• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash - Comic con info and sizzle reel (mostly S1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/1...t?hootPostID=fb1c8040ae26025901c440af29925b12

Jay Garrick and Patty Spivot confirmed.

Mostly S1 footage till the last 20 or so seconds.
THE FLASH Comic-Con 2015 Highlight Reel #WBSDCC: https://youtu.be/3-LDsoE8m90
Zoom is coming!
Edit:
Big season 2 teasers starting around 4 minutes in, by the way.

Edit:

Teddy Sears & Shantel VanSanten will be playing Jay Garrick & Patty Spivot respectively.

Flash-SidebySide-1.jpg

Flash-SidebySide-2.jpg

Xemnas89

There's nothing really spoilery

It will confuse more than it will enlighten... there's also no new footage but there's a voice over

Yeah since comic-con is a little earlier this year they don't really have any footage to show. Luckily they did have some new voice overs in the trailer to tide us over.

Dalek

Reverse Flash is basically a name that many people have gone by, including Professor Zoom. So basically we can have a Reverse Flash played by another actor.

Reverse Flash is basically a name that many people have gone by, including Professor Zoom. So basically we can have a Reverse Flash played by another actor.

And whomever they cast as Zoom has mighty big shoes to fill after Cavanagh being such a badass in season 1 as Reverse Flash/Wells.

Not a big comic reader, but aren't they one in the same? They may be using zoom as an alternate version of reverse flash just for an excuse to keep the guy around

Zoom and RF aren't the same guy, no.

RF is... well, he's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Same powers as the Flash, but a bad guy. Hates his guts, fights him regularly because of that.

Zoom is another order of monster. They took a little bit of his motivations for Wells. Zoom, traditionally, wants to make Flash a better hero; he's a friend of his from the future, who went crazy when Flash failed to save... I think his wife? Anyway, he got powers and traveled back in time to make Flash better. His chosen method of doing is this basically being a sadistic motherfucker, the reasoning being that heroes are born out of tragedy. Unlike RF, his powers aren't an exact analogue to Flash's. Rather, he slows down time for everyone else. He's incredibly powerful, and freaky as hell.

Zoom and RF aren't the same guy, no.

RF is... well, he's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Same powers as the Flash, but a bad guy. Hates his guts, fights him regularly because of that.

Zoom is another order of monster. They took a little bit of his motivations for Wells. Zoom, traditionally, wants to make Flash a better hero; he's a friend of his from the future, who went crazy when Flash failed to save... I think his wife? Anyway, he got powers and traveled back in time to make Flash better. His chosen method of doing is this basically being a sadistic motherfucker, the reasoning being that heroes are born out of tragedy. Unlike RF, his powers aren't an exact analogue to Flash's. Rather, he slows down time for everyone else. He's incredibly powerful, and freaky as hell.
Gotcha. Sounds cool.

Zoom was a co-worker of Wally's, back when Wally's identity was public. He was paralyzed in a fight between Wally and Grodd, and asked Wally to go back in time and fix it. Wally told him you don't fuck with time, so he tried using the cosmic treadmill himself and ended up gaining time distortion powers. He then decided Wally couldn't be the best Flash because he hadn't suffered as much as Barry had. He started attacking Wally's family to motivate him to be a better hero.

Man I hope they keep Zoom's crazy way of talking because of his powers

That, plus the "failing CRT" look that I've seen on him here and there. Like this:

Zoom was a co-worker of Wally's, back when Wally's identity was public. He was paralyzed in a fight between Wally and Grodd, and asked Wally to go back in time and fix it. Wally told him you don't fuck with time, so he tried using the cosmic treadmill himself and ended up gaining time distortion powers. He then decided Wally couldn't be the best Flash because he hadn't suffered as much as Barry had. He started attacking Wally's family to motivate him to be a better hero.

Whoops, kind of messed up the details, lol.

Mariolee

So what were those last two minutes of him running around hinting at? Is he in an alternate dimension where he'll met Garrick or something?

I'm also assuming we don't have to use spoiler bars considering this whole thread is about the teaser.

ryan299

So, Eobard Thawne is the reverse flash, who also goes by the name Professor Zoom and then there's another Speedster named Zoom who we're getting in season 2?

Neoxon

I heard Caitlin mention that she's leaving. Is that a hint towards her downward spiral towards becoming Killer Frost?

Corpekata

Banned
I heard Caitlin mention that she's leaving. Is that a hint towards her downward spiral towards becoming Killer Frost?

She mentions she's not coming back, not leaving. More likely it's early season and she's off to have marital bliss with Ronnie and wants to leave the end of the world stuff behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom