• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Nightman Cometh" is the best individual sitcom episode ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlewild_

The nightman song from 'Sweet Dee's dating a retarded person' is one of the highlights of the show for me.

Easily one of the best episodes.

Mac:OK bro, you wanna play hardball, fine. You're about to experience the hard knocks of a free market, bitch. Get ready to feel it where it hurts.

Charlie: Your dick!

Mac: No, not his dick. His wallet...Your wallet.

Mac: I came up with a plan. It involves pulling up our bootstraps. Oiling up a couple of asses. And doing a little plowing of our own.

Charlie + Dennis: ...

Mac: Not gay sex.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
My favorite would be Silicon Valley: "Tip-to-Tip Efficiency".

Followed closely by Seinfield's "The Contest".

This is by far my fav show of all time for sure in my top 5 fav episodes too. Just wish the show had more episodes per season. I also have a huge huge huge crush on Charlie Day so every episode that focuses on him is just <3

DeathyBoy

Banned
I have to put the episode where Frank flashbacks to working with his brother up there. I know a lot of people dislike it, but between Lance Reddick telling Frank he looks like a kid, Frank's brother getting high off cocaine and having an orgasm, and the 'I'm a black panther, now' line...

It's a phenomenal episode. Reggie is one of the greatest one off characters ever.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I have to put the episode where Frank flashbacks to working with his brother up there. I know a lot of people dislike it, but between Lance Reddick telling Frank he looks like a kid, Frank's brother getting high off cocaine and having an orgasm, and the 'I'm a black panther, now' line...

It's a phenomenal episode. Reggie is one of the greatest one off characters ever.

Frank's Brother is generally regarded as one of, if not the worst episode of the whole series.

You're a maniac.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's a shame that so much good stuff gets forgotten. I would like to suggest:

Police squad :Rendezvous at Big Gulch (Terror in the Neighborhood

It's hard to pick a 'best' episode from police squad, but I always loved how Frank's partner goes deep undercover in this episode and just tries to run the store.

Bleepey

God, yes. Malcolm in the Middle has basically no bad episodes, IMO. The ones you listed are great, and another one I like is the one where Hal goes to Abe's for poker for the first time.

Very true. I forgot about the courtroom drama where Hal explains his time off work. The diaper episode is one of the only times I have ever cried laughing,

aett

I would have had the older Shadynasty played by the younger actress from the flashbacks, except everyone comments on how old she looks now. I kept expecting them to do that as I watched the episode the first time.

One recent moment that I haven't seen mentioned is when Dennis steals that guy's identity and is priming himself to fuck that Asian boy

That genuinely made me ache with laughter

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I came in to this thread ready to agree, then I keep seeing people list other episodes and ultimately agree with them as well. This show is just god tier. This show is constantly in rotation for me, its easier to mention the episodes I don't like. The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell, Who Pooped the Bed, and Frank's Brother are the only three I don't like.

I'm going through this series for the first time recently and just completed The Nightman Cometh and thought it was a really poor episode, it's panders to the popularity of the Dayman/Nightman song from earlier, but it has no other reason to exist and isn't that interesting in itself. Not even in the top 20 episodes.

Danny Devito making the song about the boys hole is the funniest joke in it.

This episode had me in tears....

sunny-den-1.gif

DragonGuess.gif

hitsugi

Frasier's "Ham Radio" is my pick. Also like the Cheers episode where Frasier and Lilith fall for one another on live tv.

If we're just going by Always Sunny episodes maybe Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth. Once Dennis mentions Lethal Weapon 5 reshoots you know it's gonna be a good episode.

I would seriously go see a feature length film of their Lethal Weapon parodies.

Pejo

Mac's cat eyes make me piss myself with laughter everytime

So damn funny, and especially when he hisses and the crowd laughs. I lose it every single time.

This episode had me audibly laughing through most of it. The only time I've laughed harder at a sitcom episode was the Beauty Pageant episode where frank comes out in funeral makeup. I couldn't breathe for that.

Sunny is a lot like Seinfeld, in that once you know the characters you can pretty much watch any random episode and enjoy it. I still think Arrested Development is the funniest show, but you definitely have to watch it in order (at least the first time through). The laughs per minute are off the charts!

My top 5:

Gas Crisis
Nightman
Mac and Dennis Break Up
Extreme Makeover
Mac's Banging the Waitress

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?

The negress line kills me every time.

Gameboy415

This was actually the first episode of It's Always Sunny I ever watched! :)
I liked it so much that I went out and got all of the available DVD sets (the show wasn't on Netflix yet) and have been a huge fan ever since.

I think my top 3 episodes would have to be 'The Gang Buys a Boat', 'Frank's Intervention', and 'The Waitress is Getting Married' (I gave my friends a wedding gift in a nondescript cardboard box with a giant 'H' on it last year and they loved it, haha).

DeathyBoy

Banned
The only episode i haven't watched because of my bias against musicals, no matter how funny they may be.

Bro, it's a classic episode. Charlie fucking losing his shit at Dee trying to change his script is a God-tier scene. And the songs are so fucked up in classic IASIP fashion.

Santiako

I think "The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis" or "The Gang Solves The North Korea Situation" might be my favourites, but there are SO many amazing episodes that can't decide for sure.

EDIT: Oh shit, and "Reynolds vs Reynolds: The cereal defense" is a goddamned masterpiece, that could be my favourite one.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I think "The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis" or "The Gang Solves The North Korea Situation" might be my favourites, but there are SO many amazing episodes that can't decide for sure.

EDIT: Oh shit, and "Reynolds vs Reynolds: The cereal defense" is a goddamned masterpiece, that could be my favourite one.

The Christmas special is great too. Charlie fucking losing his shit with Santa... Mac elbowing that woman in the face... kids crying as parents drag them away...

Frasier's "Ham Radio" is my pick. Also like the Cheers episode where Frasier and Lilith fall for one another on live tv.

If we're just going by Always Sunny episodes maybe Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth. Once Dennis mentions Lethal Weapon 5 reshoots you know it's gonna be a good episode.

My man. The final act is the greatest 12 minutes in the history of entertainment television, but the entire episode is masterful. There are jokes in the first half of the episode that not only are self-contained jokes in themselves, but they even provide set-up for additional jokes that pay off later on. It's incredible to watch.

God damn. Started to type a post about which episodes I think have surpassed it and then trailed of course and is currently rewatching the show.

I've had it up to here!

soleil

Banned
No love for Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life ? The plot of trying to go out and retroactively get proof of events for a book of fake memoirs... so awesome. And Charlie and Dee showing each other their lives, haha. Cat food, beer, and glue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom