• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

That's just a painfully stupid reply to that post.

If you try to save face by that cheap deflection let me tell you that it didn't work and was very transparent.

I am a practical man, since the release of Xbox Live in 2002 the inflation of the US to 2010 was above 20%. The adjustment just fall under that range. I doubt there is a simpler explanation but whatever. If I am wrong then I am wrong but I doubt there is a simpler explanation.

Also source on inflation: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

Inflation Calculator
If in 2002
I purchased an item for $ 50.00
then in 2010
that same item would cost:$60.6
Cumulative rate of inflation:21.2%

hao chi

Lots of complaining in this thread even though an amazing game (Rocket League) is being offered free at launch. Anyone that hasn't played it and isn't happy about this month's lineup should give it a try, and I bet they'll feel very differently.

I'm also really looking forward to trying Rain, as well as having Geometry Wars 3 on my Vita (already have the PS4 version).

squadr0n

Any Metal Gear fans, or even AssCreed/Batman fans, Do yourselves a huge favor and give STYX a chance. If you can handle the slower pace at the beginning and you are looking for a true stealth experience in an awesome setting then this is the game for you. Could not believe how underrated this game is, especially after they fixed the ledge issue which was the main complaint of the game.

Cannot wait for a sequel. Blows AssCreed out of the water, especially lately, and its developed by ex Assassin's creed and Prince of Persia Devs so it has the roots.

mittelos

if you keep repeating the same statements multiple times in a thread, yes I would classify it as bitching.

If you express your opinion and move on with the thread discussion then it is a valid opinion.

Of course this is just my opinion ;)
I gotcha. I should have been more direct- I consider the word you're using to describe the behavior as mysogonistic.

No you can't have it both ways. PS+ has been amazing for your tastes. You should let people who enjoy other games make the same call.

That is my issue, and I said as much the highlights of PS+ on PS4 since the release of the PS4 has been indie games, a stand alone DLC and a paid demo. Under that idea I said that I don't see the value on PS+ if my favorite 8th/7th gen game was released does nothing on how I see the average on the service, damn I even said that since we got MGS GZ this month that I hoped that we would start to get games that aren't indie for a change.

Xenthar

Any Metal Gear fans, or even AssCreed/Batman fans, Do yourselves a huge favor and give STYX a chance. If you can handle the slower pace at the beginning and you are looking for a true stealth experience in an awesome setting then this is the game for you. Could not believe how underrated this game is, especially after they fixed the ledge issue which was the main complaint of the game.

Cannot wait for a sequel. Blows AssCreed out of the water, especially lately, and its developed by ex Assassin's creed and Prince of Persia Devs so it has the roots.

I was looking foward to play that game on a decent discount, but finally got it for free. Now you hyped me to play that game. My expectation are low but i'm really sure i will enjoy this game a lot!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am a practical man, since the release of Xbox Live in 2002 the inflation of the US to 2010 was above 20%. The adjustment just fall under that range. I doubt there is a simpler explanation but whatever. If I am wrong then I am wrong but I doubt there is a simpler explanation.

Also source on inflation: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

Inflation Calculator
If in 2002
I purchased an item for $ 50.00
then in 2010
that same item would cost:$60.6
Cumulative rate of inflation:21.2%

You are wrong because you think inflation is the reason when games did not inflate.

MSFT owns their own servers for crying out loud (Sony rents theirs), and they still went up to $60. Because. They. Could. It is that simple.

I like the sound of that. I will definitely give it a try.

hao chi

Looking back at line up, I'm still not too enthralled with it, but at least all of the games, apart from Rocket League, are something I would at very least like to try out. So I guess I can't complain too much.

Edit: Styx in particular is one I really need to try. I've seen as many people say it's total shit as I have people say it's amazing. So I'm really curious to see which side I fall into.

I highly suggest giving it a try. The name and concept may not sound too exciting at first, but I've yet to hear of anyone playing it and not walking away with positive impressions of the game.

This thread needs to turn back around, so I'm bringing back this Rocket League gif

FQqJZar.gif

I gotcha. I should have been more direct- I consider the word you're using to describe the behavior as mysogonistic.

Well that's strange it's a common word to use to compare someone who repeats the same and annoys. But if that word comes out as misogynistic than a do apologize.

Skux

Thread needs more hype for Geometry Wars 3. Bought it on the Steam sale and would gladly play it again to go trophy hunting.

Bishop89

Rocket league and Styx look good. Rest I don't care for.

People really using asscreed as ammo? That game is very bad, consisting of trail missions galore

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I highly suggest giving it a try. The name and concept may not sound too exciting at first, but I've yet to hear of anyone playing it and not walking away with positive impressions of the game.
I played the beta, and it was far from my cup of tea.

Holy shit, Rocket League is amazing. I'm really excited about this and the idea of having a large pool of people to play against now! Seriously, everyone needs to give the game a shot; it's addictive and can be incredibly tense.

mittelos

Well that's strange it's a common word to use to compare someone who repeats the same and annoys. But if that word comes out as misogynistic than a do apologize.
Maybe "incessant complainer"? :) All good, and I've derailed enough. On topic, I like football, and I like cars, so I'll definitely give Rocket League a go.

biteren

Rocket League + Geometry Wars 3.

How can you complain about this month?

well i already own Geometry wars 3...

but im down to try rocket league, i am a bit disappointed Sony diddnt really do anything special for 5 year aniversary (except the poster, which i diddnt get in )

but my disappointment is my fault really

Styx is to AC as TW3 is to DAI.

Similar sort of genre and full of unforunate jankiness. But both styx and TW3 understand what actually makes a good stealth or RPG game and give it a real proper go.

sheamus

U will be Pleasantly surprised with rain. I had a lot of fun with it.

I'm looking forward to playing geometry wars and Styx. Overall it's not that bad of month

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
As a ps4-only guy I'm pretty disappointed. Looks like Xbox got much better free games this month.

Humm, five games vs two, one of which I finished almost two years ago and has been in the bundle for the last 8 months?

As a ps4-only guy I'm pretty disappointed. Looks like Xbox got much better free games this month.

Play some rocket league and see how you feel. Folks wanting only AAA games and immediately disregarding others is just getting silly. I mean seriously if AC4 was such an awesome game that you were interested in, then why didn't you buy it? Been out forever and is cheap too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It makes sense to give away rocket league. Although some people here love it, it isn't likely to get a wide audience. Give it away, the devs get some nice money from Sony, and they get a healthy online player base quickly. Then fingers crossed word of mouth does the rest.

bjaelke

It makes sense to give away rocket league. Although some people here love it, it isn't likely to get a wide audience. Give it away, the devs get some nice money from Sony, and they get a healthy online player base quickly. Then fingers crossed word of mouth does the rest.

That's actually the reason for releasing the game as part of PS+:
PS+ Instant Game Collection has been an interesting story for us. When the great people at Sony proposed it to us a while back we thought it was a great idea. At the time we didn't know if the game was going to be successful enough for all the work we put into it and this would be a way to expose it to a larger audience. We always knew that Rocket League would be big if we could get enough people to try it.

Then...the Beta happened. With all the new hype surrounding the game it didn't seem to make sense to go forward with PS+ IGC. At this point we were pretty set to go forward with a regular release. Then Sony stepped up and told us how much they really wanted the game on IGC. They made us a solid offer and promised to really help promote the title. Coupled with the larger player base and general goodwill it spreads we decided to go for it.

With that said, our hope is still that Rocket league will earn enough to keep us busy making, well, more Rocket League. As soon as we decided to go IGC we stepped up our plans for DLC packs (and we have some very cool stuff going on there). If you are looking to support us even sooner there is also the Steam version, PS4 Theme, soundtrack, and merchandise (coming soon).
Once again, I can't thank you enough for this support. I can't wait for launch and I can't wait to play everyone here online!

Top Bottom