• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake running on Gear VR

vermadas

https://youtu.be/DwAUHIUEiJg

Creator's post on reddit:

I felt compelled to share this, it's been my little holiday project and I've made pretty good progress.
Basically, I glued together a number of bits of other peoples work, and wrapped it all in the OVR Mobile SDK and then added some more functionality to make things like menus and the status bar VR friendly.
So far there's no sound (haven't got that working yet), however there is proper stereo projection, the head tracking is as smooth and low latency as you expect from a true Gear VR app, and it has full controller support (I use a Moga Pro).
I don't imagine this will be approved for the official Gear VR store, so I will probably talk to /u/skyworxx about putting it on the SideloadVR site once I have finished it off.

Can't wait to try this!

I was actually stunned at how well the original Doom worked in VR, you'd think with it being so old it would be laughable but it was surprisingly engrossing.

I'll definitely have to try Quake.

Top Bottom