• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Dash 2 Sonic Boom Leaked

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not entirely surprising due to how well the first Sonic Dash did and the popularity of the TV show.

It'll probably do well. Is it what I want? No. However, Sonic still will be getting non-Boom games and non-mobile games, Boom will probably stick around for at least a while though, and Sonic has had mobile games for years.

linklarge_460.jpg

I just wonder what Sonic Team is up to.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I absolutely DETEST these mobile Sonic games (aside from Taxman's ports).

They chose to focus so heavily on free to play gimmicks at the expense of refinement. The player is blasted with pop-up after pop-up filled with different currencies, different objectives, and more.

The games themselves never run particularly well and certainly don't feel polished in any way. Tying it to Sonic Boom kind of makes sense in that regard, I suppose.

I attempted to play Sonic Runners the other day and was completely floored by just how much bullshit they throw in your face before you even get a chance to see the game in action. Once you're in there it doesn't even scroll smoothly and feels like a bottom of the barrel cash-in.

Never touching one of these pieces of shit again.

Ein Bear

You guys remember when Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations came out, and it looked like the series might finally be back on track again?

Good times.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You guys remember when Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations came out, and it looked like the series might finally be back on track again?

Good times.

Aw man :( truth. I thought the Sonic Cycle had ended....

Mr-Joker

Banned
Okay, still waiting for a core Sonic game from Sonic Team.

Please don't ruin his 25th anniversary.

Good times.

Yep, heck I remember the advance and rush series.

Zalman

You know, I thought Sonic Dash was a decent mobile game. I don't like how they're shoving the Boom brand to it, though.

Berordn

How does Generic Jungle Zone look this bad though.

It's uglier than the original Dash, and that's kind of hard to top.

SerTapTap

Remember when we thought Sonic Boom was just a quick cash in to end Nintendo's deal and the Real Sonic Game was coming in 2015? Also good times.

Zareka

This can't be real.

Why are SEGA so hell-bent on pushing the Boom franchise? It's Sonic's 25th this year. Where is my Sonic Generations successor?!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It did. Then the new cycle began: the Sega Has No Money Cycle.

SEGA has a thing -> fans gets excited for thing becoming real/localised -> SEGA has no money -> disappointed fans -> and repeat
On the bright side, few fans get excited lately ;P

MrBadger

Wow, they're really pushing this Boom stuff. This just looks like the original Sonic Dash but with the dull, lifeless environments of Rise of Lyric. It seems like they're really trying to phase out traditional Sonic, and that's tragic considering before Boom it looked like his games were making all the right moves.

It's basically been that since 1992! Sonic cartoon and Sonic X!

I barely had any interest in X, but wasn't that just based on the story lines of the Adventure games but with some kid? Boom is just an entirely new thing.

I could really go for another Sonic all star racing game right about now.

Those games already felt rather constricted by budget as it was. It'd be a fucking wireframe racer that shouted occasional Generations quotes if they made a new one

Oh boy! Free revival by watching a movie~ I'm in. Bet it's vods of Sonic boom they show at 3am because that's the only time I've seen it on.

Dash game is crap but this at least look better/more polished than Wii U's Boom.

Sonic Runners keep me bussy. I wish it has less ads though

Looking forward for Generations 2 next year!

Burbeting

Banned
Well Sonic Boom tv-series has been quite succesful, so I shouldn't be surprised about this, really.

At the same time, I can't stop but to think that there will be kids out there who might be big Sonic fans thanks to Boom tv-series, yet this game might be the only Sonic game they ever play. Quite sad really.

ryseing

Paging HUELEN10!

Damn it. Beat me to it.

Well Sonic Boom tv-series has been quite succesful, so I shouldn't be surprised about this, really.

At the same time, I can't stop but to think that there will be kids out there who might be big Sonic fans thanks to Boom tv-series, yet this game might be the only Sonic game they ever play. Quite sad really.

Isn't it on at like 7:30 AM?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sonic is now a cartoon show with video game spinoffs

Oh crap, you're right. :(

I barely had any interest in X, but wasn't that just based on the story lines of the Adventure games but with some kid? Boom is just an entirely new thing.

Sonic X had 3 story arc that where base on the games, the rest where original stories.

I can't believe there's people out there that actually still have hope for the Sonic franchise

Sonic Advance, Rush were good games, plus since Sonic Unleashed the series was showing signs of improvements.

Top Bottom