• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS Spoiler Discussion Thread

Main OT

In this thread, we can discuss the game and story without spoiler tags.

CALLTOACTION.jpg

Stimpack

"refined organic material" huh? That's going to drive some people crazy. Also, I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. It's taken me a good 10 minutes on a couple of these parts so far.

"refined organic material" huh? That's going to drive some people crazy. Also, I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. It's taken me a good 10 minutes on a couple of these parts so far.
The part that drove me insane was getting that stasis pod open. Took me forever to figure out the correct combo and order of syringne and chemical

Jackpot

Banned
I'm stuck at the same part. How do I get the stasis pod open? I only have 3 molecules so I tried a repeating pattern and symmetrical pattern for the others but no dice.

Stimpack

The part that drove me insane was getting that stasis pod open. Took me forever to figure out the correct combo and order of syringne and chemical

I hit maybe three or four 10-minute "sit & think" moments in my playthrough, and one 20-minute one towards the end. The one with the bone mending glue. Surprisingly I got the stasis pod stuff right off the bat, but that's just how things end up going sometimes. I won't lie, I was slightly disappointed by the puzzle solutions at times. I felt like there were times when the solutions were a bit nonsensical, and then I'd get to a point where it's like "well, if this is a solution, then the solutions could pretty much be anything" which I feel has always been a bit of a negative aspect of these types of games. Also, given the sci-fi nature, I had hoped for more computer puzzles. Maybe code-cracking or something? Still pretty cool, though! I enjoyed the Jukka cola ads and such. Those are always a lot of fun.

I'm stuck at the same part. How do I get the stasis pod open? I only have 3 molecules so I tried a repeating pattern and symmetrical pattern for the others but no dice.

Check the sticky notes on the sides of some of the PDAs. The guy in the storage room has one. Also make sure you're paying attention to how much syringe juice you're pumping into him as well, if you haven't.

So, uh, yeah...what do you guys think of that part? You know, when you had to slice into your spinal cord? I was not expecting to get a nice close-up view of that. And man, messed up the first time and your whole damn spine gets ripped out? The gore in that part put Mortal Kombat to shame, it actually felt disgusting and and disturbing

I was quite disappointed by the ending which was kind of cliche. The first 2/3rd of the game were better. I almost wish the game was in full 3d and there were more living characters to explain the backstory instead of just diary logs. Despite all of this, It is amazing that this was done by such a small team.

Ending was, sadly, whatever. Especially since one of the PDA's states that his wife was used as a clone factory. Expected a payoff until the very end and it never came.

So, uh, yeah...what do you guys think of that part? You know, when you had to slice into your spinal cord? I was not expecting to get a nice close-up view of that. And man, messed up the first time and your whole damn spine gets ripped out? The gore in that part put Mortal Kombat to shame, it actually felt disgusting and and disturbing

Topped Dead Space 2's eye surgery scene.

Just finished the game, clocked in around 11 hrs. Damn stasis pod puzzle...at least I wasn't the only one that got kinda stumped there. Pretty good overall, not sure I'm in agreement with the 9+ scores. Definitely a solid game. I thought the voice acting was really well done, but what really killed some of the immersion for me were the PDAs and computer logs. I think I'm just getting burnt out on that type of mechanic.

Although, having some of the clues scrawled on or taped to the sides of the PDAs and computers was a nice touch...I got so wrapped up in the reading that I wasn't expecting clues there and it took me a while to actually see them.

Hidden in plain sight...

Stimpack

Just finished the game, clocked in around 11 hrs. Damn stasis pod puzzle...at least I wasn't the only one that got kinda stumped there. Pretty good overall, not sure I'm in agreement with the 9+ scores. Definitely a solid game. I thought the voice acting was really well done, but what really killed some of the immersion for me were the PDAs and computer logs. I think I'm just getting burnt out on that type of mechanic.

Although, having some of the clues scrawled on or taped to the sides of the PDAs and computers was a nice touch...I got so wrapped up in the reading that I wasn't expecting clues there and it took me a while to actually see them.

Hidden in plain sight...

I'm fatigued on it as well. It's used so heavy-handedly. It's a shame, because the logs themselves were actually fairly well-written and interesting. A part of me wishes that stuff factored into the story more, in terms of interactions. I'd like to see different outcomes and choices based on the information you've gathered, but not in the sense of "you looked at PDA #3 and auto-unlocked dialogue option C."

Also, yeah, the cutting into your spine bit was pretty gruesome. I think I was disturbed more by the pregnant women, though.

Also, yeah, the cutting into your spine bit was pretty gruesome. I think I was disturbed more by the pregnant women, though.

At least they were silent. Tried to find a way to put the create on the room across from theirs out of its misery (partially so its breathing sound would go away), but no dice. Even the hybrid strapped to the table had better luck.

I'm fatigued on it as well. It's used so heavy-handedly. It's a shame, because the logs themselves were actually fairly well-written and interesting. A part of me wishes that stuff factored into the story more, in terms of interactions. I'd like to see different outcomes and choices based on the information you've gathered, but not in the sense of "you looked at PDA #3 and auto-unlocked dialogue option C."

Yea, got to the point towards the end where you find that guy in the hazmat suit...my reaction was ..."not ANOTHER fucking PDA". Thankfully that was the last one(I think?)

Also, there were numerous references to the password "AEGIS" in email logs. I thought for sure I'd have to enter that password into some terminal or something, but nope. Unless I missed it? Maybe it was just a red herring.

Stimpack

Yea, got to the point towards the end where you find that guy in the hazmat suit...my reaction was ..."not ANOTHER fucking PDA". Thankfully that was the last one(I think?)

Also, there were numerous references to the password "AEGIS" in email logs. I thought for sure I'd have to enter that password into some terminal or something, but nope. Unless I missed it? Maybe it was just a red herring.

Hah, yeah, Aegis. I thought for sure that would end up being something as well.

Hah, yeah, Aegis. I thought for sure that would end up being something as well.
Probably a sequel hook

Okay, the ending, was that to supposed to mean the wife was always dead. She looked mummified, like she had been dead for a long time. What did Malan mean when he said he knew all about John?

And I have to say, I saw Te'ah having ulterior motives coming from a mile away. The mysterious voice helping you, only to be using you is like the expected thing nowadays

Probably a sequel hook

Okay, the ending, was that to supposed to mean the wife was always dead. She looked mummified, like she had been dead for a long time. What did Malan mean when he said he knew all about John?

And I have to say, I saw Te'ah having ulterior motives coming from a mile away. The mysterious voice helping you, only to be using you is like the expected thing nowadays

It's hard to imagine John not looking at her face before sending her off. If he had done so and she was mummified, I'm sure he would have recoiled in horror.
Maybe there was a time lapse between the last shot of the craft leaving the Groomlake and the shot of his mummified wife. That is, maybe she never made it to whatever destination John selected and just drifted aimlessly in space until life support gave out and she became a space mummy.

I wonder what destination he selected, anyway?(the computer clearly says"destination changed").

....huh.

Jackpot

Banned
Also don't get the ending. Random dead woman on the Groomlake whilst your wife has already left on the shuttle.

The game's story felt way too similar to Dead Space. And what is up with the whole Samantha thing? They built upon that thing in the middle and no mention of that thing for the rest of the game. What a missed opportunity.

I would have loved to see more done with the insect queen, personally. I thought for sure she was either gonna break loose or come crawling out of the fire all scarred and burned.

Although, getting eaten by her if you have the balls to approach her twice was a nice touch.

Pilgrimzero

Overall, I liked it. Good effort for a small team.

Although,

I kept expecting a confrontation with one of the hybrids, but it never came. Or at least a chat with a smart one.

The ending was a huge let down. HUGE. If his wife truly was dead (and he dies as well) then the whole game was pointless.

I noticed his wife mentioned as a test subject in a PDA, though John seemed to miss it. Perhaps he was delusional? Hence why he didn't notice his wife was dead at the end? (If that was his wife).

Fuz

Banned
Not bad. Some flaws here and there (pixel hunting, unskippable stuff, uninteresting puzzles and a bad voice acting), but a decent adventure.
PDAs are a really terrible fucking way to tell a story, though. I read them all but at some (early) point I couldn't keep from thinking "Oh no, another fucking PDA!".

Some of the choices you're forced to make, oi. Loved the atmosphere and most of the writing, genuinely disturbing, grotesque, and strange. 8.587/10, would back again ten times.

I agree with the ubervillian weakness and some of the PDAs, but its highs were so much more than a few nitpicks.

Fuck about three of the puzzles, I was legit stumped.

Top Bottom