• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Windows 10? Show me your desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
d3YClpO.png

la la

706h6Xm.jpg

Does anyone know how to not repeat the taskbar on the second monitor? It's weird and I don't care for it.

Edit: nevermind, I just figured it out!

What's the point of having a desktop if you aren't going to clutter it with icons?

Boooo! I was actually going to say, I love the fact that there are so many completely clean desktops here. I have 0 icons on my desktop. Not even the Recycle Bin.

The point, for me, is to look at mywallpaper. I spend a lot of time on Interfacelift getting 2560x1600 images for my Dell 30" and I want to see them in all their glory.

Applications and games should be pinned to taskbar or start menu. Files should be organized in their respective user folders and My Computer can go in the Start menu or taskbar quick access toolbar. Recycle Bin doesn't need to be visible to delete things and you can empty every few weeks.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Pungza

How did you clean up your Start menu that much?

Go to Settings - > Personalisation -> Start

Turn everything off, then click on 'Choose which folders appear on start' at the bottom. Turn on the ones you want.

gWv2JBp.png

Then right click and unpin all the tiles, and drag the right side across to remove blank space

I think I'm going to do most stuff via the tiles and leave the desktop completely clean. I just got my clean install all setup so now I'm ready to reinstall my software. I usually have a rotation of different games I got hyped for so it becomes a slideshow of all the past games I've played since like 2011.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Go to Settings - > Personalisation -> Start

Turn everything off, then click on 'Choose which folders appear on start' at the bottom. Turn on the ones you want.

gWv2JBp.png

Then right click and unpin all the tiles, and drag the right side across to remove blank space

Cool thanks

Win10 gives everyone that sterile but customizable desktop. Its funny how everyone looks the same essentially with obvious differences. I guess the Windows unification was a success!

Some of my icons are small and I hate it. It's been that way for years,

You can change them usually by right click > properties > change icon. You just need to find a larger .png online somewhere.

Also, why do you have a desktop shortcut for Chrome and Steam as well as having it pinned on your taskbar?

How'd you get rid of the tiles?

Anyways, I love seeing so many people that realize that an icon-plastered desktop looks like shit.
all I did was right click > unpin on everything, then dragged the start menu from the right to shrink it

Looking at the screenshot of the settings, I think I disabled all of those options during install

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
You can change them usually by right click > properties > change icon. You just need to find a larger .png online somewhere.

Also, why do you have a desktop shortcut for Chrome and Steam as well as having it pinned on your taskbar?
That's a good idea, thanks.

There's no particular reason for having Steam and Chrome on the desktop, I just like having it there. It's also a little bit easier to open another Chrome window if one of them is minimized.

it can but it isn't the same. they made the tiles smaller so you have to add ones you don't use otherwise it's just empty space and the animation when you hit the windows key is much much slower

Well fuck, that's disappointing

Suddenly I'm not sure I want to upgrade right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom