• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird things from your youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about some weird stuff from my past and this came to mind.

My middle school had a taco bell operating I side our cafeteria. It wasn't a full fledged taco bell. It sold a stripped down version of the menu, like pretty much just tacos and burritos.
At the time I thought that was really cool but now I find it strange.

The amount of freedom we were all given in primary school (elementary) we are pretty much unsupervised with power tools, saws in DT (woodwork class), we were allowed to walk to the local park with no supervision for an hour every day to play football, walk to the library unsupervised twice a week, lot of the time our teacher left the classroom for long periods and left us be, once in Wales on an adventure holiday the supervising teachers disappeared for a whole day and we didn't see them again till the evening.

And the fact there was no medical issue on the planet my mum didn't think couldn't be fixed by a ham sandwich, a cup of tea, and some paracetamol.

Dishwalla

Banned
Our schools didn't have full fledged fast food chains, but they had one line that on one day would sell Taco Bell, another day would sell Dominos, another day would sell Carls Jr., and so on. We did have soda machines, candy machines, Doritos machines, and even a Good Humor ice cream machine. From what I've heard most of these vending machines are now gone from schools.

Herne

My father used to give us Guinness when we were young. Not straight from the can, mind you, but he used to pour it out into a glass, add milk, and then he would take the poker from the fire and dipped it straight into each glass (burning the alcohol away, I assume). I have no idea why, but we were very young when he would do that and we loved it. I remember him saying it was very good for us.

Yeah, still extremely weird.

This pretty much only happens when a dog eats bones.

I thought that was due to the change in nutrients or whatever in dog food?

My high school had a Taco Bell, a Subway, and a McDonald's. No joke. There may have been Pizza Hut too, but I can't remember. It was ridiculous.

History teacher used to offer some girls on the basketball team his sweater if they looked cold. He was always a little "too" friendly.

vikki

The neiborhood kids going to some church thing with the old man from down the street in the summertime. We went for the mini bibles and games. The old dude also had the coolest van, it was like a Winnebago and it had a TV.

You can turn your own shit white if your gallbladder doesn't work.

Should I stop eating these bones?

Producer

My middle school used to sell packets of pickle juice so you could mix it with hot cheetos. Shit was good but its weird to sell pickle juice at a middle school.

I swear to god there was some horror show on TV, and one episode was this predator type thing but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

zoukka

I might've broken in to an old abandoned cemetary home once. It was full of caskets, even small ones for babies. I have never been so scared in my life. It was in the middle of the night and I was still in elementary school.

Laputa_94

I used to think the D in Dinsey was a backwards G, don't ask me why...
disney-logo.jpg

Persona7

Banned
Oh maybe that's who it was from. There was no return address or label inside.

If I remember correctly they sent out a limited amount of them and you were supposed to pose them and then send in a photo. It was for that DS "touching is good" ad campaign.

I read this as "weird things in your mouth".

Same.

I thought it was weird how many old white women that hated children with every bone in their body taught at my elementary. It's like why are you here? To torment us?!

Also the ancient plumbing and facilities in said elementary always weirded me out and kinda spooked me as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom