• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happiest Music in Gaming?

Apt101

I don't know about Bubble Bobble. That's some shit that could just as easily be the backdrop to a psychopath's day, as he stares into packed McDonald's and palms his AR-15.

I'd go with the majority of the LittleBigPlanet 2's soundtrack.

mclem

My main answer would probably echo the various Katamari suggestions, but I feel I have to also nominate some elements of Rhythm Heaven. In particular, Night Walk and Space Dance (Pah-pah-pah-PAHHHNCH!) always make me smile.

Edit: Just listened to Night Walk and the very intro set me off grinning. But there's that delightful middle eight, and then the return to the main refrain afterwards is incredible.

Mahnmut

Pop'n Twin Bee,

ALL the soundrack.

220px-Popn_TwinBee_(cover).jpg

morikaze

Banned
Shining Force II - Lively Town
Landstalker - Bustling Street

Both by the same composer xD (Motoaki Takenouchi)

Was going to post the Landstalker one I love you for posting it thank you.

Don't forget the title theme!

This track always gets me super happy, then it gets quite pretty and maybe a tad somber but then chills out. Honestly its a god damn masterpiece, shame its for a game that sold 5 copies (one of them to me)
Best VGM 1376 - Magnetis - Solo:
https://youtu.be/vtTk81cIJlg

I almost bought this game because it was like $2 and because the soundtrack seemed to be really, really good. I'm sorry I didn't buy it.

TrickRoom

For me, you can't get any happier than Pollyanna, from Earthbound Beginnings. As was earlier mentioned, everything down to its lyrics is about staying optimistic.

I remember first hearing its remix in Super Smash Bros Melee without any knowledge of the Earthbound series, and felt a sort of magic from it regardless.

Top Bottom