• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

69wpm

Oooh nice, two weapons!

Custom Range Blaster will have splat bombs and kraken, while the Custom E-Liter Scope should have the usual beakons and kraken.

Oh yeah, now I can annoy those stupid Rollers with my own Kraken. This will work nicely during Tower Control.

Zing

Banned
The whiners (whingers I guess, since they are European) on that Twitter post show that most players have little clue as to what makes certain weapons and tactics work so well. They blindly assume Kraken is overpowered.

Diffense

I've been using the heck out of the Range Blaster since it came out (switched from Blaster because the extra range helps on some maps while inkstrike is nice for Splat Zones). The Splash Wall, witih its huge ink consumption, and the main weapon's lower fire rate and power took some getting used to but I like it now. I had to learn to be patient and play at a pace that the weapon could sustain.

I'll definitely be trying out the Custom Range Blaster. I'm not a huge fan of the Kraken but I love Splat Bombs and have missed them since I switched from the Splattershot Jr. and Splattershot Pro. I haven't been playing with chargers at all but I get the general impression that Burst Bombs are more useful for e-liters than Squid Beakons. They're so slow that the quick option at close range is handy. The Kraken on the custom can work similarly but you won't always have it.

Kito

Neo, Deco, Custom, Nouveau - is there any rhyme or reason behind these confusing names? I wish alternates were numbered. Reminds me when Apple named iPad 3 'new iPad'.

Neo, Deco, Custom, Nouveau - is there any rhyme or reason behind these confusing names? I wish alternates were numbered. Reminds me when Apple named iPad 3 'new iPad'.

Ryechu pointed out somewhere much earlier in the thread that they are brands that are simply left without proper names. You can see design similarities the same way you can on the clothing.

Geg

Yeah each "brand" has its own naming convention for the variant weapons. The only exception seems to be when Sheldon makes the variant for a weapon that already exists (ie Custom Splattershot Jr, New Squiffer, and the Kelp chargers)

Also yeah it's weird that we're already getting the variants for the E-Liter Scope and Range Blaster. Luna Neo, Neo Sploosh, and Octobrush Nouveau continue to go neglected

You don't need two damage mains for a blaster, if you have proper aim ;D
I'm excited for this blaster, but at the same time wouldn't want to face a blaster with kraken ):
At this point I'm wondering whether I'd rather face a Custom Blaster or a Custom Ranged Blaster. I guess Custom Blaster doesn't have a damaging sub, but Bubbler > Kraken and Custom Blaster will hit more consistently.

ChrisD

You don't need two damage mains for a blaster, if you have proper aim ;D
I'm excited for this blaster, but at the same time wouldn't want to face a blaster with kraken ):

The damage is for bombs. One shot firing from the main blaster, deadly long range bombs for sub! o/

So according to the squidboards thread on the octoling hacker, the person responsible has had their console banned. Good news for the poor OP of the thread, so many people dogpiling on them calling them a liar and lots of other horrible things and acting all high and might about how the OP should have taken a video or had some sort of visual proof. When that person was only trying to warn people :(
Indeed someone (a Japanese player) called kazuki23650214 did post a image of their banned system on the 2nd October (on the wara plaza they get error 102-2812 which the English version says "online services are unavailable on this console") but prior to that asked NWPlayer123 for help regarding their friends crashed plaza :(

It is worth noting that their in-game name didn't seem to be kazuki23650214. The name everyone witch hunted though was apparently some innocent Chilean who also got banned :(

ryechu

Indeed someone (a Japanese player) called kazuki23650214 did post a image of their banned system on the 2nd October (on the wara plaza they get error 102-2812 which the English version says "online services are unavailable on this console") but prior to that asked NWPlayer123 for help regarding their friends crashed plaza :(

It is worth noting that their in-game name didn't seem to be kazuki23650214. The name everyone witch hunted though was apparently some innocent Chilean who also got banned :(

punishing the hacker with a console ban when he likely didnt anticipate that it would bug other people's plazas seems harsh.

ChrisD

Happening immediately after my last post...

imgur.com/hUJ7E1s

I will wear the Captain's Hat throughout the Splatfest!

Forget it, I can't get the image to work, hotlink it is

E: YOOOOO

Now hotlink doesn't want to work either, but I rolled two Damage Up subs on my Captains Hat! Not a triple, but I will gladly take it!

NotLiquid

Guys...

Have you seen this?

KofUoDV.png

NotLiquid

Yeah it's for the Japanese splatfest. They just forgot to make it not change in the English version of the site

Interestingly enough the Japanese tweet that points the hijack mentions something among the lines of "hope for a truce" or something of the sort. Despite being a Squid vs. Octo tie-in I'm thinking it's going to eventually tie into an update. Seems a little too much effort even for a Splatfest.

ChrisD

Full team wipe.
Die against the last person.
"We've got this for sure"
Whole team scatters away from the RM and goes back to cover our base.
Which was already covered enough to maneuver.

>:[

I hope Octolings are going to be revealed soon. I don't see ever using them, but imagine all the new faces you'd see
wearing the same meta clothing sets
!

Diffense

Today I changed my gear to reduced squid jump and respawn, because you get killed a lot in that mode and it helps. With the Luna Blaster I can kill a lot of people, sometimes 2,3 or 4 in a row and defend or attack a splat zone, so that's what I mostly do. Unless I have idiots on my team who don't paint the ground. Then I take my time to cover the important areas before I do anything.

I don't know how people get to S and have still not learned to cover the freaking ground in ranked. It's so incredibly important to have your ink on the ground so you can move freely around or escape if necessary.

When I die a lot it's mostly because nobody inks the ground. I'm pretty much dead if I can't catch people by surprise because of my reduced range.

OK, your last sentence is so spot on.

I rage about it all the time. I'm pretty much a Blaster->Range Blaster main since several months ago. The most frustrating teams to play on are those that keep dying and then jumping into the heat of things without painting the ground from base. If I can't get near the action and have some room to move I'm useless. While I can do some painting myself, once I attract attention I have to run from most other weapons because they have better range. Ideally, I should be able to move around near the action and pick people off before they can react which means I need pre-existing avenues into the fray.

Diffense

My God, how narrow minded can people be. Always go the same route, alway die at the same place. Meanwhile I run circles around the enemy and spam the come here button, nobody gives a shit. Let's all die together huehuehue.

96 points, so close. Lost a game because our Brush user was a huge pussy and didn't advance once to capture a zone.

Also made a nice triple kill with the luna blaster. Went into the enemy zone on Port, planted a mine. 3 people jumped me, 2 got killed by my Blaster, the last one went boom from the mine.

Once we were playing Splat Zones on Saltspray. We lost the area and my teammates were struggling to get back in but I was at the large area with the crane. I kept spamming c'mon and nobody cared. Eventually when I tried to make a solitary move from there the enemy ganged up on me and took me out. Spatoon can be very frustrating...lol

ah, this game is still fun. why did i stop playing. well let's try tower control

(other team is stacked with higher ranks, teammate quits halfway through, lose full points)

well you get bad luck, you get good luck

(my team is stacked with higher ranks this)

see

(they disconnect in the first 30 seconds, i lose extra points)

hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah now i remember

J@hranimo

Banned
ah, this game is still fun. why did i stop playing. well let's try tower control

(other team is stacked with higher ranks, teammate quits halfway through, lose full points)

well you get bad luck, you get good luck

(my team is stacked with higher ranks this)

see

(they disconnect in the first 30 seconds, i lose extra points)

hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah now i remember

Welcome back! Use the 96 gal deco :p

Come back to us!

I'll be playing the Splatfest for a while, at least. Beyond that I haven't been playing much mostly because of classes and homework. :(

Well, also, I'm conflicted between using my spare time on Splatoon, finishing a couple replays, and drawing (for once!). I really should make myself spare time for Splatoon at least a couple of hours a week. I do kinda miss playing with GAF.

Top Bottom