• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what a suprise psn is down AGAIN

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date

fedexpeon

Banned
Yeah, paying for something that is down 50% of the time would really suck indeed. I dont think anyone does that though.

Holy shit! GUYS 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 182 days will have PSN is down again topic on Gaf.

But seriously, PSN is down like less than a week total in a whole year. I mean, PSN only costs like $40...Even if it is down 182 days, I couldn't care less since it is a dime a day.

labaronx

your missing the point my ps4 is online too. the store is down and so is network features in games.

it has had reported issues since 2 hours ago

Didn't miss the point at all. I was actually defending your post. Im on psn. I see my friends on psn. I see live from Playstation and Netflix all working properly i see updates for games downloading to my ps4.

The ps store isnt letting me in. Certain games wont connect online. MESSAGING may be broken.

I'll never deny anyone here is having issues with the service, ever.its an inconvenience but the narrative i was replying to that psn has been by and large down for most of the week.... is greatly over exaggerated, ive had no such issues. Why? Lucky i guess.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well it's stopped telling me to sign in to PSN, doing so, then seemingly logging itself out, now I'm just getting a maintenance error, which is something I guess. Wonder if this has anything to do with the PS+ monthly game updates moving to today, it is an odd time to suddenly go down.

Been down for about an hour now for me. In the UK. I've never been a PSN complainer... I've backed PS+ since day one. And got a PS3 and PS4 on release. But it's starting to irritate me to be honest.

Same here, I understand things go down. It does keep happening on my days off though when I just want to sit down and relax with a game, and my days off aren't even the busy weekends where you expect problems to happen.

amar212

Downfall started in the same time Bungie announced and deployed new functionality for Destiny, Triumphs.

I guess it could be related somehow.

PSN is down, Bungie.net is now completely down.

Xevren

People attacking the TC are insane. PSN deserves all the shit being flung at it, it's been a complete shit show as of late. I love my ps4 but everything about the online for it is a complete and utter joke.

I can't access the store, either on my PS4 or on the website. U.S. Mid Atlantic region. It sucks because I got home early today and was hoping to play some of my free Ps+ games.

Lothars

People attacking the TC are insane. PSN deserves all the shit being flung at it, it's been a complete shit show as of late. I love my ps4 but everything about the online for it is a complete and utter joke.
lol so are posts like this when you and others say that it's always down or a complete joke but that's certainly not the experience I've ever had with PSN.

nib95

Banned
Working for me, I'm in Europe.
The outage seems to be affecting part of US at the moment.

Could be DDoS attack again? I think they mentioned the last outtage was due to "external factors". Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone (Microsoft, US banks or GAF lol) are able to properly fend those off. When the whole lizard squad thing was going on, multiple platforms, sites etc were affected all the same.

jax

Banned
Holy shit! GUYS 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 182 days will have PSN is down again topic on Gaf.

But seriously, PSN is down like less than a week total in a whole year. I mean, PSN only costs like $40...Even if it is down 182 days, I couldn't care less since it is a dime a day.

PSN is $15 a month. $40 is as hyperbolic as my 50% statement.

drotahorror

Loaded fine for me. Sign in and play just fine too.

These threads suck. Need an OT so whenever someone can't connect they can go complain in that thread.

Well that wraps it up. I guess the people saying the site doesn't work just have garbo internet.

I agree about needing a thread though.

jax

Banned
Are you telling me that 50% of the time i'm.... imagining thing? HOLY SHIT.

It's rarely ever down for me (UK here). Even factually speaking you're spouting utter nonsense.

There's no exageration on this quote. None. lol

But it's not down even remotely that often

Yeah, paying for something that is down 50% of the time would really suck indeed. I dont think anyone does that though because such a service doesnt exist i think.

You're making things up now.
Also, paying for the internet = paying for online.

You might be exaggerating a bit.

Again, I don't have PSN so the only thing I have to go by are these threads, which seem to pop up once a week at least. It may not be 50%, but one day a week is still unacceptable.

lol so are posts like this when you and others say that it's always down or a complete joke but that's certainly not the experience I've ever had with PSN.
Even the website right now says that services are experiencing issues. You can't honestly believe that just because something doesn't effect you that it can't effect other people's experiences. I came looking for a thread like this when I tried to log into Bloodborne and it told me that it can't verify that I have a Gold account.

MrS

Banned
Not happy at all. Wanted to come home and play Rocket League and I can't even get on the store to download it. PSN is shit.

Mr Moose

Why pay an extra $50 a year for Internet access on a console

I'm not talking about that, I was talking about their wording.
"There is no reason to pay for Online." Unless you're stealing your internet, you are paying for online.

PSN is $15 a month. $40 is as hyperbolic as my 50% statement.

No wonder you're upset, you're getting ripped off.

Again, I don't have PSN so the only thing I have to go by are these threads, which seem to pop up once a week at least. It may not be 50%, but one day a week is still unacceptable.

Oh, thanks for dropping by with your feedback then.

Persona7

Banned
Again? It seems like it is down several days a month now. I was going to turn on my PS4 and buy a game but I will get it on a different platform instead because the web store isn't loading at all.

Lothars

Even the website right now says that services are experiencing issues. You can't honestly believe that just because something doesn't effect you that it can't effect other people's experiences. I came looking for a thread like this when I tried to log into Bloodborne and it told me that it can't verify that I have a Gold account.
I have no doubt it's having issues right now, someone even posted from sony site that it was. I am not arguing that but I am arguing the fact that some seem to say that PSN is garbage and never works.

Top Bottom