• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Why is SCEA skipping the MGSV limited console when their Destiny and Batman ones seemed to have sold really well? I couldn't see Konami stopping it from happening.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
“Sales of Arkham Knight slightly exceeded October 2011 sales of Batman: Arkham City, which is remarkable considering the difference in hardware install bases,” said Callahan.

Batman is 1.5m+

Jesus that's a lot of sales! Batman brand is sure stronger than ever.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Can we extrapolate Sony from this quote + the Xbox % increase?

“Eighth-generation consoles [like PS4 and Xbox One] are leading the way with 15 percent growth over June 2014, offsetting declines in seventh-generation and portable hardware sales.”

Revenue, not units.

Schryver

Posted this in the other thread, but it needs to be posted here.

tumblr_nppg185v371qkghkro1_540.png

lollll

Kolx

Why are people impressed with Splatoon sales? there is no real competitor from 6-10 that you can be impressed Splatoon came above it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yep. No point advertising a feature like it's a big deal when it has such major provisos attached to it.

If that initial hundred for Fall 2015 includes many big hits from last gen, like Black Ops 2, Red Dead Redemption...etc, I don't see why not slap a "Backwards Compatible" sticker on it. They have plans to increase the list by hundreds more starting January 2016, and on a monthly basis, so they would do fine.

AdanVC

Didn't the Wii U version launch a week later? Or was that for other regions?

I honestly don't have any idea but if that's the case then too bad for Wii U :( another 3rd party game that leaves the boat...

I don't think it's performing any differently from any of the other multiplatform LEGO games have in the past.

True :( But at least in past LEGO games the Wii U version normally sold at least more than the X1 version... oh well.

well then

here's your brand new avatar!

Cgy7sBa.jpg

Dayum that squid really knows how to do leg day!

NateDrake

Why are people impressed with Splatoon sales? there is no real competitor from 6-10 that you can be impressed Splatoon came above it.

Why are people actively trying to diminish Splatoon sales? Last month people said the game would fall off the June charts, but it finished at #5 for the month.

Mr Moose

Congrats to Sony.

To think they still have the MGS V (earlier), Call of Duty and Battlefront deals for the holidays. The numbers are definitely gonna be interesting.

Good XBox showing this month too.

And Assassin's Creed :'(
Really wish they didn't.

Because the wiiu has struggled to have some of its more unique games sell, like w101 and bayo2. Seeing this game do some real numbers is a sigh of relief and a nice bit of news for Nintendo and wiiu fans.

Mory Dunz

Was Lego Wii U released later like in Europe?

Why did it sell so poorly? I mean, less than PS3? Something seems weird.

And wow at Splatoon, considering people thought it would disappear.

Ushay

Both consoles did well in hardware, very nice.

Xbox gave us a figure sort of. Why nothing for Sony? A percentage? Or were they that close?

noshten

I think Splatoon got around 400-450k in June when digital is taken into account. I think the real question is if it charts next month's NPD, which will confirm that the Splatoon tentacles have spread from Japan and have infected other places.

well then
here's your brand new avatar!

Forgot about that - it's pretty awesome avatar he is a lucky guy

Witcher 3 legs - sexiest legs in the chart

2fbf1578eb90f3d2025ea8f180c88a70.jpg

Splatoon 2 Coming to the NX, no doubt about it! It will be hyped more than melee(well in japan at least)

Glad to see PS4, Xbox one, and 3DS all doing well. Its great to see console selling well

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Splatoon holding onto top 5 is a good sight. Go inkling, go!

I still remember the December NPD with all the doubts and doom about Splatoon. Man, feels good now.

Boke1879

Why is SCEA skipping the MGSV limited console when their Destiny and Batman ones seemed to have sold really well? I couldn't see Konami stopping it from happening.

At least in the US with MGSV and Destiny releasing so close together. They probably feel a Destiny Bundle will give them a bigger boost in sales. You could argue anyone who is going to play MGSV on PS4 already has one.

LifEndz

Seems like every other week MS has a different promotion with the X1 and yet Sony still outsold it. Wow. I can't wait to see what type of bundles MS has for Halo 5.

Gratz to Splatoon.

Toki767

Both consoles did well in hardware, very nice.

Xbox gave us a figure sort of. Why nothing for Sony? A percentage? Or were they that close?
Sony never gives figures or percentages whether they win or lose unlike Microsoft who stopped giving numbers when they started losing.

Xbro

I think Splatoon got around 400-450k in June when digital is taken into account. I think the real question is if it charts next month's NPD, which will confirm that the Splatoon tentacles have spread from Japan and have infected other places.

That would be an ink leak into the ocean.

GnawtyDog

Banned
The Xbox One did really good. Lower price is the way to go for them. GAP <100k this month for PS4 would be rather poor.

hopefully we get confirmation on the XB1 sales numbers and the gap.

“Sales of Arkham Knight slightly exceeded October 2011 sales of Batman: Arkham City, which is remarkable considering the difference in hardware install bases,” said Callahan.

Batman is 1.5m+

I should have had more faith! I said my top end prediction was 1.4 million

Which generally sells more in a year (in North America), Madden or NBA 2K? I always considered Madden like the biggest sports game of the year, but NBA seems to hang around these charts longer.
If I recall correctly, since the past very few years, FIFA has been the #1 selling sports game in NA. Yes, more than Madden.

Worldwide? FIFA of course has been the king for decades.

hwateber

Wow Splatoon is doing great! I'm surprised that PS4 Arkham Knight was the leading SKU even with the bundles which aren't included in the number

Every game publisher: Wow, games in June did amazing this year!

*Summer 2016*

Every game publisher: Eh, let's not release in summer if we can help it. Now September, let's pack everything in there.

Top Bottom