• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert |OT| Beginning September 8th - 11:30/10:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colbert is in another class compared to the other late night hosts. That's not a slight on fans of Fallon or Kimmel or whatever. People simply don't know yet. One is a long time legend in the comedy scene and the others just aren't. Colbert is talented as a motherfucker, a guy who fucks your mother so well you can't wait to high five her and get the scoop.

Wait, what? That made my day.

As an European, is there a way for me to watch this show legally? VODs for example, like there used to be full episodes for Colbert Show on Comedy Central. I can't seem to find info on site, and we don't get CBS from TV here where I live.

thefro

As an European, is there a way for me to watch this show legally? VODs for example, like there used to be full episodes for Colbert Show on Comedy Central. I can't seem to find info on site, and we don't get CBS from TV here where I live.

CBS is weird with their VOD stuff compared to the other big networks in the US. I don't think Letterman's show was ever available VOD, but who knows what they'll do with Colbert's.

CBS is weird with their VOD stuff compared to the other big networks in the US. I don't think Letterman's show was ever available VOD, but who knows what they'll do with Colbert's.

CBS has the videos for The Late Late Show with James Corden up there. I would be incredibly surprised if Colbert's aren't also up online going forward.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

CBS has the videos for The Late Late Show with James Corden up there. I would be incredibly surprised if Colbert's aren't also up online going forward.

Yeah, the significant difference now is that the Late Show (and the Late Late Show) are owned by CBS and license the names from David Letterman's World Wide Pants.

Letterman owns the rights to all his shows so it would be up to him to put them up for streaming, or, potentially do what Johnny Carson's estate has done with episodes of the Tonight Show and license them for reruns on a retro TV channel.

The show will definitely be up on the internet and on demand.

The Beard

For a change it's nice to have a good talk show starting instead of ending.

Bring it on!

Which good shows ended? Letterman? He wasn't good for years.

I think Corden is really solid. I enjoy watching his show. Easily the best title song of any talk show going right now.

Anyone know how to watch the east coast feed for this? I'm on Comcast and I know they have live tv streaming for certain channels, maybe a way to switch to est? Always a bummer missing out on east coast gaf broadcasts, especially for something like this.

Anyone know how to watch the east coast feed for this? I'm on Comcast and I know they have live tv streaming for certain channels, maybe a way to switch to est? Always a bummer missing out on east coast gaf broadcasts, especially for something like this.
You could get CBS all Access I guess for the first week. They offer a 7 day trial.

I think Corden is really solid. I enjoy watching his show. Easily the best title song of any talk show going right now.

Craig Ferguson's interviews were still God tier even though he was on autopilot for years

Ballistik

I'm really looking forward to this. Like one of the articles said, this show will finally conclude all the big changes that have been occurring. It's remarkable how things were the same for so long, and then all of a sudden all these changes started happening that today's lineup of talk shows are indistinguishable to what we had before. They're mostly new and trying to modernize and innovate the traditional way of doing a basic talk show.

I'm looking forward to the rivalries, because as friendly as they are with each other, it's going to be interesting seeing Fallon and Colbert fighting for the spotlight.

Finally excited for late night again. Fallon was decent the first year but then he just started following the same old routine. Doing dumb expressions in his monologue, followed by doing stupid voices with Higgins for 10 minutes, then hey guys this is the book I wrote Dada see its got a pig,sheep,and dog that all say Dada, next were gonna play a drinking game because were so cool.

Kimmel looks like he's just there for a paycheck. Conan really lost his luster. Seth Meyers sucks and James Cordin is just damn annoying.

Good to have you back Colbert.

Well Stewart is older than Conan and continued for awhile after Letterman's retirement. But Stewart, Conan and Colbert were all born within a year of each other anyway.

i wasn't specifically talking about age, i was talking about for how long they've had a show. Conan started hosting Late Night in 1993, before any of the other current hosts had a show. but yeah, I guess age would make more sense in the context of what i said, haha.
Followed by Stephen Colbert!

Jimmy Kimmel had his show before Colbert Report started

spliced

Leno, Letterman, Stewart, Colbert Report. Letterman's interviews were still top notch when he had interesting people on. I don't care for Corden but his title song is fantastic.

Sanjuro

i wasn't specifically talking about age, i was talking about for how long they've had a show. Conan started hosting Late Night in 1993, before any of the other current hosts had a show. but yeah, I guess age would make more sense in the context of what i said, haha.

Jimmy Kimmel had his show before Colbert Report started

I was referring to their ages.

Leno, Letterman, Stewart, Colbert Report. Letterman's interviews were still top notch when he had interesting people on. I don't care for Corden but his title song is fantastic.

He has the only program that feels like a train wreck for me. Absolutely adore Reggie Watts. Between Corden's lack of wit and his Bud-Light bar on set, just feels like he hasn't found his niche.

The Beard

Leno was ass. I think Letterman is a cool guy away from the show based on other appearances I've seen of his, but he should've retired 5 years ago, that show was so tired. If he didn't like the person he was interviewing, which was like 90% of the time, the interviews were painfully boring. Stewart was a huge loss. Colbert had a minor layoff and we knew he'd be back in months.

Raxus

Craig Ferguson's interviews were still God tier even though he was on autopilot for years

Hell his monologue were great too. You could feel him not giving a shit and educating the audience instead about English monarchies or whatever passed his fancy. Probably the only late night host I will miss terribly.

Colbert, if the preshow stuff is any indication, should do great and he has not miss a beat. His interview with Jeb! I have high expectations for however.

I actually think I liked Craig's show better in some ways once he went on autopilot. Some of the stuff he had early on felt like it was trying a little too hard, like the puppets. Always loved Craig, never much liked the puppets.

But once he settled into the Geoff/Secretariat routine it was smooth sailing. Everything worked. His interviews remained top notch as usual.

His late night show is the only one ive been interested in enough to watch consistently and regularly. I even got to go to a taping once. I miss his show and I'm hoping Colbert can fill this void.

kingocfs

I like the way Corden brought the UK talk show flow with him with the multiple guests on at once.

I doubt Colbert will shake the format up much but he's the smartest guy on TV and his interviews will be great. This show has all of the potential to be special.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Can't wait to see what Colbert has to offer. I tried giving Fallon and Kimmel a fair chance after Dave went off the air, but I just cant get into their shows at all. Fallon with his celebrity ass kissing and Kimmel constantly trying to make his unfunny security guard a thing.. it's all so very bad.

Gotcha. In that sense of the word Conan is definitely the most senior late night host, yes.

Which makes me feel old.

Conan? Lost his luster?

While I would vehemently disagree that Conan himself lost his luster (he routinely proves in his remote segments that he is the most naturally funny person on television), I have to say the show around him is not as good as it was during the Late Night days.

Sanjuro

While I would vehemently disagree that Conan himself lost his luster (he routinely proves in his remote segments that he is the most naturally funny person on television), I have to say the show around him is not as good as it was during the Late Night days.

Lost Max, performers, writers. Budget simply isn't as much.

His staple now is his online presence and his remote segments.

The Comic-Con episodes were a great jolt of energy, I thought.

Lost Max, performers, writers. Budget simply isn't as much.

His staple now is his online presence and his remote segments.

Yep. Plus being in the same building as SNL, having easy access to UCB performers, etc.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien was lightning in a bottle in many ways.

thefro

I'm guessing Jon Batiste/Stay Human will start a love riot at the end of the show tonight (since they're the musical guest), which will be epic.

He's bringing a lot of it to late nite especially with the type of guests that are on. No other host will be as politically diverse

Yeah, I can't imagine a "Late Show with Stephen Colbert" without political commentary. It's probably not going to be the main focus but it will likely be more present than any previous big network late night talkshow.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I wish Conan came back to the East Coast. Seems like a gimmick now if he did with the majority of the shows being out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom