• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] (possible) permanent prciedrops on many Vita Games on PSN!

Nightbird

So, if you visit the PSN-Store trough your Vita, you will notice that there is a new Section for a Sale right now. In German it's simply titled "Erspanisse", wich means savings. I don't know if there's something more specific in the other languages.

The odd thing however is that there is no expiration date for those savings on any of those Games. It just says that the price is valid starting September 16th. It can very well be that those are permanent, but since there han't been any word from Sony about this, i'm skeptical.

Anyway, here's the List!

Vita
  • One Piece Unlimited Red (Prestige Edition) 49.99€ -> 29.99€
  • Tales of Hearts R + 6 Classic Outfits 39.99€ -> 29.99€
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Godess Black Heart 39.99€ -> 29.99€
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 39.99€ -> 29.99€
  • Persona 4 Golden 39.99€ -> 29.99€
  • SteinsGate 39.99€ -> 29.99€
  • Street Fighter X Tekken 44.99€ -> 24.99€
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 29.99€ -> 24.99€
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair 39.99€ -> 24.99€
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy 39.99€ -> 24.99€
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z 29.99€ -> 19.99€
  • One Piece Unlimited World Red 34.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Farming Simulator 2014 34.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Dynasty Warriors Next 34.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Undead Knights 34.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Akibas Trip: Undead & Undressed 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Criminal Girls: Invite Only 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Dentention 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Natural Doctrine 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Injustice: Gods among us - Ultimate Edition 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Legends of Chima Laval's Journey 24.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Ninjago: Schadow of Ronin 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes 24.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 24.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • Lego The Hobbit 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • The Lego Movie Videogame 39.99€ -> 19.99€
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship 29.99€ -> 14.99€
  • MotoGP 14 29.99€ -> 14.99€
  • MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame 19.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Demon Gaze 39.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Dragon's Crown 39.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Virtue's Last Reward 29.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing Transformed 39.99€ -> 14.99€
  • The Walking Dead: Season 1 19.99€ -> 14.99€
  • The Wolf Among Us: Season 1 24.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Asphalt Injection 19.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Rayman Origins 19.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 14.99€ -> 12.99€
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 14.99€ -> 12.99€
  • Silent Hill Book of Memories 29.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! 39.99€ -> 14.99€

PSP

• Dead or Alive Paradise 34.99€ -> 19.99€
  • IL-3 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 34.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Rivera 17.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 19.99€ -> 9.99€
  • MotoGP 13 19.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Adventures To Go! 14.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days 19.99€ -> 14.99€
  • Pure Chess - Complete Bundle 12.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Lego Batman: The Videogame 19.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99€ -> 9.99€
  • Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops 10.99€ -> 7.99€
  • MotoGP 13 Compact 6.99€ -> 4.99€
  • MotoGP 14 Compact 9.99€ -> 4.99€
  • MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame 9.99€ -> 4.99€

This being ahead of PGW could possibly mean they will make some major announcement for Vita there? But it is strange that they are reducing the price of some PSP games as well. Are you sure it is not a sale instead of permanent price drop?

Those dropped last week and weren't mentioned on the blog at all. Also applies to a number of PS3 games.

Pretty sure they're permanent. It applies to most of NISA's games so I wonder if that says something about their Vita focus going forward.

Nightbird

This being ahead of PGW could possibly mean they will make some major announcement for Vita there? But it is strange that they are reducing the price of some PSP games as well. Are you sure it is not a sale instead of permanent price drop?

This is what confuses me too. It could be a regular sale, but theres not written when it will end.

As example, the Webstore page for Danganronpa in the UK store

BIWDz8c.png

Bauer91

Coming off of replaying the first three MGS games on Vita I jumped on that half priced Peace Walker as soon as this price drop happened.

My guess would be that those are permanent price reductions.

PranooY

Already own most of the games. Still kinda nice to see price drops.

P.S: Its been a while since you've said hi to us on Twitter, OP. ;)

LewieP

The savings aren't impressive enough to be a temporary sale, methinks.

Agreed on this.

Although the information displayed on PS Store game listings is often incomplete (It's so frustrating that there's often not clear information about what is and isn't crossbuy), no end date for the discounts isn't 100% conclusive that these are permanent drops.

As much as I criticise Peace Walker I'm tempted to double dip on it because the base gameplay is pretty good, and grinding those bosses would be better on a portable game.

How is the transfarring between PS3/Vita?

Agreed on this.

Although the information displayed on PS Store game listings is often incomplete (It's so frustrating that there's often not clear information about what is and isn't crossbuy), no end date for the discounts isn't 100% conclusive that these are permanent drops.

The fact that none of the new prices are weird sale prices that happen by just applying percentages and that there are no PS Plus discounts combined with the other indicators makes it seem pretty conclusive to me.

Not 100%, but at least 90%

LewieP

The fact that none of the new prices are weird sale prices that happen by just applying percentages and that there are no PS Plus discounts combined with the other indicators makes it seem pretty conclusive to me.

Not 100%, but at least 90%

Yep. It's a fairly strong indication.

Oh one last thing. This is how sales look on the store page. Sorry for the German.
They have the "Save X%" and the old price crossed out.

SCEE could have screwed up of course, but I doubt it in this case

NewDust

This was only briefly mentioned in last weeks store update post. They talk about "pricedrop" and all other indicators are pointing towards a permanent reduction. There are also dozens of PS3 games lowered in price, but there is no category listed in the store for them. For a complete list of the pricedrops, you should go to psprices.com.

I believe some of these games have also reduced in price in NA. Just not as many.

On the PS Store Update post on the PS EU Blog last week they mentioned that hundreds of titles were receiving a permanent price drop.

Audioboxer

This was only briefly mentioned in last weeks store update post. They talk about "pricedrop" and all other indicators are pointing towards a permanent reduction. There are also dozens of PS3 games lowered in price, but there is no category listed in the store for them. For a complete list of the pricedrops, you should go to psprices.com.

I believe some of these games have also reduced in price in NA. Just not as many.

Nice website!

Bishop89

Have the majority I already want.

These look like the prices they give for every other sale, so if this is in fact a permanent price drop, i'll wait until these go on a 'temp' sale for dirt cheap! :D

Gandalf

Yup. I think 20 quid is the sweet spot for me.

I'm interested in trying it out as a newbie and maybe getting into Persona 5 next year.

I'm pretty sure it was discounted to below £20 in the Christmas sales from last year.

I imported it and paid £45 back in 2012, and it was worth every single penny.

I noticed this while browsing the store on my vita several nights a go

Thought it was strange since I haven't been notified of any sort of sale on the playstation blog.

Saw the reduced price of some titles and odd lack of expiration date

immediately thought it was a trap.

Now it sounds interesting, and definitely tempting... hmmm

I'm pretty sure it was discounted to below £20 in the Christmas sales from last year.

I imported it and paid £45 back in 2012, and it was worth every single penny.

Well with over a 100 hours of gameplay I'd imagine it's easily worth it.

Just looked on PSN and it's now £25 which is fair enough to jump into during Xmas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
A refresh of content would be a good time oerhaos for danganronpa to actually get white listed for PSTV compatibility.. It is compatible in the US and Japan and the sequel is comoatible in Europe.

Greddleok

Some good games there, shame I own all the ones I want except Danganronpa 2; but I've not even gotten around to playing the original yet.

What really are the chances that we see the Danganronpa games on PS4 or any other platform? I'm probably willing to bite at these prices, whatever they are, but would prefer a PS4 or PC version if it's AT ALL possible. Is there any rumblings of this?

spons

Gold Member
There's no list of games on the Dutch store but the individual ones are priced lower than before without a cutoff date. Good find.

Human_me

What really are the chances that we see the Danganronpa games on PS4 or any other platform? I'm probably willing to bite at these prices, whatever they are, but would prefer a PS4 or PC version if it's AT ALL possible. Is there any rumblings of this?

I bet they will port of them to the PS4, Especially as Danganronpa 3 is coming out on PS4.
They will either do a bundle and/or sell them individually on PSN.

Don't expect a PC version though.

Bittercup

Yes!!!! Been waiting on disgaea... Is the vita region lock? I'm from NA
No it's technically region free. But you are limited to a single account. If you are using an NA account on your Vita you have to factory reset the system and format the memory card/use a different card to use it with an EU account.

Top Bottom