• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2015 |OT| Fully Inflated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
U0XnkZe.png

Welcome to the GAF Justice League, a fantasy football league where we wager something much more valuable than money: our pride and honor!

2014 CHAMPIONS said:
vjMPcjQ.png
eQcyzmP.png
gyNl1Np.png

GJLP - iAmMaximus - The Lore Trophy
GJL2 - Vyer - The Bish Trophy
GJL3 - cr_blah_blah - The blame space Trophy

(2014 GJL thread)
(2013 GJL thread)

CURRENT INFO / UPDATES / NEWS / LM NOTES ARE IN POST #2
If you are banned and need to contact us, email GAFJusticeLeague@gmail.com. Please include your GAF username.

THE RULES said:
1. Basic Rules: 0.5 PPR, fractional scoring, one week games, waivers = inverse standings 2. Playoffs: 6 teams, division winners get a bye, one-week games (so 3 weeks) 3. Promotion and Relegation: Top 4 teams move up (thus, division winners automatically move up, if you've been paying attention). Middle 4 teams stay where they are. Bottom 4 teams move down. Obviously if you're in the Premiere League you can't move up, and if you're in League 3 you can't move down 4. Record Tie Breakers: Record > Head-to-Head Record > Points For. If you can break that, then congratulations 5. AFK: Don't do it, please. 3 strikes and you will be booted 6. Divisions: Will be assigned once members are confirmed

GJLP said:
JX6LtYc.png

GJLP

GAMING
iAmMaximus - Dorito Dinks
smokeymicpot - Michael Raimo's Team
that omega guy - Miracle Water
LQX - Eli's Red Bucket
Bonethug - BT's Skullcrackers
Fletcher - Fletcher

OFF TOPIC
Jayhawk - Straw Hat Pirates
Vyer - Only Goodell Forgives
ErasureAcer - Da Bernie Blitz
Teptom - DJ Roomba
youngplaya21 - King Jameis LM
Rawr its Ry - Kap'N Crunch

GJL2 said:
hWuuXk7.png

GJL2

GAMING
SleazyC - Putin Karate Chop
thebigmanjosh - Golden Tate Warriors
Future Foundation - Nanobubbles
GK86 - Password is Taco
lastflowers - CEEJ MOBILE
ccbfan - ccbfan Team of ??

OFF-TOPIC
Mazre - Rabid Lobsters
kelik - Kelika Beasts
DarkFlow - Gronky Kong LM
cr_blah_blah - Blahoholics
sangreal - Shots Fired
ShinRPGamer - Shin RPGamer FC

GJL3 said:
e2TIEbE.png

GJL3

GAMING
Arkos - Stupendous Men LM
Frustrated_Grunt - Feeling it Mr Krabs
Violence Jack - hunter8man
GatorBait - Judge Berman 4 MVP
kingocfs - wingkongex
TheOutsider - Iron Legion

OFF-TOPIC
Rudakus - Rudakus's Rad Team
PassiveObserver - Chip's Black Friend
vphys - Beastmode
Compbros - The Rips Cost Extra
ironmang - ArmagHEADon
Doorakz - Hawks

ON-DECK CIRCLE said:
Clobersaurus15
Wisker
goober

Arkos

INFO / UPDATES / NEWS / LM NOTES

LM NOTE said:
September 10, 2015,

giphy.gif

It's go time fuckers! Good luck everyone. Speak up about any issues. Let's make this the best fantasy season ever!

LM NOTE said:
September 6, 2015,

Oops oops oops.

I thought the draft times were set for EDT, but they were actually set for PDT. So the draft is now at September 6 (today) 9 EDT/6 PDT.

Sorry for the confusion

LM NOTE said:
August 29 2015,

Okay, the leagues are set and invites have been sent through PMs! Please join ASAP so that I can set the schedules.

Once you join, please post your team name in the thread in the highlight tag [ highlight][ /highlight] so that we can keep track of that (and post again if it changes). It becomes confusing when we're trying to figure out which team name corresponds to which GAF member.

Also, once you join, you may as well consider these heads up that Yahoo gives about our shiny new auction draft:

YAHOO said:
The draft will last up to approximately 2 hours 15 mins.
Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
Update your player values up until 45 minutes before your draft.
Join a mock auction draft to practice your draft strategy.

YAHOO said:

Looking forward to a great season everyone! Remember, the ONE thing that we ask of you is that you be active and play every week. If you are AFK, you get the AFK chicken.

ukvb0AK.jpg

Cheers!

LM NOTE said:
August 6 2015,

Hi everybody! Well, I had to miss a chunk of last season, which was a bummer, but it looks like everything went pretty smoothly, thanks in no small part to the work of youngplaya21. Huge thanks to him. Everything should be pretty much the same this year, just more streamlined and efficient. I'll try to note any changes that are being planned. Below is the roster for each league. LM's are noted. I can't actively manage all three leagues and run my own team, so each league has its own LM. I will be LM of GJL3, the best league, because higher numbers are better. There are a few people whose GAF names no longer exist or they are banned, so if you are one of those people or know one of those people do us a solid and speak up. Everybody else, you speak up too and reserve your spot, and I'll send out some PM's in the near future to try to get a good head count of who is coming back and who is not. I will also send out league invites when the leagues are set and ready.

Draft is Sunday September 6th, 9 PM EDT (Sunday after last preseason game).

(Potential) Changes
1. Are we still using Yahoo? Need to know if this is the preferred site.
2. This year we are doing auction draft. Try new things!

As always, this is a "democracy" so speak up about any issues or suggestions and we will all consider them. That being said, bear in mind that it can be difficult to institute or reach agreement on some changes, especially given our size. Also bear in mind that, as in any democracy, sometimes things won't go your way. But that's the beautiful thing about the GAF Justice League, the great GAF Fantasy Football experiment! We aren't a static dictatorship ruled by power and money. Ultimately you, the people, run this league. That's it for now. Fuck you guys Good luck everyone.

-- Arkos

Jamie OD

I decided I won't take part in the league this year. I've other hobbies taking up my time now. Thanks for letting me play the last two seasons.

Arkos

Relegated!

I'll have my revenge! (probably not...)

Welcome to the club lol. My true plan has always been to get relegated all the way to 3 so then I can win all 3 in successive years though, so everything's going according to plan :p

I decided I won't take part in the league this year. I've other hobbies taking up my time now. Thanks for letting me play the last two seasons.

Hate to see you go; love to watch you leave

YuCizhg.gif

I'm interested if spots open up.

I'll put you on the waiting list and message rCizzle (first on waiting list) since we've already got one leaving. Chances are probably good for you, but don't hold me to that

kelik

Ah nice, I don't believe I have any other drafts that day. Oh also this is my official "I'm down to play another season".... Thing?

Arkos

This thread so far is not giving me hope.

People not showing up you mean? If it's that don't worry yet at least, I haven't tried PMing anybody (will do that if it's getting close to go time) and we haven't been on the first page much at all.

EDIT: and actually, we have 11/36 teams confirmed, and when you add in JamieOD bowing out, that's 1/3 of the league reporting in only ~4 days, not too bad.

I'm in. I also have never done an Auction draft.

How would the Auction draft affect no shows for the draft?

I haven't done Auction either! Looking forward to trying my hand at it. And I'm not exactly sure how it would affect no shows, great question, anybody know? If nobody knows I'll google it I'm just lazy right now lol.

Arkos

So I've been checking out our membership and a few people are banned, they all seem to be temporary bans, and a few people are inactive. For the most part, I think people just haven't seen the thread yet. This post will be added to post #2 as an LM note, so you can see how that works. Information follows.

If you have any information on banned players please share it. If you are banned and need to contact us, email GAFJusticeLeague@gmail.com. Please include your GAF username.

Also what is texfan's GAF name now? He's the only person I can't track down

BANNED:
that omega guy
ErasureAcer
Future Foundation

INACTIVE:
OJdaKiller (last active 6/2, message sent)
SuicideUZI (last active 7/22, message sent)

INVALID GAF NAME:
Texfan

Everybody else is active in the past week, so we're looking good. If you can give us any help on these situations it would be appreciated. Otherwise, carry on.

Vyer

Texfan is a buddy of mine, but he's not a GAF member. afaik his email info should be still active for invites. I'll hit him up and see if he still plans on playing.

I've been unbanned(so good timing with the thread). =) Sorry guys. I walk into threads and don't know when to leave. I'll try not to be banned this season as I was for part of last season.

So are we doing the stupid auction draft or the awesome snake? I also suggest the waiver wire and free agency is the bid system and not rotated.

Arkos

Sweet. In about a weekish if everybody hasn't checked in I'll send out PMs. There is plenty of room in the on deck circle too for newcomers

Wow, didn't even know a thread was made yet: let's do this!

And we doing Yahoo or ESPN this year?

Edit: And it probably would've helped to put Fantasy football in the thread title somewhere! That's probably why the thread isn't that active yet

Arkos

Wow, didn't even know a thread was made yet: let's do this!

And we doing Yahoo or ESPN this year?

Edit: And it probably would've helped to put Fantasy football in the thread title somewhere! That's probably why the thread isn't that active yet

Doh lol. You think it's worth asking a mod to change?

Arkos

I'm not saying get rid of people, I'm saying if we don't get enough to fill out 3 groups, they need to be grouped up in the other 2.

I KNOW GAH

We have contingency plans for this, don't worry. This is your GJL2 LM guys. This pitiful Sophie Turner shipper. I hope you're happy.

I'm sorry I'm just kidding lol
But seriously, google "Sophie Turner ship"

Arkos

Texfan is a buddy of mine, but he's not a GAF member. afaik his email info should be still active for invites. I'll hit him up and see if he still plans on playing.

Okay we're waiting on you for confirmation.

And cr_blah_blah, League Champion, getting banned, professional move. CR, email me at the address in the OP please to let me know that you're still active.

Vyer

Okay we're waiting on you for confirmation.

And cr_blah_blah, League Champion, getting banned, professional move. CR, email me at the address in the OP please to let me know that you're still active.

He says he'll play. Do you need him to email that new gmail address? I'll pass it on.

DarkFlow

Banned
I KNOW GAH

We have contingency plans for this, don't worry. This is your GJL2 LM guys. This pitiful Sophie Turner shipper. I hope you're happy.

I'm sorry I'm just kidding lol
But seriously, google "Sophie Turner ship"
I'm going to edit points every week so I win.

Arkos

Still waiting on:

GJLP

that omega guy
LQX
Teptom

GJL2

Mazre (I'm playing mafia with him as we speak so I know he's here)
CouldBeWorse

GJL3

OJdakiller (last active 6/2, possible no-show)
SuicideUZI (last active 7/22, possible no-show)
darkiguana
Samyy
thebigmanjosh
Rudakus

PM's have been sent, we obviously have a need for replacements (PM's have been sent to waiting list as well). Worst case scenario, GJL3 will take place with fewer teams (less people for me to beat makes me sadface)

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Still waiting on:

GJLP

that omega guy
LQX
Teptom

GJL2

Mazre (I'm playing mafia with him as we speak so I know he's here)
CouldBeWorse

GJL3

OJdakiller (last active 6/2, possible no-show)
SuicideUZI (last active 7/22, possible no-show)
darkiguana
Samyy
thebigmanjosh
Rudakus

PM's have been sent, we obviously have a need for replacements (PM's have been sent to waiting list as well). Worst case scenario, GJL3 will take place with fewer teams (less people for me to beat makes me sadface)

Count me in for GAF Justice League 3 again for this year! Wouldn't mind moving up to the big leagues if some of those guys don't show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom