• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

Moa

It's not just a switch you can flip off.

Are you on the development team?
tomb6.png

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why the hell do you need Xbox Live connection for LAN. C'mon Microsoft, get your shit together, patch that shit out.

The One (and I'd guess the PS4 too) doesn't system link support at the OS/game level, right?

Why, why, oh why, have they not given it that?

Disconnects happened during the first HCS didn't it?
That should have been enough to signal system link -had- to happen.

Edit: Gears is going to have it?

MCC can run on a LAN connection if everyone is on the same network but the console requirement of an Xbox Live connection is still required by at least one of the LAN systems in order to work. Loose the connection and you're done.

MCC can run on a LAN connection if everyone is on the same network but the console requirement of an Xbox Live connection is still required by at least one of the LAN systems in order to work. Loose the connection and you're done.
Yes, I was aware of that, I was referring to that XBL requirement indirectly, sorry.

Well that was rough too at the start, it didn't work. And then there's the whole PS+ edition, but at least they fixed the problems there.
MCC deserves better :(

Difference is in the scale of the audiences that care and the histories of the respected franchises.

Halo - AAAA hallowed franchise, top 5 franchise in gaming history, hundreds of millions spent on marketing, tens of millions of copies sold. People buy consoles *just* to play a new Halo game.

Driveclub - lol.

So while Driveclub's failures were disappointing, Halo's failures were actually destructive and reverberated through all of the gaming world. And to this day still do not work properly in all important aspects, as we see in this thread.

Boke1879

MS, 343 better do something drastically different when it comes to Halo 5. Bring back real LAN support. I really hope H5 is in a good state when it launches. IT would be a shame if one of the premiere console FPS's fizzled out because of technical issues

entremet

Game was just too ambitious honestly.

Plus all that legacy code to work with.

Halo 5 will be fine since it's built from the ground up.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned

That doesn't make any sense. If everyone is on the same LAN network, then that would mean everyone would be connected to XBL anyway too

Majanew

Banned
Who cares. Let's all buy Halo 5 to reward 343 and Microsoft for shitting on Halo fans with this piece of shit. 343 is already struggling with the visuals and performance of Halo 5.

baphomet

The one game I've purchased this console generation that I took back and demanded a full refund for.

Hopefully they realize that if they fuck Halo 5 up like this, it'll be the end of the franchise.

Who cares. Let's all buy Halo 5 to reward 343 and Microsoft for shitting on Halo fans with this piece of shit. 343 is already struggling with the visuals and performance of Halo 5.

A game that isn't finished yet having some visual and performance issues? Oh no! Halo 5 is a complete disaster!

Bigger than Driveclub for me.
One of the biggest fuck ups I can remember, period.

It's a shame, because when the MP works it's just so good.

I don't know why people even compare this two games.

Driveclub had online problems at start but the single player worked.

MCC had problems on both single and multiplayer sides.

Driveclub was fixed in a month and the only thing missing was the PSN+ version.

MCC online problems took months to be "fixed" and there are still problems as OP is showing.

Nzyme32

I'm not sure if it is entirely on MCC itself or if it is other things they are doing at the event. For an event such as that I'd hope that they didn't actually have them happen mid-match which seems to be the case here. Hopefully they at least make it entertaining to watch.

I recall TI4 for Dota 2 had one match where they had difficulties near the start of the match (also no LAN and all online) and had to start over on a different server, but they got over it quickly and kept things moving.

There were also several times where games failed to start due to connection issues caused by the way spectating casters joined - but those were pretty hilarious as you can hear and see the casters start having some fun with it and poking fun at the one that seemed to be the cause, pyrion flax, also breaking the class of the show as he stresses out

jelly

Maybe they have been working on a huge patch of fixes and that takes time or Halo 5 over here woo! Halo 5 yeaaaah, they've forgotten, Halo 2015!!!! or the people are on holiday. Hope 343 aren't lifting the carpet with a brush in their hand. You do the unthinkable, polish that turd into a diamond.

No chance, game is broken at its core and Halo 5 will eventually come out and relegate MCC to a dark and lonely place nobody is willing to look at.

Yup, that's what will happen, Halo 5 Warzone will pull us away. I only have one person that plays MCC on my list, and I'll never go back to it once Halo 5 is in my hands. Everyone else is on that Destiny crack at the moment.

Still on the fence on which console to purchase. This doesn't help. I think of myself as a semi pro, so I need a solid connection. Microsoft keeps on digging holes. Go figure, I used to play halo split screen with all my friends during my time in Iraq.

Pez

The MCC got to be one of the biggest disappointments in gaming for me. I bought a fucking One for this.

Frankie gets pissed at this community for dragging 343 through the mud, but this is the reason why it happens.

I'm in the same boat, but have made peace with it at this point. =(

imo people should be avoiding battlefront as well after the fuck up that was B4. It took them a year to make that game in a condition that it should have been at launch.

But everyone seems to be forgetting that.

Majanew

Banned
A game that isn't finished yet having some visual and performance issues? Oh no! Halo 5 is a complete disaster!

Sub 720p resolutions and frame drops when the game was 4 months out. MCC has plenty of frame drops. We won't know how 5's mp holds up til it's out. I'll let others test it and then look for a cheap used copy if it isn't crap. Even if Halo 5 needed a delay, it won't happen. Good luck, 343.

imo people should be avoiding battlefront as well after the fuck up that was B4. It took them a year to make that game in a condition that it should have been at launch.

I agree, but many have brought it up, in Battlefront threads. It also didn't take a year for BF4 to fix the server issues that plagued the game at launch.

MCC online problems took months to be "fixed" and there are still problems as OP is showing.

I documented some of the issues still present in the game (some bad language in the vid)

http://youtu.be/9Exx1_J1Dvg

These were from two days play last week. The game went through a period of relative stability in June but the last 2-3 weeks have been plagued by terrible, latency filled p2p connections (dedicated servers have appeared about 1 in 7 games), games ending early, games terminating when the p2p host quits... Not to mention BTB search times are unacceptably long. It's not a population issue - Reach's BTB would find games within 90 seconds even when the population had plummeted years after release. Playlist management has been the most disappointing aspect of the MCC. It's something they do have control over but reflects very little understanding of what was popular and what worked with these games in their prime.

Tunavi

Banned
Honestly at this point Master Chief Collection is one of, if not THE biggest fuck up ever.

I mean, I still have achievements not popping for completing levels.
Halo 4 was so bad and MCC killed the halo community so quickly that I switched to Sony.

To be fair, last time I played it, it was actually working, unlike this which is still a broken mess. That said, I would agree. I'm probably going to buy the game, but I won't open it until I'm sure the game works online.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

JPLMD

People have been saying plenty of it in the threads (that or wait a bit and see if any major issues need to be resolved before pulling the trigger).

For MCC, not so much, you get all the crazy people defending the crap out of the game because it's "Halo" and saying that the problems "aren't that bad."

And then people get upset when you say you aren't willing to give 343i another chance with Halo 5...

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What's more sad is that you dislike anything Xbox like a plague, yet come into every Xbox thread. That's not only ridiculous, but depressing.

The fuck are you talking about? I don't hold any hard feelings for a console manufacturer. This is a ridiculous situation and it fucking sucks for the players, same could be said about the botched Driveclub release.

Boke1879

They'd be wise to have a beta for Battlefront as well. But I hope they have learned from BF4

KingBroly

Banned
It's pretty sad that this game will probably never get fixed. If it does get fixed, no one will care because the community will be gone, either to Halo 5 or leaving outright if the latter has the same problems Halo 4 did in terms of keeping up player interest.

At this point it's just a joke. The MCC was supposed to be a celebration of everything Halo, instead 343 delivered this. The fact that they're still having issues at this point and are no longer even bothering to address them is just baffling.

Top Bottom