• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Hope it's $20 or less.
Maybe this time people will see how mediocre it is without the Wii U gimmicks.
Actually, the Wii U gimmicks made it mediocre, without the gimmicks its probably now just a bad game.

Not really losing much without the game pad, haven't played it since launch but all I remember was an inventory screen and a couple of gimmicky keypad sections

Paskil

Currently, the video has 10 upvotes and 10 downvotes. Curious to see how much of the crazy subsection of the pro-Nintendo crowd show up to downvote, due to it no longer being exclusive.

SerTapTap

That actually looks worse than the Wii U version somehow. And (I assume, otherwise it would have been mentioned) no extras to make up for the lack of Gamepad is disappointing.

Still, a great game is a great game and it deserves another chance.

Nah it's the same, the game just kinda always looked not great. It's just more noticeable now that we've seen PS4/Xbone games

no information on whether it is a quick port or if they've tweaked anything? Just a tiny bit more variety in melee weapons would be nice.

There are guns (I think) and melee weapons not in ZombiU in the trailer. Nothing else looked new.

Digital Only. Me not like this

It's $12 on Amazon for Wii U. Buy a digital copy to play and a physical for your shelf if nothing else.

Anung

Un Rama
Amazing game. Probably one of the best Wii Titles and a amazing survival horror experience. People need to get on this.

Digital only though? :(

Fantastic! I'm glad more people get to play the game, and I'm doubly glad that Ubisoft didn't let the IP die on the Wii U. I'm curious as to how they plan on implementing the Gamepad functions. They played a big part in shaping the games atmosphere.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Not really losing much without the game pad, haven't played it since launch but all I remember was an inventory screen and a couple of gimmicky keypad sections

Yeah you're right. There were people saying the gamepad integration is an essential part of the game, but I don't see that at all.

Piccoro

It would be cool if they emulated the Wii U's second screen functionality, through the Vita or mobile, but I'm not counting on it...

bumpkin

no information on whether it is a quick port or if they've tweaked anything? Just a tiny bit more variety in melee weapons would be nice.
It looks like a quick port to me. They probably put all of their efforts into doing on-screen inventory management menus since you will no longer have a second screen.

Yeah you're right. There were people saying the gamepad integration is an essential part of the game, but I don't see that at all.
I felt like it added to the immersion.

I'll probably give it a shot, because this was one of the few games that almost made me pull the trigger on a WiiU.

Not sure if I trust Ubi with the PC version though. Anyone know if this will be a full $60 release?

Currently, the video has 10 upvotes and 10 downvotes. Curious to see how much of the crazy subsection of the pro-Nintendo crowd show up to downvote, due to it no longer being exclusive.

I think it's stupid to even bring this to the conversation, particularly on GAF, where I would hope we're above this shit.

I'm glad more people will get to play this game, as it's really underrated.

Kup

Loved this on Wii U, although part of the excellence was the use of the Wii U Gamepad. I wonder how that will translate over to the other platforms?

Why didn't they show this at E3? And 'Digital Only' hmm.

Will give it a shot, always wanted to check out the Wii U version, but the gamepad seemed to add a lot of neat ideas. Also I wonder if they've tweaked things so (from what I heard at the time) that the cricket bat isn't the go to weapon for the game?

Guys the second screen stuff was neat but it doesnt even make the list of my favorite parts of the game

Its just a damn good survival horror FPS with some of the most addictive stealth, combat and resource management

The encounters and setpieces, the environments and tone? Top notch

Shame the visuals arent getting a larger bump... thats gonna stick out. They really need to price this appropriately

Jawmuncher

But Gpeople told me it couldn't happen because of the Gamepad mechanics! Glad more people get to play it. Hopefully it does well enough that they consider a second.

Reebot

Awesome, this game is rad. Highly recommended.

I look forward to once again seeing the waves upon waves of survivors who die at the first major horde encounter.

Nice for those who haven't played it. Don't think I'll double dip since I wouldn't be playing with the Gamepad. Probably get it for cheap.

Buy it peeps!

Announced 3 weeks before launch, digital only and completely ignored at E3. Ubisoft are showing such faith!

Still, more effort than Activision put into the Prototype "Remasters".

Ive always been quite interested in playing it, will wait and see what reviews say though + price

Pejo

I really need to get back into playing this on Wii U. I'll probably double dip on PC when it's on sale too, for longevity's sake.

But Gpeople told me it couldn't happen because of the Gamepad mechanics!

Who told you that? It couldn't have been people who actually played the game, as it's pretty obvious to anyone who actually has played it that the gamepad usage, while cool, is far from essential.

VanWinkle

Trailer was really cool. Loved that music. Shame they didn't improve the graphics, but I assume it's a budget release since it's digital only.

Not saying the game is bad but, I think you are missing something by not looking down at the gamepad while zombies come at you. That said the game is still pretty good.

I hope it isn't a bad port.

SerTapTap

I'd hope they at least got the game to 1080/60.

The trailer being 30 FPS makes me have my doubts, but they could just be idiots at making trailers

Not saying the game is bad but, I think you are missing something by not looking down at the gamepad while zombies come at you.

That said I hope it isn't a bad port.

The primary problem with that gimmick is there is almost no reasonable situation where you would ever be doing that. You sort your shit when they're dead. Makes it a minor twist on Dead Space's inventory really, not a huge game changer.

RK128

Wow, the trailer music is fantastic; perfectly sets the mood of the game's horror and combat elements :).

Hope that people give the game a shot with it being on consoles that would get the game; it being a zombie game alongside it being dark/violent will sell a lot better on Sony/Microsoft/PC platforms then Wii U (sadly :().

I wonder if they are incorporating MS Smart Glass for X1 and PS Vita Controller Support for PS4 to emulate the Wii U controls, would be very interesting to see that happen :).

Here's a daft question - will this have relatively low requirements on PC? I have a fairly weak system. If it's much like it was on Wii U, I think I'll be fine, but it'd be cool to know...

Jawmuncher

Who told you that? It couldn't have been people who actually played the game, as it's pretty obvious to anyone who actually has played it that the gamepad usage, while cool, is far from essential.

I'm not into eating crow threads, but there was a lot of posts about it awhile back. I agree though they're nice but not essential to the game.

Top Bottom