Previewed
The Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Star Wars: Battlefront
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Street Fighter V
Just Cause 3
Yooka-Laylee

#283 on sale July 30, teaser is Windows.
subscription info
Last edited by Visualante2; 07-01-2015 at 11:49 AM.
NEO0MJ
(07-01-2015, 10:46 AM)
Ouch at that Yoshi review.
Moobabe
Sassy with Monet
Splash Damage Content Marketing Manager
(07-01-2015, 10:49 AM)
About in line with my thoughts on NNG - hope they pull it back together for the Tomorrow Children
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 10:50 AM)

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I thought it was in line with most of the reviews the game was receiving.
marc^o^
Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
(07-01-2015, 10:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Visualante2

Splatoon [9]

Not surprised, it looks like Edge got extra time to see how the game keeps evolving.
glaurung
(07-01-2015, 10:51 AM)
A six for Yoshi sounds plausible. Don't see a problem with that.
NEO0MJ
(07-01-2015, 11:09 AM)

I thought it was in line with most of the reviews the game was receiving.

Didn't check that thread is some time. Looks like more low scores followed, but the meta is still almost 8.
Rehynn
(07-01-2015, 11:12 AM)
Damn fucking right Splatoon is a [9].
jonno394
(07-01-2015, 11:14 AM)

Remember, a 6 from Edge isn't the same as a 6 from most other reviews
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 11:14 AM)
My scanner doesn't appear to like glossy covers. The text is actually a bright orange. Not sure if my scanner just sucks or if it's the coating.
Indrid Cold
(07-01-2015, 11:18 AM)
Any new dark souls 3 info?
mclem
(07-01-2015, 11:23 AM)
What's the Splatoon post script? Is that just a footnote with "And since then, they added such and such, but splatfests didn't quite go according to plan at first"? Or is there more to it than that?
Neff
(07-01-2015, 11:25 AM)

Normally I wouldn't read too much into an Edge review, but they were one of the earliest champions of Yoshi's Island, even when its announcement was flat-out ignored in the press and most magazines including themselves were in a rush to downplay 2D games at the behest of 3D. And Woolly World is almost as good as YI, even if it lacks its novelty.

Fair enough, it was 20 years ago, but still.
Kagoshima_Luke
(07-01-2015, 11:25 AM)
A nine for Splatoon is criminal.

Should be [10]
Forkball
(07-01-2015, 11:31 AM)
Yoshi destroyed.

I'm looking forward to see how Dark Souls III plays out. There were a lot of great additions to DSII, but I still feel there is room for improvement, and I want to see how the series can expand on current gen hardware.
Cyborg
Banned
(07-01-2015, 11:32 AM)
I love the armor and the atmosphere in the game! Cant wait till we see gameplay
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 11:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Neff

Normally I wouldn't read too much into an Edge review, but they were one of the earliest champions of Yoshi's Island, even when its announcement was flat-out ignored in the press and most magazines including themselves were in a rush to downplay 2D games at the behest of 3D. And Woolly World is almost as good as YI, even if it lacks its novelty.

Fair enough, it was 20 years ago, but still.

Marvel
could never
(07-01-2015, 11:45 AM)
Great cover.
Lyonaz
(07-01-2015, 11:48 AM)
Splatoon with the well deserved 9.
KooopaKid
Nintendo hasn't released enough games with camera control since the other side of the GameCube
(07-01-2015, 11:49 AM)
Splatoon [9] + post script.

Called months ago Splatoon would get a 9 or 10 from EDGE.

Originally Posted by KooopaKid

I still predict a 9 or 10 from Edge.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1641

Multiplayer shooting reinvented indeed!
Last edited by KooopaKid; 07-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.
weekev
(07-01-2015, 11:50 AM)
Dont read too much into the 6 for Yoshi. The game is solid, super cute and some really good typical Nintendo level design. Basically if you like 2d Nintendo platformers you'll love it.

If you dont love them this is not the game that will convert you.

Splatoon 9, well deserved, phenomenal game.
KooopaKid
Nintendo hasn't released enough games with camera control since the other side of the GameCube
(07-01-2015, 11:55 AM)
I predicted 1 million sales was a given too. I'm always right ;)
Neff
(07-01-2015, 12:00 PM)

Eh, all those other games weren't great, it must be said. Woolly World is a huge return to form.
Porcile
(07-01-2015, 12:02 PM)
I only predicted an 8 for Splatoon, a 9 is mighty impressive.
Triggerhappytel
(07-01-2015, 12:02 PM)
"Dark Souls III - the story behind Miyazaki's magnificent return"

Why does that make it sound like he's been gone somewhere?

Don't forget though that Edge use the full review scale, so a 6 from them is equivalent to at least a 7 from most other publications.
Last edited by Triggerhappytel; 07-01-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Safeto20Scroll
(07-01-2015, 12:17 PM)
Mmm.. I feel a sudden strike of deja vu...
Blade30
(07-01-2015, 12:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Eh... Dark Souls 2/Bloodborne? He didn't make DS2.
JudgmentJay
(07-01-2015, 12:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

"Return to directing the Souls series" is what it means I'm sure.
Magic Mushroom
(07-01-2015, 12:23 PM)
Need it for that DSIII goodness and the MGS Time Extend.
eXistor
(07-01-2015, 12:27 PM)
The fuck? Yoshi is not a 6 game imo, Kirby? Sure, but not Yoshi. The level-design never ceases to delight, it constantly introduces new elements. It may be a bit derivative in most areas, but it's a damn soluid platforming game. It's easily the best Yoshi game since the original Yoshi's Island.
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 12:35 PM)
Miyazaki was unhappy with the E3 leaks of Dark Souls III and it has made him less talkative. Project has not been his from the start, Dark Souls III began two years ago while he was working on Bloodborne. Miyazaki emphasises there is no strict team structure at From. He says it feels like a new team as people move about and are hired. Okano is handling day to day production while Miyazaki is handling world design and mechanics. He is working with Tanimura on level design. Miyazaki says "the world design is similar to Dark Souls or Bloodborne."

Miyazaki says having viewed fantasy from a different perspective in Bloodborne has given him a new appreciation for the setting and it may be what makes Dark Souls III unique.

Player feels agile, especially the back step. New attack mode called Ready Stance allows you to do new attacks, like a dual wielded spin that has a wind up animation. The demo could be from any part of the game but enemies approach alone or in small groups, from unexpected angles instead of large mobs.

Guy strikes me as incredibly modest and Nathan notes that he sometimes seems puzzled by his success. "I think players demand simple, interesting and worthy games. If the games I've directed or designed have met those demands, I've been very lucky... I want to make as many games as I can while my luck's in"

Originally Posted by JudgmentJay

That is absolutely clear through out the article. He says something along the lines of wanting to make a sequel that reinforces or changes the things fans like, but never remove them.
Last edited by Visualante2; 07-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Triggerhappytel
(07-01-2015, 12:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Blade30

Eh... Dark Souls 2/Bloodborne? He didn't make DS2.

Originally Posted by JudgmentJay

Uh, I guess. It's just that he's basically just directed a Souls game, just after having made two Souls games, and now he's going back to make a new Souls game. Just seems like a weird comparison to make.
Ce-Lin
(07-01-2015, 12:45 PM)
wow the hype train ! I'm getting incredibly excited for Dark Souls III, I'm replaying Demon's Souls for the 7th time since yesterday.
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 12:46 PM)
Because the subtle differences to outsiders are quite substantial to many fans. Plus "Souls director makes another Souls game" doesn't really strike me as a headline that will sell magazines.
takriel
(07-01-2015, 12:47 PM)

Miyazaki was unhappy with the E3 leaks of Dark Souls III and it has made him less talkative. Project has not been his from the start, Dark Souls III began two years ago while he was working on Bloodborne. Miyazaki emphasises there is no strict team structure at From. He says it feels like a new team as people move about and are hired. Okano is handling day to day production while Miyazaki is handling world design and mechanics. He is working with Tanimura on level design. Miyazaki says "the world design is similar to Dark Souls or Bloodborne."

Miyazaki says having viewed fantasy from a different perspective in Bloodborne has given him a new appreciation for the setting and it may be what makes Dark Souls III unique.

Player feels agile, especially the back step. New attack mode called Ready Stance allows you to do new attacks, like a dual wielded spin that has a wind up animation. The demo could be from any part of the game but enemies approach alone or in small groups, from unexpected angles instead of large mobs.

Guy strikes me as incredibly modest and Nathan notes that he sometimes seems puzzled by his success. "I think players demand simple, interesting and worthy games. If the games I've directed or designed have met those demands, I've been very lucky... I want to make as many games as I can while my luck's in"

That is absolutely clear through out the article. He says something along the lines of wanting to make a sequel that reinforces or changes the things fans like, but never remove them.

Wow thanks! It's actually out yet?
Visualante2
(07-01-2015, 12:48 PM)

Originally Posted by takriel

Wow thanks! It's actually out yet?

Print subscribers get it today, all good newsagents and digital outlets tomorrow.
takriel
(07-01-2015, 12:49 PM)

Print subscribers get it today, all good newsagents and digital outlets tomorrow.

And here I was thinking I had to wait another month for new Dark Souls 3 infos...

You've made my day good sir! :-)
Percy
Banned
(07-01-2015, 12:50 PM)
Edge seems to like their Destiny DLC.
iRAWRasaurus
(07-01-2015, 12:53 PM)

Thanks for the info :)
pulsemyne
(07-01-2015, 12:54 PM)
Well they got the yoshi score badly wrong. It's a fantastic game with superb level design.
Gbraga
(07-01-2015, 01:05 PM)

Thank you for the info!

I understand why he would be unhappy with the leaks, but honestly, they were very much necessary to make people excited. I know I wouldn't be nearly as excited as I am if all we had was the CGI trailer and people talking about a closed doors demo. That sun leaking screenshot made me more excited than anything else.
wild wild rice
(07-01-2015, 01:12 PM)
Miyazaki like the Lil B of the video game game. Won't be long before he's putting out 2, 3 a year.

9/10 for Splatoon seems about right, an instant classic with room for improvement. 9/10 for Yoshi's Island is...if Yoshi's Island isn't a 10 I don't know what is.
Last edited by wild wild rice; 07-01-2015 at 01:14 PM.
sploatee
formerly Oynox Slider
(07-01-2015, 01:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Percy

Edge seems to like their Destiny DLC.

Yeah. I'd like to read their review. They didn't really take to the last one.
BrokenIcarus
(07-01-2015, 01:17 PM)
I'm kind of concerned about Dark Souls 3, but I'll still be there Day 1.
DS2 was kinda meh in comparison, but it's still a game I'd love to play over and over again.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(07-01-2015, 04:05 PM)
What do they say about MGSV?
Messofanego
(07-01-2015, 04:26 PM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

Remember, a 6 from Edge isn't the same as a 6 from most other reviews

Then what does 6s from three other outlets mean? :P
reKon
(07-01-2015, 04:36 PM)
Even though a lot of people here don't care about Destiny, that 8 score is a definitely a very positive sign. Still won't want to pay $60 for that. I think I'm better off waiting for the Borderlands Handsome collection to drop to $30 and getting friends to buy that with me.