• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

I may cancel my best buy order if they don't ship today. I was getting the CE mainly for steel book and the blu ray with documentary and steel book. Is the hand made of plastic? I saw the video but couldn't listen since at work.
It's not going to ship today. It still will have release date delivery though. People need to be patient.

sKiTz

The arm looks so light and cheap,

This collectors edition is not worth $250 (that's how much it is in Australia)

I'm glad I skipped out on this one.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It's not going to ship today. It still will have release date delivery though. People need to be patient.
I'm gonna assume you've got experience with Best Buy deliveries? When should we be worried, tomorrow (Saturday) If it hasn't budged from "processing"? That's what worries me, it's like they haven't even confirmed they have it yet. Let me know your experiences, please.

Golgo 13

PSY・S;176796001 said:
That price is seriously outrageous.
Yeah it is. My collectors edition was only $79.99 (BB GCU) and I'm getting a $10 gift certificate back, too. Sucks that Australia gets screwed on stuff like that.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
Yeah it is. My collectors edition was only $79.99 (BB GCU) and I'm getting a $10 gift certificate back, too. Sucks that Australia gets screwed on stuff like that.

yeah I did the same thing. I also used a $15 reward cert.

when its all said and done, If I ever get the thing it will cost me $59.99 for the CE.

praise BB GCU.

I'm gonna assume you've got experience with Best Buy deliveries? When should we be worried, tomorrow (Saturday) If it hasn't budged from "processing"? That's what worries me, it's like they haven't even confirmed they have it yet. Let me know your experiences, please.

You shouldn't be worried until late Monday night if nothing has changed. All my preorders don't ship until the day before and arrive the next day with standard shipping on preorders. So you don't need to select next day or release day or anything like that. It's just automatic with a preorder. At the earliest you might see a status change on Sunday, but honestly you might not see anything until it changes the status to shipped and you get a notification about it.

It's not about time. Just having second thoughts about the CE. I can wait for few days as I am deep into until dawn

Keep it for now. You can always return it. But if you deciding depends if it ships or not today, I can guarantee it will not ship or change status today.

Bikram

You shouldn't be worried until late Monday night if nothing has changed. All my preorders don't ship until the day before and arrive the next day with standard shipping on preorders. So you don't need to select next day or release day or anything like that. It's just automatic with a preorder. At the earliest you might see a status change on Sunday, but honestly you might not see anything until it changes the status to shipped and you get a notification about it.

Keep it for now. You can always return it. But if you deciding depends if it ships or not today, I can guarantee it will not ship or change status today.

Thanks I think you are right. I will just keep the pre order and return it if it's too awful.

Golgo 13

Thanks for the info :)

Greyvvolf

Canadian checking in here. I checked my order status from Futureshop, which is BestBuy now, and it said "In Progress" yesterday night. I checked my PayPal account this morning and there has been a temporary charge for the amount of the CE. Hopefully they ship it today or Monday. I was getting worried when this thread popped up.

I looked at my last few Best Buy pre-orders, and most either shipped Sunday, or late on Monday. So things should be OK.

Still paranoid, though. My copy of Witcher 3 arrived on time, but Wolfenstein:TBO was delayed a week and Deception IV was never actually shipped.

davedc226

I can't remember, but does anyone know if BBY starts their shipping to home the day of release, or do they ship so that it arrives ON the day of release? Meaning, if everything goes normally, would I get it on Tuesday or, a few days after?

Is the standard edition still available to preorder in stores? I tried on Amazon and even with prime it's saying it would arrive until the 3rd.

I can't remember, but does anyone know if BBY starts their shipping to home the day of release, or do they ship so that it arrives ON the day of release? Meaning, if everything goes normally, would I get it on Tuesday or, a few days after?

They ship it so it arrives to you on the day of release.

Is the standard edition still available to preorder in stores? I tried on Amazon and even with prime it's saying it would arrive until the 3rd.

I think that's just automated to do two days on top of the release date. It'll probably arrive by release day if you order now.

Ridley327

Supply shortage aside, any news on the [presumably] missing DLC codes?

There seems to be a suggestion that it's limited to the PS4 CEs. I imagine that once Konami has all the information they need, they'll relay the information on how they'll be appeasing buyers.

YPqp4lH.png

I've had nothing but problems preordering LEs from bestbuy.com in the past so I'm extra-worried about this one as I didn't get my preorder in until a month ago. I know it's normal for this stuff to not start moving until the weekend before release (if not Monday morning) so hopefully it's still okay...

Cleve

That has not been my experience with Best Buy in the past. It's often a day or two after release that they get my pre-orders to me. But hey GCU helps.

BTails

Update from Amazon.ca... I replied to this email, telling them that I ordered the day preorders went live, and that Collector's Editions tend not to have second print runs.

I've read our previous e-mails with you, and I'm sorry all of your concerns weren't addressed in previous correspondence.

I've checked our record and see that this "Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition" has been proven to be a very popular item and has become a surprise sellout.

When you placed your order, we believed we had access to more copies. However, all of our suppliers have rapidly sold out of this item.

We have many customer orders for this item and we're waiting for more quantities from our suppliers. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

Major distributors have thousands of quantities on order from the publisher, awaiting the next print run. As soon as more copies become available, we'll be able to fulfill outstanding orders.

To compensate for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to 'Express shipping' at no additional cost.

Meanwhile, I can assure you that we are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived.

//ARCANUM

So it looks like a couple people that were back-ordered at BB yesterday, have theirs preparing shipment today. Lol. Mine never it backordered and its still sitting in Processing. So maybe you *wanted* to be backordered yesterday? lol

YPqp4lH.png

I've had nothing but problems preordering LEs from bestbuy.com in the past so I'm extra-worried about this one as I didn't get my preorder in until a month ago. I know it's normal for this stuff to not start moving until the weekend before release (if not Monday morning) so hopefully it's still okay...

This is exactly what mine says too. I'm slightly worried..

tsunam1

Neo Member
Update from Amazon.ca... I replied to this email, telling them that I ordered the day preorders went live, and that Collector's Editions tend not to have second print runs.

It's obvious they went on fullfilling US preorders first, i ordered the day it went up as well. What a major fuck up in their calculations.

How do you get emails from them about your order? I haven't got jack shit

Also lmao @ "surprise sellout"

It's obvious they went on fullfilling US preorders first, i ordered the day it went up as well. What a major fuck up in their calculations.

Do Amazon Canada and US even share stock? I thought they were essentially run independently

BTails

How do you get emails from them about your order? I haven't got jack shit

Everytime I talk to a CSR rep online, after ending the chat, it asks "Did we solve your problem?". By hitting no, you get the option to email or call them and they'll respond.

I've hit no every time.

Everytime I talk to a CSR rep online, after ending the chat, it asks "Did we solve your problem?". By hitting no, you get the option to email or call them and they'll respond.

I've hit no every time.

Damnit

I always hit yes because they told me my order was fine and not to worry

Golgo 13

YPqp4lH.png

M1DjK0X.gif

So why in gods name would you ever order from them again?

Dunk#7

NWSIazMl.jpg

Am I guaranteed a copy (no matter how late) considering I pre-ordered within the first hour of it becoming available?

Is there anything I should do? I currently just have it set for free shipping

NWSIazMl.jpg

Am I guaranteed a copy (no matter how late) considering I pre-ordered within the first hour of it becoming available?

Is there anything I should do? I currently just have it set for free shipping

You're not guaranteed anything until you have it, but yours still says Tuesday so you should be OK. And yeah leave the default free shipping, I've switched to the fastest (1 day) in the past and it doesn't go out until launch day in that case. If you use free it should arrive on release

Dunk#7

You're not guaranteed anything until you have it, but yours still says Tuesday so you should be OK. And yeah leave the default free shipping, I've switched to the fastest (1 day) in the past and it doesn't go out until launch day in that case. If you use free it should arrive on release

Thanks for the info. I'm freaking out considering this is my favorite game series of all time and I have collected them all except the MSX versions of MG1 and MG2

Hasney

Ugh, I shouldn't have read Hermes have Saturday delivery without requesting it. Feel like I need to stay in until 5 tomorrow now just in case with the tiny hope.

Top Bottom