast really pulls a lot of humor out of otherwise weak characters and script.

Looking forward to Ressurrection of F.

Piccolo tried his best to turn Gohan into a man. Gohan never world have bagged Videl without that early influence from his real dad. Staying with Goku and Chi Chi would left Gohan a bigger loser than Yamcha.
Yeah Piccolo was a great dad by kidnapping a five-year-old than throwing him into the wilderness with no training and beating the crap out of him constantly.

Which is worse than anything Goku ever did but this really is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah Piccolo was a great dad by kidnapping a five-year-old than throwing him into the wilderness with no training and beating the crap out of him constantly.

Which is worse than anything Goku ever did but this really is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.
Look at all that manly tough love, you are so right, what a great dad Piccolo was.

Branson

I had low expectations because I haven't been enjoying Super, but wow, I actually thought that was pretty good.

Love King Kai.

Super Saiyan God wasn't as dumb as I thought it'd be and I'm warming up to it. Pilaf and gang were funny, but again, I think the English cast really pulls a lot of humor out of otherwise weak characters and script.

Id say they are finally experienced enough to give it the treatment it deserves now. English voice acting is actually tolerable and accurate in the series since Funi are a totally different company than they were back in the old dub.

Azio

Yeah there's nothing like murdering your Ex Rival stealing his kid and beating said child and then having the father blamed for not being there.

Sounds like Piccolo got his revenge after all.
And he made him a steong fighter...stronger than his father when he was a kid.

Cromat

Love King Kai.

I saw it a couple of days ago and was also pleasantly surprised. It was pretty amusing and Beerus was actually a cool character.

Toxi

Banned
I'm pretty sure most of the "Goku is a terrible father" jokes come from the end of the Cell saga when he said he wasn't coming back because he attracted evil.

Because let's be honest, that was a fucking terrible decision that turned out to have no basis in reality.

I'm pretty sure most of the "Goku is a terrible father" jokes come from the end of the Cell saga when he said he wasn't coming back because he attracted evil.

Because let's be honest, that was a fucking terrible decision that turned out to have no basis in reality.

not only that but his sudden take offs without a care, like at the end of Z and GT. theres more evidence to support goku is a neglectful father but not exactly a terrible one.

Its pretty bad when the planet killing, bug eating, kills anyone without a care saiyan is more of a father now then the saiyan that was raised on earth.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

He comes back to life and inmediately Buu comes back and 6 months later Beerus comes to Earth. I'd say Goku was better staying dead.

No basis in reality? Beerus and revived Frieza both came to Earth because of Goku...

Gohan's role in this show kills me on the inside.

The man who beat Cell with one arm is currently Krillin status.

Before Goku trains Gohan to fight Cell, he promises Chichi that after this fight, Gohan can focus 100% on studies. That's what makes Cell Games so special; it's the end of Gohan's story as a fighter and he goes out with a hell of a bang.

Like I said before, I've been watching since the early Toonami days and the "purist wars," DBZOA, ect and aside from the validity of wanting proper uncut episodes as an option back then, I always thought it was really uncalled for how the English voice cast got constantly beat up on by the die hards out there. Both the Japanese and English casts bring their respective strengths and flavors.

Man, Piccolo's "angry, betrayed end-of-an-era bro-face" in this pic:

hSl4Inrl.jpg

Look at all that manly tough love, you are so right, what a great dad Piccolo was.

Glad we agree.

lol

Why does Gohan even wear glasses? You'd think he would have great vision considering his training. Heck he even takes them off while fighting...

Sec0nd

Dragon Ball Super strangely got me super hyped for Dragon Ball. Something I haven't been since high school lol. I'm seriously reconsidering rewatching DB. What's the best way of experiencing the Dragon Ball cannon. Where do I start, do I watch movies and if so when do I watch which movie, what should (not) skip, etc.

Real Hero

Dragon Ball Super strangely got me super hyped for Dragon Ball. Something I haven't been since high school lol. I'm seriously reconsidering rewatching DB. What's the best way of experiencing the Dragon Ball cannon. Where do I start, do I watch movies and if so when do I watch which movie, what should (not) skip, etc.

I'd say watch Dragon Ball, then watch the movie Dead Zone (and forget Krillin see's Gohan), then watch Dragon Ball Z. The other movies I have no idea when exactly to watch they aren't canon though

Yeah, because only a good father leaves the fate of the earth in a mortal battle to his child

Yeah that was a shitty thing on Goku's part. Doesn't negate all the good happy moments he shared with Gohan though.

Whereas Piccolo also left the fate of the Earth in a mortal battle to Gohan, but unlike Goku he never shared happy moments with Gohan apart from attending his wedding (where he proceeded to ruin the wedding photo).

angelic

Banned

Love King Kai.

its my fave dbz movie, totally rewatchable, introduces so much good stuff. beerus and whis are just perfect new characters, and the ending opens up the universe so well. watched it about 10 times in full and the main fight something like 30

Verelios

Yeah that was a shitty thing on Goku's part. Doesn't negate all the good happy moments he shared with Gohan though.

Whereas Piccolo also left the fate of the Earth in a mortal battle to Gohan, but unlike Goku he never shared happy moments with Gohan apart from attending his wedding (where he proceeded to ruin the wedding photo).
Oh, I'm sorry, was that Goku who took a full powered ki beam to the back in order to save Gohan? Man, dying for your son must be tough.

At least in the buu saga he helped Gohan before he was eaten. Wait...no? Damn, that's cray.

People coming for Demon King Piccolo best shoot straight. GOATFATHER.

Zolo

Talking of weddings, I wonder who was 'Best Man' at Krillin's wedding.....since Goku was still in the afterlife at the time.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Talking of weddings, I wonder who was 'Best Man' at Krillin's wedding.....since Goku was still in the afterlife at the time.

Roshi, of course.

Today's episode was kinda entertaining, but nothing really happened.

Snaku

Banned
With episode 4 it really feels like they're trying to drag this thing out as much as possible. Nothing of any real significance happens. I get the feeling that they don't want to catch up to the Resurrection F arc before the movie version is released on Blu-ray/DVD in October.

With episode 4 it really feels like they're trying to drag this thing out as much as possible. Nothing of any real significance happens. I get the feeling that they don't want to catch up to the Resurrection F arc before the movie version is released on Blu-ray/DVD in October.

I'm kinda peeved they release these new awesome movies, then they redo the whole thing in shittier quality and stretch it out so long.

Having watched Battle of Gods last night, I'm bothered they think the movie isn't good enough.. Why not just set it after the two movies?

Bah.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yeah, because only a good father leaves the fate of the earth in a mortal battle to his child

Eh...it was a completely idiotic thing to do from a practical perspective, but the fact that Goku had total confidence in his son's abilities? I'd say that's pretty good dad cred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom