• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mediocre Chicago Style Pizza Produces Moderator Power Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasicMath

Do I have to take a side on this issue? Because I think both would be great. The only thing I've ever had is chain pizza and I don't think that even qualifies as pizza in the same way that Taco Bell isn't Mexican food.

TomShoe

Banned
FOH with that thin-crust shit. I'm not a bird.

chicago-deep-dish.jpg

HNNNNNNNNGH

As a San Francisco resident, San Francisco's inclusion on this list invalidates the entire list. Fuck this city's garbage pizza.

bounchfx

chicago style is fucking incredible when done right but I'm not even really sure it counts as pizza it's so different. NY is pretty top tier otherwise. I fucking love pizza. I want pizza now, ugh.

guek

Banned
Las Vegas? What the fuck. I lived there for 4 years, the pizza there is OK at best with maybe one or two exceptions

I've never even been to Chicago and even I know that deep-dish being "Chicago style" is a myth.

From everyone I've talked to, including ChicagoGAF, true Chicago style pizza is thin crust cut into squares. The deep-dish variety is much more rare, and is more of a tourist attraction than anything else.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I had Pequod's when I took a trip to Chicago (which I took mainly to try out new foods).

It was heavenly.

The best pizza I've had.

I've had both and both were pretty average. Chain restaurant pizza, to me, has always had the best tasting. Standing small business pizza usually is garbage tier.

Sums up the debate pretty well

I will say that Lou manalti's is the best deep dish in Chicago, pretty damn delicious but it's not something you'd want more then once every several months

And for someone who's lived in Washington, D.C., someone please explain to me what's special about DC pizza and how it made that list

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
You can call deep dish pizza whatever you want, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious.

Daingurse

My favorite Chicago pizza isn't even deep-dish. Beggars and Giordano's do pizza better than any other place I've tried.

I'll be in Chicago in a couple months, where do I go for a good deep dish?

Lou Malnati's
Pequod's

Don't go to Gino's East. Overrated and the wait is not worth it. I see lines out the door for that place... I shake my head in confusion

I want a deep dish pizza now.

Chicago may be number 1, but do they have a Sbarro's? That's like my favorite NYC pizza chain. ;)

There's a Sbarro's in Ogilvie Transportation Center. At least, there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom