• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to cook Sweet and Sour Pork, Nintendo-style

Jonnyram

PIFF!

img10072263087.jpeg

PAFF!

recipenf5.jpg

POOF!

subutarm8.jpg

Events occurred in realtime around 8pm last night.

loosus

Banned
Oh, man, it says you got a 29 out of 40. MUST TASTE LIKE SHIT DUDE

Neat idea. Maybe women will pick it up.

mutsu

argon said:
There are only 40 recipes? Or is that just a subset?

40 STEPS, not recipes.

There are 200+ recipes in this electric cookbook.

Hey Jonny! I am glad that your wife says it tastes good. I am going to get my copy real soon, can't wait to cook my wife something!!!

loosus

Banned
Hey, what kinda stuff does it have? I mean, does it have non-Japanese stuff? Or, stuff you wouldn't traditionally think of as Japanese, however you want to say it.

Gigglepoo said:
Yay for sexism!
you right!

Jonnyram

It's basically all Japanese stuff... including the usual Japanese variants of other asian dishes. I'm hoping it'll come out in the UK with a nice Yorkshire Pudding recipe. Sure I could resort to cookbooks too, I guess, but it's so convenient being able to yell at the DS to turn the page and having it speak to you so you don't need to be hovering over the pages every other minute.

Also, it has this awesome feature where you can select the number of people you want to cook for and it automatically changes the ingredient amounts :)

Jonnyram said:
It's basically all Japanese stuff... including the usual Japanese variants of other asian dishes. I'm hoping it'll come out in the UK with a nice Yorkshire Pudding recipe. Sure I could resort to cookbooks too, I guess, but it's so convenient being able to yell at the DS to turn the page and having it speak to you so you don't need to be hovering over the pages every other minute.

Also, it has this awesome feature where you can select the number of people you want to cook for and it automatically changes the ingredient amounts :)

Can you tell it what ingredients you have in your house and have it suggest what you can make from it?

Spencerr

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Wow.... those are actually some good features. When I move out if this is in the US I might have to order it online to spare the embarassment!

Jonnyram

cvxfreak said:
Is Cuisine Navi based on any popular cookbooks in Japan?
I don't think so, though the Tsuji Cooking Academy took care of providing the recipes.

Scalemail Ted said:
Can you tell it what ingredients you have in your house and have it suggest what you can make from it?
Yeah, supposedly. I haven't tried this feature though, as it would take ages to do that for our place.

Jive Turkey said:
Jonnyram are you an 80 year old woman? Those plates man...:\
No, but my wife is :p

PezRadar said:
do i trust myself keeping my ds lite in the kitchen.. i cant imagine splashing food or anything on it
That's the magic of the speech interaction - you can keep it in a safe place and just yell at it.

sp0rsk said:
are you using it again tonight
I hadn't planned to... I might be more of a weekend chef as I'm usually pretty knackered when I get home from work. I want to try the "Set Menu" feature, though, to see how it copes with cooking a few recipes at the same time, since that's usually how Japanese meals are made up.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
That's the magic of the speech interaction - you can keep it in a safe place and just yell at it.
holy shit awesome

NOA bring this here plz.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Why are you people eating when you should be playing Mega Man? You are killing gaming!!1

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Jonnyram said:
No, but my wife is :p
NICE! She's loaded and without a pre-nup right? Or are you just freaky like that?

Jonnyram said:
...but it's so convenient being able to yell at the DS to turn the page and having it speak to you so you don't need to be hovering over the pages every other minute.
That's awesome. Every cookbook needs to have this feature.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
That reminds of that picture someone took with Pictochat open asking if anyone wanted to play Pokemon Dash but everyone was playing PSP... Ah how the times have changed.

Top Bottom