• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most powerful thing a playable character has done in a videogame?

In Xenoblade
Shulk kills the last god of his world and uses A.L.V.I.S. (the true Monado) to recreate the universe, ending the cycle Zanza put it in and achieving true free will for all beings. Then he gives up his newly-won godhood to live a humble life as a human.

First thing to come to my mind, I do not know of anything more powerful than that.

KDR_11k

If the Core Contingency plan from Total Annihilation counts, you build a bomb that blows up the entire galaxy.

And Solar lets you turn into a black hole and devour a lot of nearby suns and stuff. Of course it's a game where you control a sentient solar system so blowing up whole planets is a casual act.

Asura's Wrath can't be topped. That famous scene people always show of him punching that giant guy's finger isn't even close to the craziest thing that happens in that game.

Bitanator

Giving one of your characters in Dragon Quest VII the Platinum King Slime Job and absorbing magic and taking physical hits like a champ. In the two bonus dungeons of the game where you
knock the shit out of god with this strategy as he can do nothing but unleash his most powerful spells to no avail
, and then
the 4 spirits who get the shit knocked out of them by doing the same thing

XenoRaven

There was a time where I wasn't a huge Metroid fan, and I had a friend of mine say this to me about Samus Aran;

"Samus is awesome. I mean she goes to a planet with one gun, and then leaves the planet as it's blowing up."

Disgraced

ISAAC'S FEET VERSUS BAYO'S HAIR. LET'S GO.

giphy.gif

There was a time where I wasn't a huge Metroid fan, and I had a friend of mine say this to me about Samus Aran;

"Samus is awesome. I mean she goes to a planet with one gun, and then leaves the planet as it's blowing up."

Samus is the strongest nintendo character no question. She doesn't have anything overly crazy in her arsenal, but she kills everything she meets anyway and destroys their house and all their friends just to rub it in.

ISAAC'S FEET VERSUS BAYO'S HAIR. LET'S GO.

giphy.gif

Now this is a fight I would pay money to see.
latest

Samus is the strongest nintendo character no question. She doesn't have anything overly crazy in her arsenal, but she kills everything she meets anyway and destroys their house and all their friends just to rub it in.

nah, Donkey Kong is stronger by logic alone since gorillas are like ten times stronger than humans.

Saroyan

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack,
you win by eating the Earth, the rest of the planets in the solar system and finally the sun.

redfox088

Banned
Asura is pretty damn near just the most powerful game character I ever played but I'm going to have to go with the ending to xenoblade as well

So far I don't think anyone's come up with anything crazier than Xenoblade. Literal creation of a new universe. Full-on omnipotence. Asura and Bayonetta punched God so hard he died, sure, but Shulk became God for a while.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Does anyone have that picture of the reasons why Kirby is the most powerful character ever?

Things like destroying and eating god, swallowing the universe etc.

Kangi

Does anyone have that picture of the reasons why Kirby is the most powerful character ever?

Things like destroying and eating god, swallowing the universe etc.

Sounds like it's not quite what you're looking for, but it's still a good summary:

lpJmIcS.png

Bluth54

It's not what you traditionally think of when you think of something "powerful" but being able to go from rolling up tiny things like bugs onto your ball in the Katamari games to getting your ball large enough to roll up the entire Earth and other planets is a pretty amazing power.

Edit: The Prince has also got to be one of the strongest characters in all of gaming, he's the size of a bug and yet he can roll a ball the size of Earth around.

SoulUnison

Banned
If the Bayonetta, Asura's Wrath and Xenoblade examples count, then
Lightning kills her creator god in (mostly) 1-on-1 combat.

(Final Fantasy: Fabula Nova Crystallis spoilers.)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

It was all set up to be the big action moment of the game, and they totally fucked it up with broken controls.

It would still get my vote though, it's a very cool moment.

SoulUnison

Banned
It was all set up to be the big action moment of the game, and they totally fucked it up with broken controls.

It would still get my vote though, it's a very cool moment.

I'll never forget being all hyped up for this moment, then spending upwards of 20 minutes passing the controller around the couch with friends, all of us desperately trying to get it to just fucking work.

Really set the tone of the game for us.

Top Bottom