• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided launches Feb. 23rd, 2016

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just wait a week before release and pre-order and you'll get everything and get to play it early.

Well Q1 and Q2 is sounding good for 2006. Quantum Break, Recore, Uncharted, Deus Ex, as well as others that im drawing a blank for.

javac

They're not releasing the game four days early if they get enough pre-orders, they're releasing the game four days late if they don't get enough pre-orders just to punish us! :p

Forkball

They're not releasing the game four days early if they get enough pre-orders, they're releasing the game four days late if they don't get enough pre-orders just to punish us! :p

It reminds me when Valve was going to release Portal 2 a few days early via the potato ARG, but apparently EA (the publisher) got mad and Valve could only release it like three hours before midnight of launch day.

jCGAz8m.png

I-never-asked-dpv1mh.jpg

XCOM 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided release in the same month? Dude, this will be my favorite game release month since October 2012, when XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Dishonored came out.

Dishonored 2 is coming first half of next year so they could add that to the same month, too :p

robotrock

Banned
Guys, you know how we pulled together to make Shenmue 3 happen? Let's do that again with these preorders to get the four day early access.

I just ordered 999 copies of the game on my dad's Amazon account (I'm going to cancel a week before the game releases since Amazon doesn't charge until it ships). We're going to make this happen!

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

GavinUK86

Guys, you know how we pulled together to make Shenmue 3 happen? Let's do that again with these preorders to get the four day early access.

I just ordered 999 copies of the game on my dad's Amazon account (I'm going to cancel a week before the game releases since Amazon doesn't charge until it ships). We're going to make this happen!

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I hope you're joking.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

This is a good idea, you have my support, nothing bad can come of this, would you like my credit card details? Just to help you on your noble quest.

DNAbro

Wanna bet those % are complete bS and will unlock overtime? Like it will be a week from launch and they will be like "yaaay you did it."

Wanna bet those % are complete bS and will unlock overtime? Like it will be a week from launch and they will be like "yaaay you did it."

It will be extremely hard to tell either way since the week before a game comes out preorders really ramp up a lot.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Must buy.
Day 0.
I asked for this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"Make your own choice, and embrace what you've become" is a pretty funny tagline for what is essentially a pre-order marketing shtick.

munroe

People are reacting as if the pre-order tiers are a new thing, it's happened in the past, mainly on Steam.

I kinda want tier 4 for the digital novel and comic. Really enjoyed the last Deus Ex book, Icarus Effect.

I'm having flash backs to that Assassin's Creed Unity prize machine or whatever it was called.

Pre-order pushing has gotten really ridiculous.

Elandyll

Banned
I'm not big on pre-orders (and the system here is rather obnoxious between the tiers and the unlock), but I'll make an exception for this.
Loved DE:HR to death.

robotrock

Banned
People are reacting as if the pre-order tiers are a new thing, it's happened in the past, mainly on Steam.

Any examples?

Remember that Portal 2 potato contest? I did a lot of work for nothing.

That game still came out on the scheduled release day.

AP90

Now for a serious question..

Do you think my brother will be able to play the Deus Ex HR on his i7 5500u Laptop with 8gigs of RAM and a 2gig GDDR5 R9 M275 gpu on high @ 1920x1080? (in prep for mankind divided?)

I am not sure what performance boost (if any) win10 & dx12 gave his middle end laptop. I was not sure if this would be new thread worthy even.

Thanks.

Top Bottom