• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (ex-Vigil, Joe Mad, PC/Max, PS4/XB1 stretch) Kickstarter

KiraXD

Alumon! The Devil Hunter!

With an even cooler mask!

ESaBjfK.jpg

(you can see his concept here:)

i0vzLjw.png

W.S.

Both Chris (lichtner) and Aron (lusen) have done Joes art justice both together as Liquid! (and later on, separately)

Weird that U3 gets so much hate though because i absolutely loved Chris's colors over Pencils in Ultimates 3...
This looked effing incredible...
SrhsAin.jpg

wWWWO1d.jpg

Also this:
s9c47sW.jpg

Lusen had done a few things over pencils as well...

maSHNxW.jpg

fqQmsQz.jpg
The Ultimates stuff for the most part looked good, it just had a bunch of parts that were too lightly shaded in terms of pencils such as the Venom/Ultimates action scene.

I miss Lichtner and Lusen's coloring on modern comics but when I talked to them on previous occasions it seemed like they wanted to branch away from just color art.

finished Pirate Airship design

mVnMuFn.jpg

Wow that looks great, almost right out of May/Johnny's GGX level.

KiraXD

Well, they hit it. Now the Beastiary and Beastmaster NPC.

Interested in the Upgrade town stretch goal. But I'm sure that will be reached easily.

yup! so stoked... last day usually gets a big push... im gonna guess they will hit 800k by the end.

75k in 8 more days? yeah thats doable.

740k already.

I would like to see one of the Stretch Goal more anime cinematic cutscenes just because I would like to see Joe's art style in motion

Tizoc

im wondering too... keeping my twitter/fb active to see if any updates... also dtoid is doing an ama also questions had to be in before the 5th

So far my questions include:
Will there be a joke about long boat rides?
Have they considered making the game look cel shaded
Any chance they'd hire some of the well known voice actors like Liam O'brien etc.

KiraXD

So far my questions include:
Will there be a joke about long boat rides?
Have they considered making the game look cel shaded
Any chance they'd hire some of the well known voice actors like Liam O'brien etc.

update on twitter AMA

Joe Mad Twitter AMA - TOMORROW (10/6/15) at 3:00 PST / 5 Central / 6 Eastern!

We hit a whopping 12,500 backers, unlocking the Joe Mad AMA event on Twitter! Tomorrow at 5 Central he'll be at his desk, ready to fire back at any questions you may have. Good ones will be met with a FOLLOW by Joe on Twitter!

Get ready for the MAGIC!

KiraXD

just a quick note:

AMA with Joe Madureira creative director of BAttle Chasers/Darksiders/Airship Syndicate

Is going to be happening in 40 minutes if you wanna hop on Twitter and ask him some questions.

Also only 3 more days for Kickstarter, so go back it while you can!!!

(my question is going to be about physical copies/platinum trophy inclusion....)

Labadal

I would have backed if they allowed direct backing via their site or PayPal. I really wanted to give them my money.

KiraXD

I think this is the first look at Red Monika's 3D model...Looks fantastic!

possibly spoilers so ill hide it.

so what do you think? do we fight her before she joins our group? does she turn on us at some point? or is she just going where the money/job takes her. possibly she has no allegiance like in the comic - (shes a thief so shes not a good guy, but shes not a bad guy either) (like how Alvin was in Tales of Xillia.)
Or do you think its just development concept to show the characters right now?
5pjcTFV.jpg

manfestival

man I love this art style. This reminds me of cuphead where the art is so good that I feel like I cant help but be interested in it

Less than 48 hours now...

Oh, and I finally backed :p Money's been a little bit tight, but I've finally got some breathing room in my budget! So, 30 bucks it is.

KiraXD

Less than 48 hours now...

Oh, and I finally backed :p Money's been a little bit tight, but I've finally got some breathing room in my budget! So, 30 bucks it is.

Im so effing pumped for this... i just added two more items to complete my Battle Chasers Ultimate Collection... (every issue, variant, collected edition, anthology, preview, prelude, foil, gold, and finally... Wizard covers... lol)
Kh2fCIv.jpg

Linkark07

Banned
Voice acting as the last stretch goal. Not expecting to reach it but it would be cool if this game has voice acting, I guess.

SirKhalid

10 hours left.

From the comments section. Stretch goal will still be available after the Kickstarter end.
By the way guys - we have some plans to continue some the campaign past Kickstarter through the store. We aren't 100% sure how we'll work it, but don't give up on the stretch goals even after the campaign closes... :)

Exentryk

Art is good, turn based combat is great. But I'm not sold on procedurally generated dungeons that change everytime.

I know nothing about Battle Chasers.

But a long time ago I had a copy of Wizard magazine and there was a recurring section that had people coming up with ideas for comic book video games. Battle Chasers was one of these, and was visioned as a JRPG with a battle system similar to Final Fantasy X.

I haven't read up on this, so I'm not 100% sure what this will be like, but I find this all crazy. I'll definitely pick it up on the PS4.

Considering they didn't reveal the bulk of the final stretch goals beyond dumping them all at once with no contextual lead up like they'd been doing for the rest by and large, I'm thinking they landed at a good final total to round out the game quite nicely---though I'd reckon there is indeed a chance to crawl up to another goal or so after the fact.

KiraXD

14,175 backers pledged $856,354

Thank You! Now The Fun Begins

All,

Stage one is over! With your help, we've successfully funded Battle Chasers: Nightwar and can now do something very exciting: get back to making the game!

Thank You!

We expected to connect with fans, but quite on this level. Your support has been energizing and made us even more determined to do something special with this game.

We know backers take a risk every time they pledge on a Kickstarter project, so the fact that 14,000 of you were willing to take that risk is humbling. Not sure how many ways we can say it, but we'll say it again anyway: thank you.

Of course, the best way to make good on the faith of our backers is to make an awesome game! So... we'll do that!

What's Next For Backers?

We'll quickly get to work setting up our system on www.battlechasers.com for managing your pledge. It'll be there that you see your rewards, answer surveys, give us the info we need about you to deliver rewards, and so on.

You'll also be able to check out new stuff on the Battle Chasers store once we can take a deep breath and start getting some cool stuff up there. Expect more info about the store, and what we plan to do with it, soon!

Ways To Connect

Here's a quick list of the best ways to stay on top of Battle Chasers: Nightwar news and team info:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airshipsyndicate/
Battle Chasers Twitter: www.twitter.com/battle_chasers
Airship Twitter: https://twitter.com/airshipsyn

What About The Other Stretch Goals?!

Stay tuned to the news section of www.battlechasers.com for info about this topic very soon! ;)

Im going to hazard a guess and say they are going to put more on their battlechasers.com store for additional funds... we'll see, they are definitely going to put something in place to possibly reach those 3 extra goals... I REALLY would love a new area and voice acting... though im perfectly fine without.

Just The fact this game and comic are being returned to... is one of my longtime dreams...im geeking out so hard over this... its insane. im 33, but i feel like im 10 waking up on christmas.

varsas

Neo Member
I'm glad I came across this Kickstarter a couple of days before the deadline. I'd completely forgotten about this series but I remember now the long, inconsistent waits for new issues; I'll have to dig them out now though I've gone with a tier with the digital copies!

KiraXD

Quick Update. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, Dont worry... Battle Chasers Store is here! Offering another way to help fund the game even after their Kickstarter has ended!For now you will only be recieving Digital Items, but that may change in the future... They were less than 200k away from Voice Acting Stretch goal, so helping through the store just might help hit that goal!

Megatron

I think this is the first look at Red Monika's 3D model...Looks fantastic!

possibly spoilers so ill hide it.

so what do you think? do we fight her before she joins our group? does she turn on us at some point? or is she just going where the money/job takes her. possibly she has no allegiance like in the comic - (shes a thief so shes not a good guy, but shes not a bad guy either) (like how Alvin was in Tales of Xillia.)
Or do you think its just development concept to show the characters right now?
5pjcTFV.jpg

Really can't wait for this game, but this scene hints at what is a pet peeve of mine. Fighting against somebody with your whole party and barely beating them, then they join and are a fraction of the strength. Unless she gets trounced in this fight or maybe has some kind of scripted power enhancement that she loses after the fight to explain it?

Minor peeve,but I can't wait for this game!!

Ravidrath

Sorry for the cross-promotional plug, but figured this would be of interest to the people in this thread.

So Joe Mad approached us about a Battle Chasers crossover in Indivisible, and we chose Calibretto.

We're oing to try to get him in at this size, even if it means he can't fight in tight areas. Our designer thinks that could be an interesting strategic element to having him in your party.

If you're not familiar with Indivisible, we're running a crowdfunding campaign right now AND have a playable prototype available now on Windows / Mac / Linux, US PS4 and EU PS4. Links at the top of the campaign page!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls/x/2363858#/

Sorry for the cross-promotional plug, but figured this would be of interest to the people in this thread.

So Joe Mad approached us about a Battle Chasers crossover in Indivisible, and we chose Calibretto.

We're oing to try to get him in at this size, even if it means he can't fight in tight areas. Our designer thinks that could be an interesting strategic element to having him in your party.

If you're not familiar with Indivisible, we're running a crowdfunding campaign right now AND have a playable prototype available now on Windows / Mac / Linux, US PS4 and EU PS4. Links at the top of the campaign page!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls/x/2363858#/

And now I am interested in Indivisible, well played :p

KiraXD

been a while since any major updates... but heres some new concept art to hold you over.
qMHpTSe.jpg

xkU3I7C.jpg

wkcdIdl.jpg

UiTpgAb.jpg

and their new office (with some war golem concepts)
VuSdby7.jpg

KiraXD

End of the Year Update! (pretty big!)

Knolan
4TGRhWM.gif

vL5MTd5.png

jIxJChm.png

Dungeons (Red Monika!)
f2eK05p.gif

MEGWpoU.png

ytcM6Mr.png

Effects
pcezSSX.gif

Enemies/Weapons
Vps5wLN.jpg

h3KycUL.jpg

8BJMq0d.jpg

tsYBh0b.jpg

Yeah... its looking fucking amazing! (Those paint-like textures are so fucking good)

KiraXD

not much in terms of an update... a short Red Monika animation and some weapon designs
l4Ki00sEc3qPy9tBu.gif

(can YOU guess the game references of some of these swords?)
OXFttM1.jpg

And for fun i did some digital coloring (sketchbook pro) on one of Joe Madureiras gully sketches.

kD4QAM3.png

Top Bottom