• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third |OT| A game made of liquor with perfect bald man. He is cool.

danwu

Banned
Played a solid 2 hours of seige mode, loved it !!!

The more I play Devil's Third multiplayer, it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid !
Like when there's enough players, it feels as though elements of the crazy MGS moment come together online !

PetrCobra

Coolshop is having an autumn sale.

among other things, they have future classic (sarcasm, obv. but still, give it a chance!) Devil's Third (Wii U) for £29.95 / €42,50

www.coolshop.de / www.coolshop.co.uk (or try whatever your favorite country is)

^

for those wanting to save a little.

You know, for me, this game already is a classic. Never mind the SP being much better than the reviews suggested, but the online is just fantastic. For me, the first online shooter different and interesting enough to play for hundreds of hours since DayZ.

TheMoon

You know, for me, this game already is a classic. Never mind the SP being much better than the reviews suggested, but the online is just fantastic. For me, the first online shooter different and interesting enough to play for hundreds of hours since DayZ.

Really gotta jump into this after I get my uni work done this week.

PetrCobra

Guys, anyone in the GAF clan, I see that the general has not played for quite some time which can make things difficult, mind if I invite you to mine? It's a small clan, founded it with one other guy, but we are fairly successful, top ten right now :). Also we are in alliance with some bigger guys, to be safer from bullies.

Actually anyone's welcome, not just GAF clan members. We need more personnel to be able to improve our position even more. It would be a much faster climb with some of you on board if you still play.

Edit: forgot to say the name of the clan: Crystal-Cats. It's just a variation of the name of our previous clan, Diamond-Dogs, whose general didn't take care of the clan, played rarely and only ever built weak basic bases that would bleed cash to their attackers.

I think I'll send some propaganda later as well.

Anyone tracking this thread might still be interested in the game.

Thanks to @wario64 for this
Game is currently 29.99 on dell.com
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A8592940

ATM seems like a price error. Would be crazy if that's the actual MSRP.

Just came to post.

Nintendo already stated it was going to be $60 in that press release they sent out two months ago that had Fatal Frame and other dates as well.

Anyway I preordered. I'll like to support what little community this game will have in the beginning.

Thanks for the heads up.

I was starting to think the game was gonna be a Gamestop exclusive, since they're the only ones with it currently listed at the correct release date (December 11th)

Everyone else just has the 31st for some reason

PetrCobra

So I finally finished the singleplayer today to get those extra golden eggs, and one thing seems odd to me. Remember when there was this little scandal about the non-aging woman (with the apearance of a 15-year old or something like that), who was supposed to be Ivan's love interest? I was waiting for that awkward plot to rear its ugly head the whole game, and what do you know. Turns out it's all just bullshit. Who was the guy (presumably a video game "journalist") who started it? Why did he invent the nonsense in the first place?

Ivan may be considered the girl's father figure but there's definitely nothing sexual going on between those two. The only short, mildly erotic exchange is with that girl from the trailer, Jane Doe I think is her nickname.

TheMoon

So I finally finished the singleplayer today to get those extra golden eggs, and one thing seems odd to me. Remember when there was this little scandal about the non-aging woman (with the apearance of a 15-year old or something like that), who was supposed to be Ivan's love interest? I was waiting for that awkward plot to rear its ugly head the whole game, and what do you know. Turns out it's all just bullshit. Who was the guy (presumably a video game "journalist") who started it? Why did he invent the nonsense in the first place?

Ivan may be considered the girl's father figure but there's definitely nothing sexual going on between those two. The only short, mildly erotic exchange is with that girl from the trailer, Jane Doe I think is her nickname.

Huh, interesting. Still haven't played much of it myself so this is kinda hilarious.

TheMoon

CSFyPQfWwAAMYZr.jpg

NA gets this box art.

Why.

Effect

The original box art at least looked interesting. It has some style and design to it with the glass shards in the background along with the picture of the Earth. The new one is just horrible.

jmizzal

Odd since it is coming Dec. 11 - unless they moved release date up for some random ass reason.

Yea thats what I was thinking, I guess we will find out if they did, when the new release schedule is released tomorrow before the Nintendo earnings meeting

I can see them moving this over Xenoblade X since this game has been out everywhere else for months, Xenoblade at least was getting localized

Earlier release would be awesome. Waiting for other sites to follow suit to get hyped but it would make sense to announce it soon since they just decided to post the new NA friendly boxart

@MUWANdo

Banned
so whats the consensus on the multiplayer from the people that have played it?

There's no consensus on any aspect of Devil's Third, it seems.

The multiplayer is hard to gauge because it's at its best with a high player count but the player population is tiny and the game really starts to chug once you get 10 or so players in a match. The f2p PC version might turn out okay, I suppose.

PetrCobra

so whats the consensus on the multiplayer from the people that have played it?

In my experience people who played it for more than a few hours more or less all agree that it's fantastic.

There are numerous bugs and as already mentioned, not many people play actively enough. Still, at peak hours it's fairly easy to get a good match.

In my experience people who played it for more than a few hours more or less all agree that it's fantastic.

There are numerous bugs and as already mentioned, not many people play actively enough. Still, at peak hours it's fairly easy to get a good match.

thats good to hear its really thr only thing im looking forward to about the game.

PetrCobra

thats good to hear its really thr only thing im looking forward to about the game.

You have no idea. I was looking forward to it A LOT, with some reservations because of people left and right talking trash about the game, but I never thought I'd rank it above Splatoon. The start of the multiplayer confused me, then I realized I'm having fun even though I don't play well, then suddenly it clicked and... yeah, here I am approaching 300 hours logged.

PSGames

You have no idea. I was looking forward to it A LOT, with some reservations because of people left and right talking trash about the game, but I never thought I'd rank it above Splatoon. The start of the multiplayer confused me, then I realized I'm having fun even though I don't play well, then suddenly it clicked and... yeah, here I am approaching 300 hours logged.

Hmmm Splatoon is my GOTY. Nice to hear.

PetrCobra

Hmmm Splatoon is my GOTY. Nice to hear.

YMMV but the clan wars, building fortresses and fighting in them is what makes DT more interesting for me (and I LOVE Splatoon, for the record).

I just wish they joined the PAL and NA regions for this game, at least sometime down the line. Game could really benefit from a bigger playerbase. Currently it favors clans that play unfair: even though they can't really win most of the time in a proper 8 to 8 match, they will raid other clans all night long when others are asleep, using one of their members as a fake defender. If American players were online at the time, that would make the life of these clans a bit harder I think.

Curious. Can anyone say anything about the online population right now?

Can you still get into games? Can you find players in the more niche game modes?

Waiting on my US preorder and I'll play it but feel like multiplayer will die in a month.

PetrCobra

Curious. Can anyone say anything about the online population right now?

Can you still get into games? Can you find players in the more niche game modes?

Waiting on my US preorder and I'll play it but feel like multiplayer will die in a month.

Sieges are quite easy to find in peak hours unless it's a very slow day. You can play the niche game modes mostly only if a) it's currently the mode that gives bonus experience or b) you find people in another mode and convince them to go play the mode you want to play

Also there are newbies every day so if some of them become regular players the community should actually increase.

Sieges are quite easy to find in peak hours unless it's a very slow day. You can play the niche game modes mostly only if a) it's currently the mode that gives bonus experience or b) you find people in another mode and convince them to go play the mode you want to play

Also there are newbies every day so if some of them become regular players the community should actually increase.

Thanks.

Hopefully there is crossplay between Europe and the US.

Very interested in playing this.

I want an off-tv multiplayer shooter.

-shadow-

Finished the single player mode a few days ago. Is it bad that I genuinely enjoyed it? Yes it's anything but good, but still...

I'm reviewing this at the moment and i'm quite honestly thrilled with this game. I went in expecting the worst but after hours of playing i've come to the conclusion it's the best multiplayer game i've played in years and the single player is mindless fun. Brilliant game.

Neff

Finished the single player mode a few days ago. Is it bad that I genuinely enjoyed it?

Not at all. The game wears its developmental limitations on its sleeve, but it's awesome fun throughout.

And the MP is really something else.

Top Bottom