• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV - MB Coins pricing spotted on PSN

55E454D34F1E0D0024

Example of in-game pricing:
FSFEkLy.jpg

More info: http://metal-gear.net/2015/08/31/mother-base-coin-aka-in-game-currency-prices-revealed/

Ledhead

God damn, fucking pricey. Any idea how easy it is to accumulate these in game outside of the microtransactions??

Griss

Really important to know how bad they've made the grind/wait now that I see they're expecting some people to need $80 worth of coins.

God damn, fucking pricey. Any idea how easy it is to accumulate these in game outside of the microtransactions??

No way to acquire Mother Base coins in game has been confirmed to my knowledge, but a Japanese press release suggested that there will be a daily login bonus to earn these coins.

Katori

But how many does a new FOB cost? Doesn't seem that unreasonable if they cost 100-500, although I do wish you could earn them in the game.

Really important to know how bad they've made the grind/wait now that I see they're expecting some people to need $80 worth of coins.

Came in here to find out how much it will cost me to get past those last few hours of grind and see the ending. Without resorting to Youtube, I suppose.

Arttemis

Has anyone detailed what 100 coins will get you, or 6000 coins?

I thought it was confirmed that you COULD get coins from missions?

IceOrb

The servers are not up yet.

When you start the game it will attempt to login for about a minute before going into offline mode.

I suspect there is a way to earn them if you are playing online.

I'm loving the game so far, but damn, is it resource heavy. Soldiers, materials, cash and now this. Can see it being a massive pain later on in the game.

Guess I'm not touching that mode.

Will probably trade the game in once I finish it. I don't feel like waiting for the inevitable pay 2 win MGO.

Lirrik

Looks like Australian pricing to me. We don't have 1 or 2 cent coins so our prices usually end with 95 cents instead of 99.

Shinjica

The servers are not up yet.

When you start the game it will attempt to login for about a minute before going into offline mode.

I suspect there is a way to earn them if you are playing online.

You can play online without getting invaded, simply dont build FOB base.

Arttemis

FSFEkLy.jpg

This image should be in OP.

So, you need $80 worth of coins to unlock all the FOB waters? How long would that take from earning mission rewarded credits?

danowat

Banned
So about $25 for a new FOB then?.....are we saying that the only way to get these coins is to pay for them?, not seen anything definitive on this as of yet, so if there has been, a link would be good.

What do these FOB's offer?, how much would someone be losing out on in the game if they never got one?

The additional FOB's are my only concern as far as MB coins go and even then I'm far more interested in infiltrating a variety of other players' FOB's than defending different installations, though having more than one FOB will make defense a little less repetitive I suppose.

So can I get MB coins in game, if not how many do I need to max out my FOB's and does that have an impact on finding more infiltration targets?

I guess we'll find out some of this when the servers go up.

edit: Ugh, that additional waters pricing is steep. Need word on in-game MB coin rewards.

FSFEkLy.jpg

This image should be in OP.

So, you need $80 worth of coins to unlock all the FOB waters? How long would that take from earning mission rewarded credits?

There are 3 buyable bases with MB Coins from what we know iirc, so $60. It's still scummy nonetheless.
You can't buy them with ingame currency.

Revven

anyone knows what these coins do? and if we are able to get everything without them?

MB Coins are only used for FOB that we know of -- we don't know how they can be used for Mother Base exactly yet. You can ignore them pretty easily (that is, it's not required to build a FOB which FOBs require MB Coins aside from the first one) from the sounds of things as development for Mother Base really doesn't take that long (that we know of so far).

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I wonder how much excess money the typical whale has at his disposal in order to be willing to spend—in the worst case–hundreds of bucks on nonsense like this.

Top Bottom