• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': August 2015

Strike

Finally got the platinum for Resogun a few days ago. Getting pretty close to finishing Resistance: Retribution.

Fa5zEOJ.jpg

Warframe (PS4) - Put a little over an hour into this so far. F2P isn't usually my thing, but I was a fan of the original Dark Sector concept and seeing that come back in any form got me interested enough to give this a shot. Gameplay doesn't really seem too deep on first impression. It has a lot of customization options.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've started Kirby's Triple Deluxe. First Kirby game, and I'm liking it so far. I was looking for a game to play on the plane, and this kind of mellow platforming seems perfect for it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Pretty close to finishing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - will beat the game this weekend for sure and then,.. probably will playthrough Ground Zeroes again before TPP launch :)

Joey Ravn

Banned
I beat Dragon Quest 1 on GBC, then started DQ2 (on the same cartridge, actually).

I also made the switch from Xenoblade Chronicles 3D to regular Xenoblade on Wii. I haven't made much progress, since I've been trying to catch up with the N3DS version.

I'm about to start MGS2 for the first time on Vita... if I ever get the time!

I'm also hoping I can play Diablo III again once Season 4 starts and the new patch rolls in.

Destiny - Played the beta and decided that the game wasn't for me and gave it a miss. Jumped in recently for 34 (Australian) dollars and have really mixed feelings on it. The story missions feel like shooting galleries and none of the enemy encounters feel designed. They just kinda exist. Not to mention "press square to Dinklage". The patrols haven't interested me due to the same reasons. I've enjoyed the strikes though, which has surprised me as I tend to steer clear of online competitive/co-op modes of most games. But it is satisfying to work with a small team to defeat the bosses/bullet sponges. I think I'm too late to the party for the crucible and have been getting beaten quite convincingly. Reflexes aren't what they used to be! And the end game grind doesn't interest me, so it's disappointing that I didn't really get any impressive armour or weapons during the campaign. I still enjoyed the mechanics, and found the shooting to be satisfying.

Rocket League - Took me by surprise and has swept me off my feet. This is the most I've ever played an online game and I haven't had this much fun since the old goldeneye/mario kart sessions I had with my mates growing up. Simple controls with a level of mastery that can separate you from the field, make this an immensely satisfying game. This one is 100% gameplay, with all the modern gaming fat trimmed off. Brilliant.

stn

Destiny (XBO) - Co-op with a friend, love it. Level 4 at the moment. If not for multiplayer I'd definitely get bored of it, however.

Mortal Kombat X (XBO) - Playing Kano, loving it. Good fighter overall.

Might go through what's left of my X360 backlog. But this is it for now.

Stevey

Dead Space 2 on PC, replaying the series again, finished the original the other night, it's still the best in the series IMO.

MGS: Ground Zeroes on Xbox One, already finished it on PC but it was free a while back in GWG, so tried that to see how it performed. Ran nice and smooth.

MGS 3 PS3, trying to get through this and Peace Walker before TPP hits.

Strike

Haven't really had any time to play Warframe (I probably will next week), but I managed to finish Resistance: Retribution yesterday. A worthy addition to the franchise. Breezed through it for the most part, though that last boss fight was a bit harder than I thought it would be.

Sps4g8w.jpg

God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP via Vita BC) - About to start this soon.

N° 2048

Still Playing:
Persona 4 Golden: Amazing.
Witcher 3: Yea. Staying on backlog lol. Too much to do. Saving for a gaming drought.
Danganronpa 2: Getting ready for Despair Girls

Started:
Until Dawn: great game to play with the GF

Finished:
Actual Sunlight: Just wow. Play this if you have any awareness of mental health issues.

PaulBizkit

Beaten:
Danganronpa

Playing:
Ico on ps3
Gods Eater Burst

Short-term backlog:
FF type-0
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Digimon re:Digitize

Everything on my trusty psp (minus Ico).

DTJAAAAM

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. Never finished the game when it was first released, but had an urge to play SF and wanted to see the rest of the new content.

Top Bottom