• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave shmups coming to Steam - Winter 2015, published by Degica

Takao

Banned
use a lower case g for games or just call them shmups
i thought this was a thread for a horrifically uninspired spelunker knockoff lol

Seemed logical to get some PC ports with the new found interest that japanese devs have in steam. I expect, and hope for most of their 360 catalog to be brought over.

Eolz

YES!
I remember them saying they wanted to do more ports, so pretty cool, it's finally happening.

Edit: often mistakes Treasure and Cave for some reason.

Ban Puncher

d56BA.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Better late than sorry. Their company badly needed to do this a couple of years back for their own good.

So agree.

For awhile, it seemed like the company was so trapped in their presumption that they should be a premium-priced product, that they'd rather die than give up that mandate.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
They don't seem to have copyright for Progear (just published the Arcade version outside of Japan), and sure as hell don't have anything to do with Ketsui.

Didn't mean for Ketsui, but I thought Capcom at least somewhat owned Progear.

Would be nice though. Progear is like top 3 Cave for me.

What kind of Death Smiles gear will TF2 get?

Peff

So agree.

For awhile, it seemed like the company was so trapped in their presumption that they should be a premium-priced product, that they'd rather die than give up that mandate.

They should. They have too many games for all of them to sell beyond their core fanbase once the "novelty" has worn off, and once they go budget price they can't really go back.

But still, what matters is that it's finally happening and that is amazing news.

@MUWANdo

Banned
They don't seem to have copyright for Progear (just published the Arcade version outside of Japan), and sure as hell don't have anything to do with Ketsui.

Capcom straight-up owns Progear and several other shmups released around the same time that were developed by other companies (Giga Wing, Dimahoo, etc).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Capcom straight-up owns Progear and several other shmups released around the same time by other companies (Giga Wing, Dimahoo, etc).

Why? Did they demand complete ownership rights for the ability to be distributed on CPS2 or something?

Nzyme32

And you never will. All steam releases will be ports of the iOS games ( ≖‿≖)

Let's actually wait and see. We've seen nothing of what they will do, but I'd always be a bit apprehensive of Japanese first time entries to Steam, sure

Yes Boss!

Yay!!!

Hoping for the non-360 stuff like Galuda and and Progear to make it. But the ports would be good as well!

(Dreaming for a Maximum Port as well)

hoggert

Finally. Hope it's their entire catalog and not just the mobile ports. I had to sell my 360 before I had the cash to pickup Espagulda 2 😩 really wanted to try Black Label in that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why? Did they demand complete ownership rights for the ability to be distributed on CPS2 or something?

From what I understand, they were basically financed by Capcom as a way to purge excess CPS2 stock. Okamoto, the old head of the arcade division, loved shmups and used this initiative to kill two birds with one stone.

TBH, I don't know if they own every one of those IPs or if they merely own the publishing rights for the specific games (which might as well be full ownership in these instances, seeing as tiny companies have no leverage to ever get them back) but I'm pretty sure Progear is 100% theirs.

Dambrosi

Banned
So agree.

To be fair, we don't know what they're going to charge yet, or how "premium" the ports will be. For all we know, they could think "budget pricing" is in the $20-$30 region. I hope not, for their sake.

However, if Ketsui is indeed the first game out of them for Steam, I'mma buying it anyway.

In other news, the only reason to own a JP
or jTagged
360 just vanished. Great news.

What kind of Death Smiles gear will TF2 get?
Gothic Lolita bonnets for all. Imagine the Heavy prancing about in a big frilly, flowery witch's hat, gibbing dudes.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This is wonderful news! So you have this and Eschatos from the folks at Degica/Degigames? They are gonna get my money thats for sure!

They've already release Crimzon Clover: World Ignition and XIIZEAL, with Eschatos and DeltaZeal on the way, and now CAVE's in the picture, too.

H2 Interactive is bringing over Raiden IV and probably Caladrius, and there are smaller publishers like Playism and Nyu Media working on other doujin games, so we're doing quite well at the moment. All we need is G.rev, I guess.

Top Bottom