• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: NA Special Edition announced.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
UPDATE: Back in stock at Gamestop http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition/125408

UPDATE: Now on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014LNTVGK/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (SOLD OUT)

IMO, this is far superior to the EU SE. (No USB stick there.)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/637754106187284480

CNnB-wSXAAAQn5S.jpg

Special Edition at a suggested retail price of $89.99 will get a beautifully designed package that contains:

The Xenoblade Chronicles X game
A gorgeous book of concept art with more than 100 pages, featuring select art for the very first time
A unique USB drive modeled after the game’s “Lifehold Unit,” pre-loaded with a selection of 10 music tracks from the game’s memorable soundtrack
A limited-edition matted 5x7 art card of a painting done for the game by illustrator Takashi Kojo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
EU is way better imo. Have no need for a USB stick in 2015 (let alone one sullied out of the box by having Sawano on it). Still okay though.

NateDrake

Special Edition at a suggested retail price of $89.99 will get a beautifully designed package that contains:

A gorgeous book of concept art with more than 100 pages, featuring select art for the very first time
A unique USB drive modeled after the game’s “Lifehold Unit,” pre-loaded with a selection of 10 music tracks from the game’s memorable soundtrack
A limited-edition matted 5x7 art card of a painting done for the game by illustrator Takashi Kojo

Eolz

Crossposting from the other thread.
If the EU edition has the same artbook (it's only 100 pages), I prefer the EU LE in the end. The USB key, while nice, only has 10 tracks on it, and there's no steelbook, poster and map here.

edit: Still great for NA! (for once)

Nanashrew

Banned
I hope it'll be at Amazon and Gamestop. All my money is currently at Gamestop with credit and all that and I neeeed thiiisss.

gogogow

This SE is better than the EU one imo. I rather have an art card than a folded poster. The box is also nicer than the standard carton box NoE always uses for SE's.

Bigger pic:

CNnB-wSXAAAQn5S.jpg:large

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Thanks! Added to OP.

WHHHHHAT?!?!? Nintendo doing a SE???

Its a USB, they couldn't put every track in the game in there???

I wouldn't say it is far superior to the EU version when all we know is what it contains but not what any of it looks like. The USB is neat though, kinda jelly. I need to see some pics of the steelbook and poster before I get jelly over a USB stick. Though there is only 10 songs.

hwy_61

Banned
At least if it was a Gamestop exclusive, people would be able to buy it. It would be better for it to be exclusive to Gamestop than the Nintnedo World store.

I'm hoping for best buy. That's where I buy all my video games these days.

Wait, that picture is slightly blurry, but it looks as if there's over 300 pages in the art book while comments here state "over 100."

Obviously the latter remains technically accurate, but what's the actual count? Is there a hi res image available?

Edit: I'll be grabbing this if only to show those mopes at NoA that limited edition releases are welcome. I wish they'd do something about Fatal Frame's lack of a retail presence, and a similar LE would be well suited to address that problem.

Top Bottom