• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Haven't seen the MPP yet, but before I sacrifice my internet data: How...uhmmm "present" was the audience? A lot of people being comedians?

yami4ct

Haven't seen the MPP yet, but before I sacrifice my internet data: How...uhmmm "present" was the audience? A lot of people being comedians?

Mostly really good. Brought a lot of great energy. There were a couple of jokers that flopped really quick and one asshole who kept shouting "SKILL!", but other than that they actually added more than they took away.

Rainmaker

Banned

They weren't bad but that kind of stuff doesn't tend to bother me. I enjoy embarrassing Q&A's too. They added to the experience. The only dumb thing was one guy yelling "you can do it" like Adam Sandler films are still relevant but was quickly met by someone saying "I can't believe you just said that."

EDIT: Yeah the "skill" thing got a bit old really fast too.

Lijik

Youll never want to hear about how Mario Party takes skill ever again by the end of it but other than that the audience adds a lot to expereince, especially during the last five turns

Myggen

Heard Dan might've had some anxiety problems at the end of the MPP5 stream, hope he's alright. Looking forward to watching the archive tomorrow.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
drew stole the show with that ending. I fell asleep at like 20 turns then woke up to drew saying good game

Xater

I don't know if I want to make a thread out of it, but Notch is tweeting out some stuff. He sounds like a broken man.

Renpatsu

I don't know if I want to make a thread out of it, but Notch is tweeting out some stuff. He sounds like a broken man.
I guess someone already made the thread.

In any case you can certainly empathise with him. Ultimately I'd say it's an existential problem that he's in a fortunate position that he could find answers to without concern for monetary discretion. I imagine successful creatives all come to face this quandry at some point in their lives.

this new youtube player really sucks..you can't skip ahead... :/

The new YT player is fantastic for me. I can scan though videos really easy - the old setup was a mess for me. I am actually subing to more places since the update, as the damn thing is usable now.

It also was a PS+ game. Haven't even touched it because I didn't really care for the first one.

yeah, i know but i figured there might be some xb1 only folk in here who would like to try it out.

I liked the first one enough for what it really was, a puzzle platformer with stealth elements

Which one is the happening space? I don't even know

All those green spaces that either fuck you over or help you in some way.

When Jeff kept getting those bad rolls that will always lead to the happening space on those toy blocks, he started just taking the alternate path instead. If he had just had the happening star in mind, he could have at least tried to land on those spaces and won a star in the end. That way Drew wouldn't have won the last star that sealed his win.

The ending to MPP5 could have been a tiebreaker dice roll that would've decided if either Drew or Dan would win. How about that for a finale?

Xater

All those green spaces that either fuck you over or help you in some way.

When Jeff kept getting those bad rolls that will always lead to the happening space on those toy blocks, he started just taking the alternate path instead. If he had just had the happening star in mind, he could have at least tried to land on those spaces and won a star in the end. That way Drew wouldn't have won the last star that sealed his win.

The ending to MPP5 could have been a tiebreaker dice roll that would've decided if either Drew or Dan would win. How about that for a finale?

You wanted the finale to pile on more garbage? Nah, I think the ending was great.

You wanted the finale to pile on more garbage? Nah, I think the ending was great.

A winner being decided with a single dice roll would've been a horrible garbage moment of luck.

It is also in the spirit of Mario Party Party and as such I would be all up for it.

Tubobutts

Does it make me a bad person that I was relieved when the said they were doing Metal Gear Scanlon V because it means I am less tempted to buy the game at launch?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wonder why Patrick hasn't taken the stage with the duders yet. I hope it happens during the panel.

It's not going to be livestreamed in either case.

I+get+that+scarlet+johannson+is+hot+n+all+but+_ec20a731fc306a96fb5cc1ef5e0ee43e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom