• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official LawBreakers Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Jarnet87

A lot of developers making these character ability fps games. Overwatch, Battleborn, Lawbreakers. All look a bit similar.

I wasn't expecting much after that bland reveal cinematic trailer, but that actually looks really promising. I may play just for that grappling hook sweetness alone.

Let's hope Cliffy and crew can deliver.

CHC

It's painfully cheesy, but could it really be any other way? Kinda nice it's not too serious.

The rocket jump was pretty cool, same with the shooting backwards over the shoulder with that totally neutral facial expression.

hezWUXN.jpg

DJIzana

Love the setting! Not sure what class has grabbed me the most yet. Hopefully there's more planned to be revealed later down the road too. Consider me hyped!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It looks nice but it's free to play and I know I won't be able to compete. :-(

Still keeping an eye on it.

Qassim

Looks rather cool, I do think it is really lacking speed though, the characters look like they're walking through mud.

tebunker

Banned
Those characters, eh... A little too generic for me.

If arena shooters with crazy classes is your thing it looks like you will be spoiled for choice soon enough.

Xav

Totally marked out at the rocket jump but I think I got burnt out on shooters during the 360 era.

It seems a lot of these new shooters are taking inspiration from Titanfall when it comes to mobilty. (That's a good thing in my opinion)

WinFonda

A lot of developers making these character ability fps games. Overwatch, Battleborn, Lawbreakers. All look a bit similar.

Black Ops 3 is doing it too. And Destiny of course. It's basically 'the thing' going into 2016. It's gonna be big.

It's a genre mashup with MOBA, where it's about unique characters strengths and weaknesses, rather than a generic character loadout. I dig it.

Tbh, I felt rather ambivalent watching it. It looks rather uninspired in terms of art and game play direction on top of being f2p.

It makes me think this soon to be market of zaney "fast paced", team-based, every character is different, COD-slower than quake 3 mish mash is going to be over crowded pretty soon.

There are like 3 or 5 games that are like this now? All with that same bloomy, cartoony look to the characters...

inki

Looks pretty awesome, its all about movement now in shooters. Unfortunately I'm tired of Arena FPS games. I've moved on to larger scale skirmishes ala BF and PS2. Hope they do well though, somethings going to topple CoD, may as well be this.

Is this PC? have they announced consoles at all? Is this F2P by chance as well? I thought I remember hearing that.

It looks really cool !

Will need to see more for sure but still, as it is, the game has potential !

Is this coming for consoles or is it PC only ?

This really does look like that Overwatch game that Blizzard is making. I did not think "wow, I want to play this" at any point during that trailer.

Ont

Yeah, even this Lawbreakers trailer was almost like a carbon copy of Overwatch trailers.

Its funny that all these companies are trying to do the same thing at the same time, it is becoming difficult to find a game that is unique from this crowd.

Still, I like the look of this game more than Overwatch.

Top Bottom