• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 DIrector's Cut to be released October 13th

jond76

Banned
Kickstarted this based on nostalgia and never played it. I just don't PC game anymore. Probably double dip on Xbox.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sweet I guess I will finally get around finishing the game than since FFXIV has take so much time out of me.

Tigress

Damn... too close to Fallout (I get the feeling Wastelands 2 is a game that might last a while) and also might still be playing Mad Max then.

I guess this is good overall though cause it means by the time I'm ready to play it, it will be cheaper.

October?! Alright 2015 now has officially too many games that I want to play. WL2 will be a great way to get into a post-apocalyptic state of mind in the run-up to FO4 in November.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This game is going to get absolutely mauled by Fallout 4 which is a damn shame since it's probably the far stronger game.

The non directors cut version was certainly better then anything Bethesda has farted out anyways.

vocab

This game is going to get absolutely mauled by Fallout 4 which is a damn shame since it's probably the far stronger game.

The non directors cut version was certainly better then anything Bethesda has farted out anyways.

Ya, I was expecting this month. I guess they needed the time. I look forward to playing it.

Duraigo

Wasn't able to get it to PC due to hardware limitations, but will definitely pick it up for PS4. Just hope the controls work well for a controller.

cirrhosis

Good to get a release date on it. Was beginning to think they'd never release this. Hopefully the mod tools are sufficient and relatively comprehensive.

kevin1025

Banned
Mad Max, Wasteland 2, and Fallout 4 this fall?

Time to start stocking up on bottled water, football pads, and assless chaps!

Worthwhile investments!

I'm conflicted, it's $26 on GamersGate at the moment for PC, and I don't believe there's a price on the PS4 version yet. Decisions!

aravuus

I thought it was supposed to be out in summer? It is a bit later than I was hoping for but oh well, at least we now have a date. Really excited to finally give the game a try!

whoaduh

Damn. Was hoping for a late august release. This and Divinity: Originial Sin in the same month is too much for me. I'll go with Divinity first and get Wasteland 2 during a slow month next year.

Really curious about this. I had never heard of it, or the original. But it came up in a couple of recent PC sales, and i found the cover art so attractive i had to click & find out more. Learned The original was an old legend, and that the long awaited sequel garnered good reviews.

My question to those that own it: is it any good, and will i enjoy it, if i like chocolate ice cream & pictures of badgers?

The cover art had me imagining it as a third person tank based cover shooter, but I'm down for whatever.

Can't wait for all the people that will claim this is a Fallout ripoff.

Tigress

Can't wait for all the people that will claim this is a Fallout ripoff.

As a fallout fan, I'd find that hilarious. If you are going to be a fallout fan, know the history of fallout.

That being said, I don't know if you'll see that. The people most likely to see the resemblance are old school fallout fans who most likely also know their fallout history.

akira28

I've been holding off on getting into Wasteland 2 until the essential version comes out.

I know they say that they're basically different games, plot, path, etc. But I still want to play the game in its perfect version.

The game has shifted to Unity 5, new voice work, perks and content. Free upgrade for current owners iirc.

Take note, other developers and publishers out there (that aren't CD Project Red). This is how you should treat your customers. This is how you get me to respect you.

Character models don't seem too much different yet, hopefully they look better closer to release.

They look substantially better, the style is the game though, but the graphical fidelity is way above what it released on. I remember opening the chracter creation screen for the first time, shudders

Top Bottom