• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer | Import Thread

Looking for the packs on eBay and I can't find anything but the game and the 3DS. Do they sell these packs individually yet or what am I missing here?

C3COtkz.jpg

I need this horse.

Impotaku

Aaand my game & cards have arrived, just the final step of posting them to myself now.

Hehe flashbacks of the e-reade, anyone who was unfortunate to remember back then with how hard the cards were to find in Japan. Even with a friend living over there didn't help much with finding boxes, it was pretty hard and there were 7 series of those cards in total.

In comparison these amiibo ones should be pretty easy to get a full set, although the thirst is real as resellers on Amazon have now upped the price to 29,000 yen a box. That's quite the markup from its 16,000 retail price.

It's using the horse model though. AC has a giraffe model already with Gracie so I think they'd use that same base if that was the case. (I'm not familiar with the company you linked, is it related to 7-11 in some way?)

It's 7-11's points card/electronic payment card in Japan, called Nanako ("nana" being 7 in Japanese). That character's name is 7ごう, which would be read as Nanago- and would be interpreted as "Number seven" or "jackpot" (as in 777).

It's 7-11's points card/electronic payment card in Japan, called Nanako ("nana" being 7 in Japanese). That character's name is 7ごう, which would be read as Nanago- and would be interpreted as "Number seven" or "jackpot" (as in 777).
I think they used the horse model so they weren't directly referencing the character but just sort of paying homage to it, because she also fits in with the naming convention of the other superhero characters in the AC series. (They're all named after numbers in Japan.) That way they can still use the character after the promotion is over.

Impotaku

Do you have tracking on your order?

Yeah it had tracking from amazon, have to wait for binders to show up still. Then get it all consolidated as i have a few other things sat there, will be late next week if im lucky to get it here in the uk.

tiijj

Yeah it had tracking from amazon, have to wait for binders to show up still. Then get it all consolidated as i have a few other things sat there, will be late next week if im lucky to get it here in the uk.

Did you get the binders from a reseller? Usually they ship together, right?

I'm curious about the binder, I wanna see what it looks like.

Impotaku

Did you get the binders from a reseller? Usually they ship together, right?

I'm curious about the binder, I wanna see what it looks like.

No they are from amazon themselves but they didnt ship them with my cards and game, sometimes they combine them all together. This time i wasnt lucky, the binder is pretty low quality from the pic on amazon its basically a sheet of plastic you fold into a wallet, has plastic pages in and each page can hold 2 cards side by side, im guessing that bit from the shape and size of the binder. Looks very similar to a pokemon card binder i got years ago.

tiijj

No they are from amazon themselves but they didnt ship them with my cards and game, sometimes they combine them all together. This time i wasnt lucky, the binder is pretty low quality from the pic on amazon its basically a sheet of plastic you fold into a wallet, has plastic pages in and each page can hold 2 cards side by side, im guessing that bit from the shape and size of the binder. Looks very similar to a pokemon card binder i got years ago.

Ah, that sucks.

Also, According to someone at reddit the cards are the same size as a pokemon card so the regular binder sleeves should work (plus my double sleeving lol).

kubus

Just got back from a tiring day of scouting out stores selling the amiibo cards... I must've tried over 10 stores/conbinis, only found one with some stock left (Bic Camera in Tachikawa) and that's probably because they had a very strict "one per customer" rule. Looking at twitter, I assume lots of people just bought the entire stock at some stores, leaving nothing for others...

So yeah, managed to get one booster pack. Thankfully AmiAmi shipped my order today with another five booster packs and the game (and cover plate :D) so hopefully it arrives tomorrow. I reallyyy can't wait to play!

These are the cards I got today:

And this was the AC:HHD display at the Bic Camera in Tachikawa:

Loved those little screen cleaner straps they were selling!

Also picked up a little flyer at the 7-11 today about the AC:HHD DLC items they're distributing, and it seems they're also going to re-release the second set of 7-11 themed items for AC: New Leaf :eek:. Didn't know this before!

kubus

First time I've seen what these look like in good detail... It looks like crack in a booster pack.
Yeah they're pretty good quality. I read somewhere that the cards were gonna be made from plastic because of the nfc chip but they feel like normal "tcg" cardboard to me. The foil effect on the special cards is well done. It sparkles real pretty and the effect is placed over the entire card so it's easy to notice.

Here's a pic of what the back of the cards look like:

If you rub your finger over the amiibo logo you can feel that there's something in there which I assume is the chip :p. It's hardly noticable but if you search for it you can feel it sitting there. I think the cards are a tad thicker than a Pokemon tcg card but it's been ages since I've held one in my hand so don't quote me on that.

Overall really pleased by the quality. This can quickly grow into an addiction...

greg400

Banned
Damn, they finally included an option to choose your eyes/face/skin color without some vague questions in the beginning or leaving your character in the sun. Hopefully this stays in future entries.

Also, According to someone at reddit the cards are the same size as a pokemon card so the regular binder sleeves should work (plus my double sleeving lol).

Cool, I have a ton of pages I can use that use to be for my Decipher LotR cards.

Also, the dice and rock paper scissor icons are just for if you want to use them as regular cards for just random real life play? or what? I do like the upper left icons indicating their animal category.

OmegaFax

Do these cards act like normal Amiibo for other games out right now that don't require a specific Amiibo like Hyrule Warriors and Amiibo Tap?

tiijj

After watching some AC HHD videos

The AC HHD game with the NFC reader package has the NFC reader in a separate box inside (but it doesn't look like the retail package).

Also, there's a SP amiibo card inside the AC HHD game, it appears to be random.

And for each pack of the AC Amiibo cards there's 1 SP character and 2 villagers. So in a box (of 50 packs) you will get at least 33 doubles (if you get all the SP characters).

Found another binder but it's one that comes with a magazine you can see it next to the tiny album.

It's a little small

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Early previews said there was no real reason to even talk to the animals, as even if you completely ignore their wishes, there seems to be no negative repercussions.

REALLY hoping this isn't the case in the final version.

Oli

Early previews said there was no real reason to even talk to the animals, as even if you completely ignore their wishes, there seems to be no negative repercussions.

I can't really imagine a scenario where punishing a player for a bad design would make it more fun. I take this game as a Art Academy-esque experience. In that you grade yourself by taking satisfaction in your work.

I think that's about the best one could hope for from this. I think it's enough anyway.

But to your point about having no reason to talk to the villagers, the same could be said about New Leaf. I definitely think those interactions add something to the game, but if you wanted you could totally avoid it.

kubus

Yep, this is still the case. Of course they'll still give you a theme to work with and they also have some specific items they want you to use but you can pretty much do anything you want and they'll accept it. I'm completely fine with this as it gives me the freedom to design the houses exactly how I want them to without being punished for it. The goal of the game is to be your own interior designer, attaching high scores or rewards or something like that to the missions would take away from your creativity and people will just adhere to the games' rules instead of creating their own styles. Hell I can already see guides pop up on the internet on how to get the perfect score on each room or something... Where's the fun in that :)?

But I do see your point. I don't really care for high scores or things like that in games but I know others love to be challenged and then this kind of system is probably a bit disappointing.

_Clash_

My partner loves the animal crossing games.

Does this feature the same 100hrs+ of possible gameplay? Or will it be done and dusted pretty quickly for an avid fan?

kubus

Ok so I got the game today and played a bit. I finished the tutorial and then designed about four houses. Lots of stuff is still locked (like choosing the house location, designing the garden) and I can only work with quite small rooms and limited furniture but so far I can give a quick impression of the mechanics.

The whole decorating part of the game seems to work pretty much flawless. It's so easy to move around stuff and flip and rotate! Choosing furniture from the catalog also works very well as everything is categorized, though I wonder if it won't get super chaotic as you unlock more stuff.

Designing pretty rooms is quite challenging in the beginning as you have only a small selection of items, but that also makes it pretty fun.

I hope more stuff unlocks soon because right now I feel like I could get bored of this pretty fast as the options are pretty limited right now. I wonder if that will change once I get to design facilities and gardens as well. The rooms are also quite small right now so that really limits your options.

But again, I've only played about two hours so far. I gotta run now but I'll play some more later this evening. If anyone has questions, now is the time to ask them!

Thank you kubus and tiijj, and everyone here. Very glad to reunite with AC GAF.

I don't know what's going on but my Play Asia order seems to have gone back to Japan, I was expecting the game and system bundle today. Oh well.

I will be making a semi-custom binder / folder for the amiibo cards since Nintendo has direct access to my bank account when it comes to AC. I will share it here (the binder) in case some of you would be interested.

Top Bottom