• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

So did MOV get into CPT now? Or did he just get a boatload of points?

MOV didn't have any points before, so he's only halfway there for a CPT spot at 64 pt. Does win a spot in CPTA finals, and with the way that tournament is shaping up, he'll just have to finish ahead of a couple of people (Bonchan, Misse, and Nemo) since Infiltration and Xian already qualified.

DunpealD

My first edited video:
https://youtu.be/F2WLIbnb9Kk

Feedback is welcome.

Just as Dahbomb said, just Put j.HK/HP into the same combo sequence with both notations.
Another thing would be to cut away the full super animations to save some time.
It would also be nice if you could suggest some follow ups after a specific combo ender, since the always rampant problem about beginners is they don't think one step ahead of what comes AFTER a combo.
Last suggestion is to show people how to setup a specific combo like cross up jump.

I've been trying out Youtube's streaming service a lot this week. Giving every channel a quality selector, the ability to run ads, and a 4-hour DVR rewind function is so great. After being unable to secure a Twitch partnership for so long and being locked out of those extra features, it's tempting to make the switch at least temporarily and see how it goes.

Quick question. Is there some kind of extra option for Germany? I always see people saying youtube streaming doesn't work due to something called GEMA and somebody said it's some kind of option to avoid that.

K.Sabot

VydQjXi.jpg

Meanwhile in the anime stream

Just had to put one of my dogs down. Sucks.

Also, I dont get the "7 colored bomber" title. Where are the 7 colors?

I played Chun a ton during the early betas and played Bison for like 8 hours straight today. Chun seems better to me. Bison has some interesting tools but Chun is so versatile...
I think people are just getting stomped by Bison's frame traps because they are impatient and mash. I think he is a strong character, but I can't believe that he is a full tier above the rest right now. Also, Bison is probably the easiest character to play right now, right next to Ryu.

Is it possible to do both at the same time? (Run a stream on both youtube and twitch?)
Yes, there are restream and multistream plugins for OBS. I haven't tried then, though.

Just as Dahbomb said, just Put j.HK/HP into the same combo sequence with both notations.
Another thing would be to cut away the full super animations to save some time.
It would also be nice if you could suggest some follow ups after a specific combo ender, since the always rampant problem about beginners is they don't think one step ahead of what comes AFTER a combo.
Last suggestion is to show people how to setup a specific combo like cross up jump.

Quick question. Is there some kind of extra option for Germany? I always see people saying youtube streaming doesn't work due to something called GEMA and somebody said it's some kind of option to avoid that.
Thanks!

peter0611

Man, I miss Combofiend in the competitive scene. :-(
The guy is well-known for being the first (at east in U.S) to use "wonky", less popular characters and successfully showing off their offensive potential. I remember it best in CvS2, SF4, and of course MvC3. That's why it doesn't surprise me at all that R Mika was his original "girl"
sorry she-hulk!
. I almost wish Capcom would fire him so he could become the world's best R Mika, lol. His banter, trash talk and overall personality is also very infectious.

Capcom would be smart to aggressively push Peter in the public light alongside SFV. Maybe they could create periodic "inside the studio" videos with him talking about where he came from and what's going on in development in the game. I'd totally eat that up!

Tripon

Man, I miss Combofiend in the competitive scene. :-(
The guy is well-known for being the first (at east in U.S) to use "wonky", less popular characters and successfully showing off their offensive potential. I remember it best in CvS2, SF4, and of course MvC3. That's why it doesn't surprise me at all that R Mika was his original "girl"
sorry she-hulk!
. I almost wish Capcom would fire him so he could become the world's best R Mika, lol. His banter, trash talk and overall personality is also very infectious.

Capcom would be smart to aggressively push Peter in the public light alongside SFV. Maybe they could create periodic "inside the studio" videos with him talking about where he came from and what's going on in development in the game. I'd totally eat that up!

I doubt Combofiend would look too kindly to any Capcom produced game if he gets fired just so they can let him play in tournaments again. When you get a position, it's hard to go back to the struggle that is trying to earn a paycheck just from sponsorship and tournament winnings.

peter0611

I doubt Combofiend would look too kindly to any Capcom produced game if he gets fired just so they can let him play in tournaments again. When you get a position, it's hard to go back to the struggle that is trying to earn a paycheck just from sponsorship and tournament winnings.

Well... yeah ofc. It was a dumb, wishful joke. :p

They should do like NRS does with the kombat kast and have a monthly (or so) stream where Combofiend goes over new characters and changes and stuff.

No Rog either means it's lookimg like a clear field

EX Pugera is going, I think he's capable of beating Infiltration. As for actually doing it, lets just say I wouldn't bet on it.

And my post from the other thread just cause I want to restate it here

Well thank you Mr. Infiltration and Luffy for continuing to lower the bar to qualify for Capcom Cup lol. It would be hilarious is a guy who had 0 points to his name gets in by winning one of the last two Ranking events because the current #32(and probably many more) have less than 128 points at that point and failed to secure more points at those events or didn't/couldn't go.

Tripon

Prelude II and Summerjam on the same weekend? What?

Alex Valle first gave out a later in summer date for Prelude II, then 'sometime in late summer' date after Prelude I ended. He then gave the final date after getting time and space at a local anime con in Anaheim. Most people thought Valle would just host Prelude II where they hosted last year SCR and Prelude I, at UCI.

TL:DR: Basically, Valle piggybacked on an anime con for free/cheap space.

Dahbomb

SFV sucks...

Buy it for me so I can show you guys how much it sucks!

That kid example actually runs counter to what he's trying to argue about experience required to be good in fighting games.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Negaduck

got to get a ton more experience in xrd today at our monthly tournament (I don't own the game so tournaments and sessions are my only way to play).

Kept missing pogo with Faust because if you aren't fairly close to the opponent it will whiff. Also getting better at knowing when to end a block string with an item over pogo.

I gotta learn that faust combo in the corner where you RC the pogo wall splat, tk a bag bomb then I believe its s.slash xx pogo, faust-o-copter.

Can't wait to get this game and revalator when it drops. Xrd is such a good game.

MrDaravon

CNneDcdUcAAbLO_.jpg

Uh.... Markman, I know you are trying. This probably isn't it.

Uhhhhhh

Also it's obviously hard to tell comfort from a picture, but I'm reallllly not feeling how those fightpads look right now. Probably just going to wind up picking up a FC4 at this point, I was kinda holding out to see what Madcatz was going to put out first but not liking what I'm seeing here at all. To be fair they could wind up being super comfortable I suppose.

I saw you start round 2 off with jump MP so I went for jump MP myself lol.. Was a little late I guess. That did nearly 45% or so!
Yeah. I am super free to jump-in cross-ups in the neutral with Bison right now. I just don't have a good answer to it yet. I wish we could spar so I could keep trying stuff out against you instead of blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom