• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Capcom Profit Jumps 100%. MH4U at 3.9m worldwide"

Son Of D

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-profit-jumps-100-thanks-in-part-to-devil-ma/1100-6429308/

A key contributor to Capcom's success in the quarter was Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, which the company said "sold well," with the majority of units sold digitally. In addition, other titles, including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations 2, and Resident Evil HD enjoyed "robust" sales.

Also MH4U has sold over 3.9m worldwide.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has now sold more than 3.9 million units worldwide, Capcom said.

// Mod Edit:

Here's the relevant IR statement:

Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that net sales increased to 14,541 million yen (up 51.9% from the previous year) in the 3 months of fiscal year ending March 31, 2016. As for profits, operating income rose to 2,026 million yen (up 59.8% from the previous year), and ordinary income to 2,135 million yen (up 74.5% from the previous year). Net income attributable to owners of the parent increased to 1,569 million yen (up 104.9% from the previous year).

During the 3 months of the Digital Contents business, "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition" sold well in addition to the robust repeat sales and digital download sales of other titles such as "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate", "Resident Evil Revelations 2" and "Resident Evil (HD Remastered)" particularly in overseas markets.

Furthermore, in the Amusement Equipments business, the long-awaited "Resident Evil 6" made an excellent start with 19 thousand units, supported by the loyal fans and led the improvement in revenue as it contributed to the increase in sales.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e150730b.html

gdt

Umm we have no idea how much DMC4SE contributed. All those other games put in work too and there's no indication DMC4SE outsold those.

Dahbomb

dahbombsignalztj6e.png

It's time to call back Vergil for DMC5.

DMC5: The Dark Vergil Returns

VariantX

I'm glad it did do well, it wasn't just a straight re-master, it added a quite a significant amount of new stuff to the game and its more than worth re-purchasing if you loved Vanilla DMC4.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well of course the "majority" of sales were digital, that was the only option everywhere but Japan!

I think we're fast approaching the point where Capcom is just going to re-release every major game they've ever made.

Which I'm fine with if it gets me a port of UG&G.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
After playing DMC4 SE I was hoping DmC DE would do better. I really didn't like DMC4. Mechanically it was awesome but holy crap was everything else bad.

I'm glad the series may get another chance at life but I really hope the design of the rest of the game is up to snuff if people have shown that much of a preference for DMC4. I want that combat but with far better design to back it up.

Dinda

I'm glad for Devil May Cry, and i'm looking forward for a new one (with Lady as one of the protagonists)

But Capcom why don't you realize how well a Super Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen HD Turbo would sell? (especially for the first time on PC.....) why??? Capcom you dummies:(

Baleoce

I know that GAME and the UK in general is a law unto itself in terms of retail pricing. But I went in last week and saw Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS on sale for £20, and today I went into the exact same store, and saw it "on sale" for £35.

Top Bottom