• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright Gaf let's settle it, what is the BEST MGSV Trailer?

SJRB

Gold Member
E3 2014.

Nuclear is PERFECT, the intro is amazing, a lot of cool footage without spoiling anything.

The other E3 trailers are close behind though, they're all awesome in their own way. E3 2015 is interesting because it actually gives some dialogue, some hints as to where the story is going. It's also very surreal which I liked a lot.

Wasp

Sins of the Father, Garbage and Nuclear are all brilliant trailers. Amazing choices of music. My favourite one is Garbage though.

The E3 2015 trailer was a disappointment for me, by far the worst of the four.

The Ground Zeroes reveal trailer, which actually turned out to be the intro to the game, was great too.

E3 2013 red band trailer takes the cake for me. "Only for revenge" really got me. It also has gameplay footage too.

Second favorite goes to 2013 GDC. Part where Big Boss desperately save mother base fit so perfectly with Not Your Kind of People.

E3 2015's monologue-driven makes the trailer stands out compared to the rest although they throw too many stuff IMO.

I'm really digging Nuclear until the chorus. Still a decent trailer though.

Agreed with "Not your kind of people". The song just fits so extraordinarily well with the trailer imagery and IIRC it was the first trailer that revealed that The Phantom Pain was actually a Metal Gear game so I liked the fact that it explained what the original Phantom Pain teaser was about.

Hag

The one with the garbage song. The ending is so good. The second best is the last trailer by kojima with Fox logo play

Mechazawa

The E3 2013 trailer had a bunch of really awesome gameplay reveals and implications inter-spliced with with story bits that set the tone for the game. Between the music, KojiPro establishing that the mechanics are on motherfucking point and Robin Atkin Downes Kazing the hell out, that was when I was proper on board for MGSV.

The other E3 trailers by comparison are way too heavy handed.

WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE.
SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE.
WE SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES.

WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE.
WONT BE CAST AS DEMONS,
CREATURES YOU DESPISE.

L.O.R.D

NUCLEAR
tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif

this

Zomba13

To me most of them suck because of the shit type choices and the random words.

V HAS COME

that shit sounds engrish as f***

Isn't is "V has come to", as in "to come to" as in V has woken up from a coma or unconsciousness. That isn't very engrishy.

Vire

E3 2013, it's not really even close to be honest. I really hope half that shit is still in the game.

brian!

love the red band trailer as a game trailer, super hype at new breed of stealth horse stuff, only works ok as a self-contained thing compared to the other ones for me because of the gameplay cuts

elegia one reinforces the ham voice acting that I love about mgs, so good, the writing is so great

words can...keel...->guitar note is so great

brian!

there is actually really nice narrative progression if you watch the trailers in order, the stakes get higher and higher

The Red Band E3 2013 trailer for me, since it featured "gameplay" and an original song composed for the game. We got a vague idea of the story and the imagery was great. That 7:10 mark always gives me chills.

Top Bottom